THE BROWNS BOARD

Over/Under on BE drops tonight

bonedawg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong, Sanchez's was just as much IG. He just threw it away, the reciever was up the field.

In the grass yes (they should have called it a sack). but he was looking at the receiver when he threw it - the throw was off because he was falling backwards. The receiver was within 5 or 10 yards of where the ball went.

Give me a break. Sanchez was 12-24 and he is "really really" good. No wonder people don't like ya Shep.

For a guy in his fifth game playing with a guy that just arrived 5 days ago, yes, he was really good.

Unlike DA or Quinn, it was enjoyable watching him play, not an exercise in holding your breath waiting for something bad to happen.

couldnt be more true

I agree. We have been holding our breath with QBs for a long time.

Guys like Bernie, Sipe, Etc threw picks and made dumb plays like anyone else. The difference with those guys is you felt they would come back next play or next series and get it done. The last 10 years we have had qbs that deep down none of us really had much confidence in...it's like we are rooting for them to not screw it up more than we root for them to make something happen.

Guest Masters
I agree. We have been holding our breath with QBs for a long time.

Guys like Bernie, Sipe, Etc threw picks and made dumb plays like anyone else. The difference with those guys is you felt they would come back next play or next series and get it done. The last 10 years we have had qbs that deep down none of us really had much confidence in...it's like we are rooting for them to not screw it up more than we root for them to make something happen.

Sadly what you said is soooooo true.

Well, everyone shit on me when I said we got fleeced for BE and that he would have a huge game Mon night! I also went on to say he puts up probowl numbers this season and not one person on here agreed! Well everythings unfolding just like I knew it would and once again we get xxxxed by Mangina and the Jets. The standard was set when Roy Williams was traded for a 1st and 3rd, we got a a shitty WR and a special teamer along with undisclosed picks which will equate to probable a 4th round pick.

BE should of been benched, don't trade him for NOTHING! We continue to get xxxxED and everyone takes it with hands wrapped around ankles here! Open your eyes this regime is a joke! We should of went with the home town boy Mcdaniels who has taken a mediocre team and done wonders by going undefeated, instead we've got a coach thats exstatic with the TURD of a game we played Sunday!

Well, everyone shit on me when I said we got fleeced for BE and that he would have a huge game Mon night! I also went on to say he puts up probowl numbers this season and not one person on here agreed! Well everythings unfolding just like I knew it would and once again we get xxxxed by Mangina and the Jets. The standard was set when Roy Williams was traded for a 1st and 3rd, we got a a shitty WR and a special teamer along with undisclosed picks which will equate to probable a 4th round pick.

BE should of been benched, don't trade him for NOTHING! We continue to get xxxxED and everyone takes it with hands wrapped around ankles here! Open your eyes this regime is a joke! We should of went with the home town boy Mcdaniels who has taken a mediocre team and done wonders by going undefeated, instead we've got a coach thats exstatic with the TURD of a game we played Sunday!

Are you freakin serious?

Lets look at the whole picture here.

Braylon had one great year here but was a pouting bitch the rest of the time and it's clear he wanted out. So either we get something for him or let him walk at the end of the season. Oh, and please tell me, how was he gonna put up Pro Bowl numbers here when our QB's can't even hit the broadside of a barn?

The Jets are a contender and that does wonders for how players perform.

I do love the negativity over a WIN. I'd love to see your reaction if we had lost the game...

It wasn't pretty and we may not win another game the rest of the year but it's amazing what one win can start to build.

So how many threads are you going to thump your own chest in while not even getting the facts straight???

I dug up the other thread so im leaving the subject alone on this one. My thoughts are on the Hey momas thread..

5 catches for 67 yards is a big night against a team that db's even suck according to Parcells. Like...........please. The Jets wouldn't even got close enough to score again without the Refs giving them a helping hand(which also led to "makeup TD" when Henne clearly grounded the ball....twice) with BE dropping balls.

BE had a 5/95 game with BQ against Denver. This wasn't even his best game yard wise!!

5 catches for 67 yards is a big night against a team that db's even suck according to Parcells. Like...........please. The Jets wouldn't even got close enough to score again without the Refs giving them a helping hand(which also led to "makeup TD" when Henne clearly grounded the ball....twice) with BE dropping balls.

BE had a 5/95 game with BQ against Denver. This wasn't even his best game yard wise!!

Did you really just say "like....please."

ITHIKA, holy crap dude, did you just start following Braylon Edwards?

That dude will always shine on MNF, he loves the spotlight and he's more interested in being a celebrity than being a football player. I said this last night and it bears repeating.

One game does not a trade evaluation make.

I'm not sure why you have such a hard on for a WR that can only catch a ball if it's in the most spectacular fashion imaginable. He was infuriatingly inconsistent during his time here. He had 1 good year, and at the end of the year.....THIS SEASON he was leaving no matter what. So you are really that pissed off that we aren't going to have Edwards for the next 11 games? Really? On a team that's not going to the playoffs, what exactly do we need edwards for? So he can take time/reps away from our young guys?

Im discussing this in the momas thread inspecta that way im not cluttering up the board more than it needs to be, I apologize to the mods for posting the same subject in two threads but it took me a second to dig up the other old one.

In response, it has nothing to do with BE its about value and we didnt get value for him. Check out the hey momass thread.

The "standard" was set for BE when the Giants said they weren't giving the Browns anything more than a third back in April....and when three teams recently told the Browns to keep him...they weren't interested. As of a week from today, BE would have been worth nothing to the future of the Browns' franchise as he was not going to re-sign and he would not have been tradeable. Getting a third , a fifth and two players was as good a deal as you were getting because not everyone is as much of a homer for Roy E. Williams as Jerry Jones was.

If you think that the success of this trade hinges on BE playing poorly in New York, you're not only deluded but just plain silly. It will have no bearing unless he totally tears it up and we get a second and a fifth....oh wait, no....we don't need any draft picks....we're just fine with benching him and getting nothing in return!

Archived