THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the departure of Braylon, great message to all.

Braylon may have been the remaining poster-child of the 'me' attitude, slacking work ethic, and overall stupidity that this team needs to shed.

I'm excited to see the younger players play.

Agreed. In NO WAY could he not get rid of this guy and fine someone else $1700 for a bottle of water. I have more respect for Mangini.

Stuckey is a Brown (the jets WR2)! If we can get a core ST and some decent picks on top...I'm happy.

per rotoworld.com

I thought we would get another special teams player and a pad of parking tickets that Mangini left in NY. :lol:

per PFT:

Browns get Stucky, Trusnick, and picks for Edwards

Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2009 8:43 AM ET

Details are emerging regarding the consideration the Browns have received for receiver Braylon Edwards from the Jets.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN and Jay Glazer of FOX, the Browns get linebacker Jason Trusnick and draft picks.

Glazer reports that receiver Chansi Stucky is also part of the deal.

Jason Trusnik | #96 | LB

New York Jets

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasontrusnik/profile?id=TRU694033

Height: 6-4 Weight: 250 Age: 25

Born: 6/6/1984

College: Ohio Northern

Experience: 3rd season

High School: Nordonia HS [Macedonia, OH]

Chansi Stuckey | #83 | WR

New York Jets

http://www.nfl.com/players/chansistuckey/p...le?id=STU151218

Height: 6-0 Weight: 196 Age: 26

Born: 10/4/1983

College: Clemson

Experience: 3rd season

High School: Northside HS [Warner Robbins, GA

More per PFT:

UPDATE: Glazer reports there are two draft picks; Schefter says they're believed to be a third-round pick and a fifth-round pick

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ks-for-edwards/

A 3rd and a 5th draft pick as well as two players seems good to me. Especially since:

1. Braylon is out of here at the end of this year

2. He's in trouble with the NFL

3. He's not producing

4. MoMass is emerging

5. This season looks to be in the tank anyway

6. He's looking more and more like a head case

7. He seemed to not want to be here anyway as he can't get it through his head we in Ohio could care less if he went to Michigan.

Good riddance, I'm sick & tired of his prima donna bs.

Still not sure about Mangini, but I have to give him credit on this move- a struggling team, trying to buy into his "plan," doesn't need the distraction(s) that BE brings.

Yes, BE was great for a few highlight reel plays, but his drop on Sunday in the first quarter brought out all of our negative-fan energy right away, boos were deservedly flying. I doubt BE will ever live up to the expectations of him...if he can't make it here, why would he make it there (NY, NY...sorry Frank Sinatra)?

Good.

Let him drop Sanchez' passes for a few years.

WSS

I was thinking the same thing, there goes Sanchez's chance at rookie of the year ! Good move by Mangini, BE didn't produce last year and looks to be the same story this season. Plus now he can hang out with Plexico in the NY bars after he gets out on good behavior.

One thing for sure. MoMass won't be running wide open without any safety help this week.

Probably the right move with BE. Its just such a shame that we have to suffer through drafting guys top 10 who clearly have talent (BE, KWII) only to see them not be part of the core.

Oh well, onward and upward.

I feel relieved. I would have taken a 3rd and 5th + 2 players in the preseason. With this 0-4 start, his non-production and behavior troubles, good riddance.

However, a change of scenery may do the trick for him, but it just wasn't in the cards here anymore.

Heck loves Stuckey.

He's probably best suited playing the slot, but he should fit in quite well as our #2 receiver.

I've seen some good highlights of him. He played well for Favre last year. (But I think Favre can make any WR look good)

DA is the next one outa here. :P

Damn't Hammer!!!!! lmao!!! :lol: had to make it a qb thread!!!!

Stream the big show on espncleveland.com ..... show regular, Sabrina says she was at the club with BE sunday night. They're supposedly going to talk about it after the break.

He had a great and Monster year in 07. Other than that he has been a headache of drops and poor routes. You always wanted to like him because he made those crazy ctaches...then he drops the sure bet off his hands or chest (while wide open).

Stuckey will fit in nicely in our WR core. He isn't a stud but we're looking to develope MoMass and Robo so Stuckey and Furrey come in with solid hands and decent speed. The big test is how MoMass handles being the #1.

I wonder who gets cut to make room for our new ST ace?

Anyway, I'm definately OK with this trade. We saw a glimpse of a team fighting hard last game (as a team!). That's how management wants to run things...so lets see it. Getting a 3rd and 5th plus players is not too shabby for a guy who planned to walk at seasons end and has really only produced once season...though he had a monster year that year.

More of Mangini's people is good news. Since they are his guys, they shud help fit into the system easier and we should start reaping more positives. I was wrong about the trade, seems we got draft picks too ... so it is a very good deal IMO. I may not be a 100% sold on the coaching but i like the trade and draft moves.

Now we know why they drafted 2 WRs in the 2nd round. I am quite sure the asking price was much higher until this last incident. Maybe a 2nd, 4th and two players.

Anyways, Stucki is the kind of player we love here in Cleveland. Hard worker, fast, and young, plus lots of room for improvement.

They rolled coverage to BE. I am curious how a defense will prepare for us now. Who is the go to guy? Do they roll it over to MoMass? Because DA can find the one on one guy.

I am quite sure the asking price used to be a 1st and 3rd, then a 2nd and 4th, and now that they wanted his ass out of town, it became a 3rd and 5th.

But I must say, we do collect studs on ST's, and the results are very good. I will take it!

Archived