THE BROWNS BOARD

Ndamukong Suh

BernietheKid

i do not feel as strong about Mccoy DE (Oklahoma) not mccoy QB (texas)...

Gerald McCoy was great last week against Texas: he had two tackles for loss, a sack, and five quarterback hurries. He disappeared against Miami and Baylor, but he's an elite prospect in his own right. Very Warren Sapp-ish.

Suh's a better projection to 3-4 end because of his great combination of strength, tenacity, and athleticism. But if we were looking for an explosive one-gap penetrator, I'd probably take McCoy over Suh.

McCoy probably will have more career sacks; Suh will clog more running lanes.

Gerald McCoy was great last week against Texas: he had two tackles for loss, a sack, and five quarterback hurries. He disappeared against Miami and Baylor, but he's an elite prospect in his own right. Very Warren Sapp-ish.

Suh's a better projection to 3-4 end because of his great combination of strength, tenacity, and athleticism. But if we were looking for an explosive one-gap penetrator, I'd probably take McCoy over Suh.

McCoy probably will have more career sacks; Suh will clog more running lanes.

Yes i watched the Texas game (had to turn it from the buckeye cluster F)

he looked solid...i wouldnt complian..id prefer SUH as you mentioned blowing up the run...id prefer to get a fast athletic quarterback killa on the opposite side of WImbley in addition to SUH...good luck right?

Did anybody see Mizzou vs. Nebraska last night? This guy was all over the place, I would really like to here Alo's thought's on this guy. Here is a scouting report on him.

Ndamukong Suh, 6-4/305

Defensive Tackle Nebraska

Ndamukong Suh Scouting Report

By Matt McGuire

Strengths:

Very big frame

Outstanding muscle definition

Good lower body strength

Elite junior year production

Very active; above average motor

Nice second effort

Good agility

Takes on multiple blockers; run clogger

Highly athletic

Grades out well in chase (pursuit) tackling

Disengages from linemen to make tackles

Powerful

Collapses pocket

Backfield penetrator

Good instincts

Explosive off snap

Great leadership and reportedly solid work ethic

Solid all-around skill set

Good amount of upside

Versatile; can play 1-, 3-, and 5-techniques.

Weaknesses:

Occasionally gets too high in stance; leads to being washed

Leverage technique could be more consistent

Could develop more of a pass-rush repertoire

Multiple knee injuries and surgeries

One-year wonder?

Summary: Suh is an outstanding prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft class because there is so much to like about him. He can play in multiple schemes, which NFL general managers love. His durability could end up being a huge problem dependent on doctors' reviews at NFL Combine like Glenn Dorsey. If he can stay healthy and keep the production up as a senior, he should be a first-round lock. Name pronounced IN-DOM-AH-KEN SOO. "Ndamukong" means "House of Spears" in a Cameroon language.

Player Comparison: Richard Seymour. Seymour and Suh have that great length, explosiveness, and strength that you want in a defensive tackle with the ability to play various schemes.

Thanks BernietheKid! Great stuff!

They were really talking this kid up on the local sports radio show here in Nashville. Another stud who's name I did not catch is supposed to be a LBer for the Arizona State Sun Devils. Allegedly not just good but they think he's gonna be the closest thing to a Ray Lewis type of enforcer as it will probably ever get. That might be a little much to live up to but it at least it means he's turning heads and probably clearing heads on a weekly basis. Of course I don't have his name. I'll see if I can get it sometime soon and post up a new thread about him.

- Tom F.

• 1 month later...

I dont know how many of you people watched the Big 12 Championship but this guy almost beat Texas by himself

This guy is a Defensive Tackle

Suh had 12 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, and 1 quarterback hurry against TEXAS

Suh leads his team with 82 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, 1 interception, 10 passes broken up, 24 quarterback hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 3 blocked kicks. Suh has accomplished this despite often being double and triple-teamed by opposing offensive lines.

This guy is going to be a beast in the NFL

Hes 64 300 pounds

He reminds me alot of Kevin Williams of the Vikings

Archived