THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Traded to the Jets

BMer916

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where Mangini f'd up was in not moving BE and BQ before the year. But at this point, anything we get for Braylon is a plus because he's gone at the end of the year anyway.

Did anyone see the interview with him last week? He said something about signing a 5-yr contract here but left it abundantly clear that he's outta here after that.

They should've traded them both but would have been lambasted (even more) for trading them. Now, 4 games in, the trade value for each is abysmal and hindsight shows Kokonuts and Mangini should've traded them for the best value BEFORE the season.

I'd bet Clowney is in the deal somehow.

per Schefter Tweet (teet?):

Deal for Braylon Edwards includes Jason Trusnik, the Jets core special teams player and picks - and maybe a WR. Trying to piece together.

Is Mangini shitting us?

Without much thought..... too early anyway... yes that's the excuse I'm going with....

My gut reaction.......

Good.

1) Report has been filed, pictures taken, think there were witnesses(? feel free to deny or confirm). Sounds to me like there is enough to at least move forward with criminal charges. Again, speculation on my part, admitted.

2) NFL is doing their own investigation. Even if he doesn't face criminal charges, he probably broke some NFL rule and you know Goodell isn't going to let that slide. If it shakes out to be true, he did hit the guy, he will face a multiple game suspension.

3) He's not sticking around after this season anyway. I think Mangini would have been happy to keep him and that's why he wasn't traded earlier. He's one of the few guys with talent on this team! When he decides to use it. but this, this put it over the top. Mangini had an out and he took it. He got something for what would have been nothing in the offseason. Plus he woudln't be on the field for several games this year anyway.

I could be wrong, but without any concrete info, this is my initial reaction.

Just hope we got a little something for him but not holding my breath.

While I do appreciate the trade, a part of me cant help thinking that we deserve more for that trade. This WR dude is short and is 7th round !

Chansi Stuckey

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Combine

* 4.56 40 Yard Dash, 4.49 (Pro Day)

* 35 Inch Vertical

* 6.91 Three-Cone Drill

* 4.14 Short Shuttle

* 10-foot-0 Broad Jump

[edit] NFL career

Stuckey was drafted in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL draft by the New York Jets. After a promising preseason performance with 11 receptions, he sat out the entire 2007 regular season due to a broken foot.

He started at the wide receiver position for the Jets in 2008. In each of the Jets' first three games, he caught touchdown passes from quarterback Brett Favre.

Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) Weight: 196 lb (89 kg)

He's not sticking around after this season anyway. I think Mangini would have been happy to keep him and that's why he wasn't traded earlier

True. He was gone after this year anyways. Hind sight is 20-20 though. You can't blame Mangini for this or not trading BQ. He thought we were at least going to compete.

greggrosenthal: Surprised Browns something substantial back for a year or two of Edwards. Stuckey helps WR group, Trusnick good special teamer.

per Schefter Tweet (teet?):

Deal for Braylon Edwards includes Jason Trusnik, the Jets core special teams player and picks - and maybe a WR. Trying to piece together.

Is Mangini shitting us?

(just because I hate clicking links...)

Source: Edwards headed to JetsComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 7, 2009, 8:39 AM ET

The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets on Wednesday morning, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Jets agreed to send key special teams player Jason Trusnik and draft picks to Cleveland, Schefter reported. Terms of the deal were still being finalized early Wednesday.

In Edwards, the Jets obtained a receiver that gives quarterback Mark Sanchez a legitimate deep threat -- and a player facing an NFL investigation for off-the-field trouble.

The league is probing whether Edwards violated the league's conduct policy following accusations he assaulted a friend of NBA star LeBron James outside a Cleveland nightclub on Monday night.

Edwards has been involved in other off-field incidents, a factor commissioner Roger Goodell considers when handing out any discipline.

In March, Edwards was partying with suspended wide receiver Donte' Stallworth in Miami the night Stallworth later drove drunk and killed a pedestrian. Edwards was not with Stallworth at the time of the accident.

Last November, Edwards was fined $150 and given 30 hours of community service after he was found guilty of driving 120 mph.

Edwards, a fifth-year pro from Michigan, has caught 10 passes for 139 yards this season for the winless Browns. For his career he has 238 catches for 3,697 yards and 28 touchdowns, but faced criticism in Cleveland last season for the number of passes he dropped.

WOW.

GREAT news. This is more than fine with me. Tear it all down, baby.

ANY value for BE is better than what he was doing (or not doing, as the case actually was).

Just let the young guys play. If it can't be Quinn, then so much the better that it be DA throwing to MoMass and Robo plus whoever else we get back. Get 'em all out there, baby!

LOVE IT! Just made my day!

Guest ATENEARS

I like the departure of Braylon, great message to all.

Braylon may have been the remaining poster-child of the 'me' attitude, slacking work ethic, and overall stupidity that this team needs to shed.

I'm excited to see the younger players play.

Archived