THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is it so hard to believe that Quinn could be a bust?

.mz

Why is it so hard to believe that Quinn could be a bust? Plenty of guys he was drafted near are all ready pretty much busty.

There were only seven players picked between BQ and Craig "Buster" Davis, who the Chargers have seemingly given up on. Robert Meachem (five picks after Quinn) isn't exactly seeing 1st-team snaps/balls in NO. Alan Branch (11 after BQ) isn't in the Cards' plans as far as I know. John Beck and Drew Stanton, taken 18 and 21 picks after BQ respectively, aren't in ANYONE'S future plans.

Late first round QB draft picks have a piss poor track record (save for Aaron Rodgers). BQ, Losman, Grossman...all busts, all recent late first-round picks. Also, he was picked like 10 picks before the second round. And the second round is where quarterbacks are drafted to die. The list of round 2 busts is so long Stan would need additional server space to house said list.

Draft picks bust, especially QBs in that region of the draft. Shit happens. I'm ready to move on.

You may ask why some guys (the shitty JaMarcus Russell) get a longer leash? because the difference between 1 and 22 might as well be a thousand.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt in believing that Quinn could be a bust.

I just dont believe we know if he is or isnt yet. Drew Brees and Eli Manning werent busts, but everyone thought they were after 6 NFL games.

I dont think you play a first round draft pick for 6 games then bench him.... sorry, doesnt work like that. Gotta give him 2-3 seasons starting to see his progress and develpment

It's not hard to believe Quinn's a bust, it's impossible to know he is without actually seeing him in enough games to let him get a chance to figure things out.

QB's bust all the time but BQ is either the worst QB to ever play the position after 6 games or he hasn't been given enough games to accurately judge.

I'm betting it's the latter. And, hopefully, some other team will bet on that too or we've really screwed this whole thing up royally. AGAIN.

Quinn could be a bust..however the team is short selling itself and us fans by not allowing him to play enough to find out.. I would hate to trade or cut him only to find out he is going to be Awsome..while we tromp in the pig stye with DA the "thow into double and triple coverage king" but he could be a bust..

The question is.... will that fact be known in Cleveland where it SHOULD be found out.. or somewhere else?

It's not hard to believe Quinn's a bust, it's impossible to know he is without actually seeing him in enough games to let him get a chance to figure things out.

QB's bust all the time but BQ is either the worst QB to ever play the position after 6 games or he hasn't been given enough games to accurately judge.

I'm betting it's the latter. And, hopefully, some other team will bet on that too or we've really screwed this whole thing up royally. AGAIN.

I don't think he should have ever been pulled. Mangini could have done it so much differently.

Guest ATENEARS

I think so little of Brady Quinn, and Brady Quinn has done so little to gain the attention of the franchise that I refuse to even talk about him again.

I'm not so certain that Ratliff ain't the back-up in the event that Anderson goes down.

fork.jpg

Sure . but 17 starts longer? Russel has PROVEN beyaond a shadow of doubt he's not a QB in this league. he's played 23 games, 20 of them starts. with 16 TOTAL TD's in his career.

He's wrapped the leash around the tree, around the porch, and is stuck under the lamp panting and can't reach his water.

Agree totally. JaMarcus is a total train wreck.

And he got 20 starts.

Noway 5 1/2 games is enough to see what Quinn is capable of

But ,he has had 2 1/2 training camps with 2 different coaching staffs

and no one has seen the "IT" ,the glimpse of greatness to come

that they obvoiusly saw from Manning & Breeze.

Hell ,maybe new town,new team ,new offense, Quinn gets it all together

Don't Care,time to move on ,Pick wasted

As much as we have seen of DA its hard to tell yet if he can learn or is a bust...and as little that we have seen of BQ its impossible to tell...it is possible bq could be a bust and it is possible DA could never learn and be a pro bowler thats a bust overall...

As an avid nfl fan and a bq fan i can say from what i have seen of bq in his 10 quarters was unimpressive and that theres a real probability that he may be just an average nfl qb but there is no way to tell without sticking with him for at least 6 to 8 games...

DA has started 2 seasons worth of games but seems to have improved little until sundays game...would bq be better for the longrun?

I dont know...but if DA keeps playing well and loses the tunnelvision and making bad decisions he will be our guy and BQ will be traded for better or worse..im a DA fag too..i like them both but DA is looking better at the moment...;)

As much as we have seen of DA its hard to tell yet if he can learn or is a bust...and as little that we have seen of BQ its impossible to tell...it is possible bq could be a bust and it is possible DA could never learn and be a pro bowler thats a bust overall...

As an avid nfl fan and a bq fan i can say from what i have seen of bq in his 10 quarters was unimpressive and that theres a real probability that he may be just an average nfl qb but there is no way to tell without sticking with him for at least 6 to 8 games...

DA has started 2 seasons worth of games but seems to have improved little until sundays game...would bq be better for the longrun?

I dont know...but if DA keeps playing well and loses the tunnelvision and making bad decisions he will be our guy and BQ will be traded for better or worse..im a DA fag too..i like them both but DA is looking better at the moment...;)

Uh, how did DA "improve" yesterday? Looked like good ole DA to me.

Guest Masters
He found a WR in Massaquoi that can actually hang on to his 5 yard rocket shots

Just like with Winslow and Edwards, he'll grow tired of the hits and develope gattor arms :D

Quinn's still brand new. He has more upside than DA. DA is who yinz thought he was. Who knows what BQ will turn out to be.

I know one thing for sure, if this kid gets too screwed up - forget it. He'll go the Tim Couch route.

The entire stains roster has problems. If Mangina has any coaching sense, he'll recognize undeveloped potential in BQ. I'm just not sure Mangina has that sense.

Yinz are 0-4. Quarter way through the season. Think it's turn-aroundable? Probably not and playing DA at this point is a panic move. Just like when Mangina brought Brett into NJ - panic move, an attempt to save his own ass.

Regards

.... an'at

Guest Masters
Quinn's still brand new. He has more upside than DA. DA is who yinz thought he was. Who knows what BQ will turn out to be.

I know one thing for sure, if this kid gets too screwed up - forget it. He'll go the Tim Couch route.

The entire stains roster has problems. If Mangina has any coaching sense, he'll recognize undeveloped potential in BQ. I'm just not sure Mangina has that sense.

Yinz are 0-4. Quarter way through the season. Think it's turn-aroundable? Probably not and playing DA at this point is a panic move. Just like when Mangina brought Brett into NJ - panic move, an attempt to save his own ass.

One flaw there. The owner and GM brought Favre to the NYJ, not Mangini. Mangini just hung w/ him too long when he knew Brett was hurt.

One flaw there. The owner and GM brought Favre to the NYJ, not Mangini. Mangini just hung w/ him too long when he knew Brett was hurt.

Oh there is more than one flaw there. You forgot to go after the idea that Quinn has undeveloped potential. Quinn has peaked. I've seen the same flaws in his game from his rookie year as I do now. The kid just can't play at this level. Lerner wanted his boy in there and he got em. He sold a million tickets and let Mangini pull the plug. Playing DA was not a panic move it was the original plan. ANY unbias fan who watched preseason and training camp could see beyond a shadow of a doubt that DA was outperforming Quinn. There simply is no way Mangini could have missed it. It was clear and he is a lot smarter than us. BQ is the future for nobody's team. He, like Frye, is a career backup. In my opinion.

Guest Masters
. Quinn has peaked. I've seen the same flaws in his game from his rookie year as I do now.

Please tell me you didn't just say that, yet will pump up DA?

Dude, DA has the same flaws since his sophmore year in college. The same flaws since he started his first game in 2006.

I won't even touch the Lerner conspiracy garbage. Because if there is any truth to that, this team is just as screwed and Managini is an automatic failure, because any coach that goes along w/ that crap has no business being and NFL coach. You don't succeed by sabotaging yourself.

Whether he's a bust or not his days are numbered as a browns guy.

What he is,he is the most mismanaged player i can remember. He's a question mark in many people eye's. Who really knows and at this juncture(0-4), and who cares?

Would i like to see a feel good story develop with Quinn? Sure, but the groundwork has been laid to build a team first and finish it off with another QB in a later draft.

I don't see us drafting a QB next year unless our current squad materializes into something worth building around.

Guest Masters
I don't see us drafting a QB next year unless our current squad materializes into something worth building around.

And if that means CLE is going into next year w/ DA at the helm, I see CLE getting a new HC in 2011.

Guest ATENEARS
He'd actually have to get open first.

You know assume that how?

I know better. I know that in week #1 the kid ran hard, ran hard with no looks and a late throw his way in garbage time. I pointed it out here.

Cribbs has been replaced by MoMass because of Massaquoi emergence and development. When you are getting your ass handed to you, down by several scores and you still can't find kids like Massaquoi or put the ball into the hands of one of your best play makers (Cribbs), you find yourself on the bench. Both ran good routes and ran them hard in week #1 ... they didn't just fall out of the sky in week #4.

The coaches saw that too.

Guest Masters
The coaches saw that too.

You mean that Cribbs can't get seperation and open, yeah, the coaches obviously saw that. Notice Cribbs had little involvement this week as a WR. That must be a coincindence.... All MoMass had to do is lace up his shoes and step between the lines in order to progress as better than Cribbs at WR. You do realize Cribbs went from #2 WR on the depth chart to #4.

You don't need more than an educated guess (or to watch the games) to figure this one out.

And it's you that knows assumes that all that running around you pointed out was anything close to what he was supposed to be doing out there. Moving from 2 to 4 tells me all that running around was not even close to where he was supposed to be.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Noway 5 1/2 games is enough to see what Quinn is capable of

But ,he has had 2 1/2 training camps with 2 different coaching staffs

and no one has seen the "IT" ,the glimpse of greatness to come

that they obvoiusly saw from Manning & Breeze.

Hell ,maybe new town,new team ,new offense, Quinn gets it all together

Don't Care,time to move on ,Pick wasted

Great point. We see the EXACT dilemna training air traffic controllers. I've trained dozens over the past 20 yrs. (Even trained Billy Bob Thornton for Pushing Tin) We refer to it as the "Light" going on. The problem with this "Light" is that there's no way to assess if someone's LIGHT comes on unless they have the opportunity to be tested under fire. Can they make the STEP to the next level. Whether it's the FAA in the USA or our own system in Canada, they've been trying to figure out how to get the LIGHT on for trainees for years. Can you duplicate all the skills you possess under stress.I'm not pro or anti anyone. The idea of making such a final decision given such a small body of work isn't wise.

Guest ATENEARS
You mean that Cribbs can't get seperation and open, yeah, the coaches obviously saw that. Notice Cribbs had little involvement this week as a WR. That must be a coincindence.... All MoMass had to do is lace up his shoes and step between the lines in order to progress as better than Cribbs at WR. You do realize Cribbs went from #2 WR on the depth chart to #4.

You don't need more than an educated guess (or to watch the games) to figure this one out.

And it's you that knows assumes that all that running around you pointed out was anything close to what he was supposed to be doing out there. Moving from 2 to 4 tells me all that running around was not even close to where he was supposed to be.

Actually I don't know why I'm wasting my time as you Quinn guys already have your minds made up to view everything about this team negative since your boy doesn't fit into the plans, however I think as much went into removing Cribbs at WR because he was getting spent running phantom routes and wearing himself down as a very teeny part of the offense, as much so as he did because he wasn't running the right patterns.

They still want him involved in the offense, just don't want to waste him as a WR.

As far as my sight of the games and knowing if he was running the right patterns or not ... I posted after game one that he was finding seams and running in the clear. Did you post somewhere back then that he was blanketed, and that when Quinn looked his way he wasn't where he was supposed to be? naaa ... your curbing your view and stance to fit your argument.

In fact, if you think back to times Quinn threw his way, Quinn was setting Cribbs up to get racked by the safety, not that the CB who was covering him had him covered.

Guest Masters
Actually I don't know why I'm wasting my time as you Quinn guys already have your minds made up to view everything about this team negative since your boy doesn't fit into the plans, however I think as much went into removing Cribbs at WR because he was getting spent running phantom routes and wearing himself down as a very teeny part of the offense, as much so as he did because he wasn't running the right patterns.

They still want him involved in the offense, just don't want to waste him as a WR.

As far as my sight of the games and knowing if he was running the right patterns or not ... I posted after game one that he was finding seams and running in the clear. Did you post somewhere back then that he was blanketed, and that when Quinn looked his way he wasn't where he was supposed to be? naaa ... your curbing your view and stance to fit your argument.

In fact, if you think back to times Quinn threw his way, Quinn was setting Cribbs up to get racked by the safety, not that the CB who was covering him had him covered.

You Quinn guys... :rolleyes: I am talking about Josh Cribbs (and my whole original comment was in jest, hense the big ass smiley face next to it).

You don't want your #2 WR to be a teeny part of your offense. Cribbs inablity to play WR was the reason for that, not ST.

He was covered on most plays. And he wasn't where I'd think he should be in the seem of a zone. I am not curbing anything. But you are trying to throw it into being about Quinn to fit your argument, which is that you only have your straw man, as usual.

But if you want to make it about DA/BQ, then what you are telling me is DA getting guys leveled is okay, Quinn doing it is not.

Archived