THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

maybe we shoudl trade da to buffalo so he will finally throw to the guys wearing brown for once.

That was funny dude ... but DA has more potential than their QB, but as of now im going with Mangini philosophy. Enough changes , enough confusion. lets hang on and sail on ...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we robbed the Jets. Two young players who alreafy the know the scheme and terminology. They can step in right away. That LB is from Cleveland too. And Stucky has some good hands. A first and 3rd? Nice! I would have done it for a 3rd so this is a steal!

??? we didn't get a first and a 3rd....

Ive heard at best its 2 seconds. one next year one the year after. or a 3rd and a 5th which sounds more likely.

I think 2 seconds would have been a huge coup for Mangini. If it's the 3rd and 5th, that makes it about an even trade.

We got something for a guy that was walking end of the season

We got something for a guy that will be sitting on his ASS when Roger drops the hammer!

Given all the circumstances, I think we did better than even.

FYI.... rizzo still saying their going to talk about the night at the club with Sabrina. Hasn't happened yet.

Without much thought..... too early anyway... yes that's the excuse I'm going with....

My gut reaction.......

Good.

1) Report has been filed, pictures taken, think there were witnesses(? feel free to deny or confirm). Sounds to me like there is enough to at least move forward with criminal charges. Again, speculation on my part, admitted.

2) NFL is doing their own investigation. Even if he doesn't face criminal charges, he probably broke some NFL rule and you know Goodell isn't going to let that slide. If it shakes out to be true, he did hit the guy, he will face a multiple game suspension.

3) He's not sticking around after this season anyway. I think Mangini would have been happy to keep him and that's why he wasn't traded earlier. He's one of the few guys with talent on this team! When he decides to use it. but this, this put it over the top. Mangini had an out and he took it. He got something for what would have been nothing in the offseason. Plus he woudln't be on the field for several games this year anyway.

I could be wrong, but without any concrete info, this is my initial reaction.

Just hope we got a little something for him but not holding my breath.

4) shows Mangini is still ruling with the iron fist. 4 games in, the man's still got it! Just in case anybody forgot, or thought he was getting soft in his looooooong head coaching career.

5) BE is bound to confuse his playbook with a movie script anyway. Glad he won't be here when he does it.

I'm just glad we don't have to hear the "woe is me, a Michigan Man playing in Buckeye land gets no respect BS" anymore!

Leroy Hoard was a Michigan Man with not even half the athletic ability of BE but he was never boo'ed in Cleveland because he did something BE is incapable of doing - he played the game with heart. Not a whole lot of skill but played hard whenever he was in there.

I hope BE is on the sidelines for Ohio State/Missagain this year! I'm sure he'll hear it from Buckeye/Browns fans!

Good riddance BE, you are somebody else's fans problem now.

I think we robbed the Jets. Two young players who alreafy the know the scheme and terminology. They can step in right away. That LB is from Cleveland too. And Stucky has some good hands. A first and 3rd? Nice! I would have done it for a 3rd so this is a steal!

Neither of these two guys will contribute right away. We got some guys that are filler for the time being, not longer term difference-makers.

I was kind of excited about Ol' Horseballs throwing to Braylon and MoMass the rest of the year, but Edwards punched his own ticket out of town, Mangini ain't gonna put up with the me me me shit.

We can start Furrey and Mo and blend in Cribbs and Robiskie and hopefully we'll be alright.

Furrey is solid and Mo looks awesome so far. Cribbs is the anti-Edwards and will do anything for the team. Robiskie is an unknown, he supposedly was the most "NFL Ready", but then again, so was Quinn.

Zombo

Rewind to 1 year ago, who would have thought by week 5 of this season, we'd be 0-4, without Winslow, Edwards, and Stallworth.

Again, you can't make this stuff up.

Add in Denver would be trading Cutler for Orton and Andre Davis would be a key on defense for them to be 4-0 right now and I'd say what the f%ck were you smoking!

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...on_edwards.html

New York media aware of what the Jets are getting in Braylon Edwards

By Starting Blocks

October 07, 2009, 10:09AM

Joshua Gunter, The Plain Dealer Former Cleveland Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards, typically, has a pass go off his hands against the Houston Texans last season.Braylon Edwards is obviously bringing a reputation with him to New York.

The Cleveland Browns have traded wide receiver Edwards to the Jets, reportedly for linebacker and special teams standout Jason Trusnik, wide receiver Chansi Stuckey and two draft picks.

Edwards, one of the league's most gifted yet unreliable receivers, has often made negative news off the field, with thoughtless quotes and mini-confrontations. Early Monday morning, Edwards reportedly punched Edward Givens - a friend of the Cavaliers' LeBron James - at the View Ultra-Lounge & Nightclub in Cleveland.

So, look out New York.

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News today describes Edwards as "disgruntled." A staff report by the New York Post calls him "troubled," as does the Associated Press report carried by the New York Times. Newsday leaves out any adjectives in conjunction with Edwards, but writes that he has "struggled this year."

Writes Rich Cimini:

Edwards, a first-round pick, is regarded as an elite talent, but he has been involved in a series of off-the-field incidents and wore out his welcome in Cleveland.

His contract expires after this season, but he may not be an unrestricted free agent. It depends on the CBA. If there's no salary cap in 2010, Edwards will be a restricted free agent.

It's not clear if the Jets extended Edwards' contract

Also, a NY reporter on SportsCenter just now saying Stuckey "is a nice receiver, but just wasn't stretching the field and getting the job done". So, if MoMass can be the stretch guy, maybe Stucky can be our possession receiver.

Good stuff from Chris Mortensen:

He claims that Braylon was at the center of all the dissension in the locker room, was a frequent violator of team rules (parking in the secretary's parking space, etc.), and was going to be shipped out before the trade deadline anyway. The recent incident may have just forced the Browns to speed up their plans.

Add in Denver would be trading Cutler for Orton and Andre Davis would be a key on defense for them to be 4-0 right now and I'd say what the f%ck were you smoking!

Add in even with a new coach, we're still farting around with our own Abbott n' Costello routine, "Whose on First?" under center?

Good stuff from Chris Mortensen:

He claims that Braylon was at the center of all the dissension in the locker room, was a frequent violator of team rules (parking in the secretary's parking space, etc.), and was going to be shipped out before the trade deadline anyway. The recent incident may have just forced the Browns to speed up their plans.

Damn I'm glad you're back. Content, content, content.

Thanks.

As a Jets fan, I think Greenie was hoping Mort would give a more glowing review of the deal. Instead, it was all about BE's flaws.

Adam_Schefter The 3rd-round pick the Jets gave up to Cleveland could turn into second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this yr

icing on the cake. THAT could be the best thing BE ever did for Cleveland.... make catches for the Jets!!!! :lol:

Edwards wasnt traded inside the division---thats good, we got some picks---thats good, and the Browns are making moves---and thats good.

My only problem is our growing relationship with the Jets...are the Jets the NFL's Sam's club ???? Is this going to be our mangements ONLY trading partner ???? I have never heard of a farm team (or minor-league system) winning or growing over the team they are feeding.

Mangini & Co. are either changing this entire franchise or just destroying whats in place and giving any talent we have to the Jets. Its a little un-nerving.... but then again, we are 0-4 headed to 1-15....so who cares ????

Bermeck (add yet another NFL jersey I cant wear... my utility room (sports jerseys/posters/ect) is filled with Browns-X'ers)

Guest ATENEARS

I'm hearing from a secondhand source that it was reported today that Braylon Edwards was disrupting the huddle on Sunday, as he kept bitching 'get ME the ball, get ME the ball' and nearly prevented Anderson from relaying the play to the rest of the team.

Everyone associated with the Browns will tell you that Edwards was one of the few players not buying into the new coaching staff. He constantly fought the new rules and restrictions. It is always hard to get rid of a player with so much talent but when he becomes a cancer to a team that is trying to rebuild and become respectable then it is time to let go.

You can't fault Mangini for not trading him prior to the season. He was shopped but his value was low. Nobody was offering a #1 pick and the giants were the main suiters offering a #2 and a #5 as we've been told. Mangini may have had hopes that Edwards would turn around and you would think going into the last year of his contract he would put his best foot forward and try to excell on the field.

But as some have said the "ME" guys aren't going to cut it under Mangini. So, it boils down to take less value or try to rein him in. Edwards always talk the talk but has a bit too much T.O. in him.

Who knows what he will become in NY. This is simular to the Plaxco situation in Pittsburgh, he never wanted to buy into the team approach. On the other hand Randy Moss was an ass most of his career until he went to NE where he became a team player and has been a true asset.

I think Rex Ryan thinks he can kick his ass into submission and I wouldn't bet against Ryan.

I say the Browns future is brighter without him because hey are a step closer in their rebuilding. Edwards wasn't a part of the future and was just taking away reps from the young guys that will be a part of tis teams future.

Last week we were told that Robo would suit up and this week they told us that he will see the field which I reported here yesterday. Now that was before the trade or was this trade in the works before the fight even happened. It would be interesting to find out.

This is good IMO. Braylon has done __________ for us this year? NOTHING! He had more drops than catches against Cincy

I hope we get something of value for him, but honestly...whatever we get is of more value than what he brings to the team. He is a distraction, and face it...HE SUCKS! Way to go Mangini. You're getting support over here

Adam_Schefter The 3rd-round pick the Jets gave up to Cleveland could turn into second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this yr

And does it drop to a 4th if he keeps up his current level of play this season?

If so we're f$cked!

The only person happier than Browns fans about this trade is Braylon Edwards. Being in New York feeds his "superstar" image. The one thing he isn't counting on is that if he thought Browns fans and media were harsh, wait until he drops some balls in NY!

Not that it is a bad trade, but did Mangini sign some kind of exclusive "only trade with the Jets" deal?

Guest 88fingerslewy

Maybe the deals we've made with the jets were better than potential deals elsewhere. Could be a coincidence, we don't know; we're not on the phone listening to the deals.

With less than 2 weeks before the trade deadline we had to know something was going to happen. Truthfully, I don't think Mangini and GeorgeKok are done yet.

Archived