THE BROWNS BOARD

From an 'At the Game' Perspective

Guest ATENEARS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masters
I think Quinn was actually 6 for 30 and then Anderson was 3 of 8 in the 2nd half at BAL.

So 3-8 against BALT and 6-19 against Cincy. Maybe someday we'll see odds on third down as good as betting black at roulette <_<

Guest ATENEARS
So 3-8 against BALT and 6-19 against Cincy. Maybe someday we'll see odds on third down as good as betting black at roulette <_<

Don't forget, you can get a first down on downs other than third down, in fact we had 22 First downs yesterday, 14 via passing, 8 rushing, and none by way of penalty.

Guest Masters
Don't forget, you can get a first down on downs other than third down, in fact we had 22 First downs yesterday, 14 via passing, 8 rushing, and none by way of penalty.

Which would 5 more than CLE had against MIN (4 more passing this week). So forgive me if my excitement level isn't what yours is about what I saw yesterday.

Last I checked, it was right here on this board.

Than why should we have continued to play him? Wasn't he supposed to have been different? A chain mover? Smarter? Able to throw downfield?

Look most of us are pretty smart and honest. Did Brady look like a guy here all hours of the night studying to get better? Did the results tell you this guy has something?

I have no problem giving him another shot - this season even. But what a letdown this kid was. So bad the coach had to pull him.

Which would 5 more than CLE had against MIN (4 more passing this week). So forgive me if my excitement level isn't what yours is about what I saw yesterday.

But that's what we expected from Quinn - move the chains. And how many of those 1st downs came in garbage time at Min? 6-7?

Guest Masters
Than why should we have continued to play him? Wasn't he supposed to have been different? A chain mover? Smarter? Able to throw downfield?

Look most of us are pretty smart and honest. Did Brady look like a guy here all hours of the night studying to get better? Did the results tell you this guy has something?

I have no problem giving him another shot - this season even. But what a letdown this kid was. So bad the coach had to pull him.

Hey, I was just saying there was outrage on here, contrary to what you implied.

Brady certainly didn't deliver in the first 3 games, no question. Though it would have been nice to see him get a chance with an actual WR at the #2 like we had this week (no, I am not saying that is why Quinn struggled).

Guest Masters
But that's what we expected from Quinn - move the chains. And how many of those 1st downs came in garbage time at Min? 6-7?

Only a hand full and MIN was not playing their backups, they simply went into more of a prevent D.

Look, I am not saying Quinn played better, would have done equal or better this past week, or anything like that. But lets not make this weeks game more than it really was.

Anderson really struggled after the FG that put them up 17-14. He blew the Cribbs return field position and was ineffective in the overtime throwing behind people again.

I mean, Anderson was ok, for what it was, but I expect my backup to be able to do that. I want my starter to be able to do more.

I think it is time for the Andersonites and Quinnbots to both admit the each side is right about both QB's and move on to the future starter of the Cleveland Browns. He is not on this team at this time.

Guest ATENEARS
Hey, I was just saying there was outrage on here, contrary to what you implied.

Brady certainly didn't deliver in the first 3 games, no question. Though it would have been nice to see him get a chance with an actual WR at the #2 like we had this week (no, I am not saying that is why Quinn struggled).

Same could actually be said in defense of Cribbs WR debut ... if he only had a QB that didn't only throw to the leftside almost the entire first game, then short dump-offs there after.

Guest Masters
Same could actually be said in defense of Cribbs WR debut ... if he only had a QB that didn't only throw to the leftside almost the entire first game, then short dump-offs there after.

Except that they decided to remove Cribbs from WR and barely used him at WR this past week. I am pretty sure game film showed what the TV view showed, which was Cribbs can get zero seperation as a WR.

Oh, and your only throw to the left side of the field for the first game is inaccurate if you go by charting of where throws went.

Only a hand full and MIN was not playing their backups, they simply went into more of a prevent D.

Vs MIN the Browns had 5 first downs after Adrian Peterson scored to make it 34-13 with 6 mins left. All 5 were through the air.

Prior to that the O had put up only 5 other 1st downs through the air.

For comparison, there were 14 1st downs through the air yesterday.

Guest Masters
Vs MIN the Browns had 5 first downs after Adrian Peterson scored to make it 34-13 with 6 mins left. All 5 were through the air.

Prior to that the O had put up only 5 other 1st downs through the air.

For comparison, there were 14 1st downs through the air yesterday.

Thank you for restaitng what I have already said :rolleyes:

Lum, if you're looking for me to say Anderson wasn't better yesterday than Quinn was against Minnesota... you're gonna be waiting a while.

Here's what I'm waiting for:

An NFL coach that actually gives half a shit what a QBs "Passer Rating" is.

And another "Jimmy Clausen 4 Heisman; Weis says he's da man!" thread from you.

Veg, Quinn was bad. I feel like you're really proud of yourself for deciding the sky is up.

Wait, what? Well I guess we can add your name to the list of people needing to douche the sand out over Quinn. This is what happens when people don't understand the NFL and start talking 8-8, 9-7.

Understand your point, but most TRUE Steelers fans I know want the Browns to get better so we can have a rivalry again. As is, it's dead.

Fair enough. Honestly, we want the same thing. We have been reduced to hoping somebody else beats the Steelers each week instead of hoping we do.

Completly off line of what previous post have said, but I was at the game my perspective is that I had a great time. Its the first game in a long time that was actually exciting to watch, fun to be at. You could the excitment on the field and in the stands.

Stan's in love with DA.

I was at the game too.

DA missed some passes and only if the QB was your brother would you say he was money all day. He wasn't.

I hate posting this because the general review I would give DA yesterday was very positive. He threw a ton of really great passes. However, the INT was his fault. You don't make a mistake with the football like that in the red zone. DA did. One other pass in particular stood out: a missed ball to Furrey on a crossing pattern (either late 4th or in OT, can't remember) that was well behind him. No pressure, just a miss. The problem is that if he'd hit Furrey in stride it would have gone for six. The safety helping blew his angle and Furrey had no one in front of him.

Again, overall a nice display of QB'ing. But Stan's coming off as a DA homer which is comical considering how much he hates QB's and even more how much he hates BQ homers.

Stan's in love with DA.

I was at the game too.

DA missed some passes and only if the QB was your brother would you say he was money all day. He wasn't.

I hate posting this because the general review I would give DA yesterday was very positive. He threw a ton of really great passes. However, the INT was his fault. You don't make a mistake with the football like that in the red zone. DA did. One other pass in particular stood out: a missed ball to Furrey on a crossing pattern (either late 4th or in OT, can't remember) that was well behind him. No pressure, just a miss. The problem is that if he'd hit Furrey in stride it would have gone for six. The safety helping blew his angle and Furrey had no one in front of him.

Again, overall a nice display of QB'ing. But Stan's coming off as a DA homer which is comical considering how much he hates QB's and even more how much he hates BQ homers.

I agree, the pass to Furry was behind him...the pick wasn't what i would call "his fault"....It was a low throw and a great play by the DB...I would just call it a good play by a professional defender...So...somewhere between what you said and what i said is the reality...sure...he could have just sailed it OB....but, Anderson doesn't do that, so when you finally get your head around the fact he is going to do that just as Favre did that and does that....and that isn't saying we have Favre under center...you just take it for what it is...slingers are going to get picked and their completion % is going to be a bit lower....just the way it is Gray...

One the other hand, a few really nice throws were dropped...again....probably something we are going to see with a guy who zips it.

If you are expecting perfection out of your QB, you are going to be a very disappointed football fan for the large part of your life.

Guest Masters

The only thing Favre and Anderson have in common is that they both have cannon arms. The comparison starts and end there. For all of Brett's "wildness", his lowest career comp% for a season is 56, and that just happened a couple of years ago.

The only thing Favre and Anderson have in common is that they both have cannon arms. The comparison starts and end there. For all of Brett's "wildness", his lowest career comp% for a season is 56, and that just happened a couple of years ago.

Thanks for reiterating what I said even though I somehow think you think I am comparing the two.

Guest Masters
Thanks for reiterating what I said even though I somehow think you think I am comparing the two.

Didn't. But don't think they even belong in the same discussion of gunslinger. Let alone the notion that a gunslinger is going to have a lower comp%, seeing as how Favre has not for his career.

This was also the second place I saw Favre and DA in the same converstaion. So it's where I decided to post it. If I was talking directly to you thinking you were comparing the two, I'd have quoted you.

No problems Masters...it looked like you were replying to me and I think most would have read it that way as well, so don't be coy.

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Bottom line is I saw improvement in the team...and after what we have seen the previous 3 weeks, that is all I expect at this point.

Guest Masters
No problems Masters...it looked like you were replying to me and I think most would have read it that way as well, so don't be coy.

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Well sorry it looked like that to you, but isn't the case and I am not being coy.

Figured you weren't born last night. But a wasted cliche` in this scenario. Unless you choose to make what wasn't into what you thought it was.

So DA Looked good in person.. I saw a chick who looked good in person, but the fact is she was still a disease infested hooker. ( I did not find out the hard way haha that's not me).. Yeah DA may look good..but your always in for that letdown the next day when realize you lost the game again.. I am not sure how 54% completion can look good...but I don't know if you drink or not.

Well sorry it looked like that to you, but isn't the case and I am not being coy.

Figured you weren't born last night. But a wasted cliche` in this scenario. Unless you choose to make what wasn't into what you thought it was.

Good enough

What's the point here?

Is it that Anderson is -- right now, today -- better than Quinn? Of course he is. He's played almost SIX TIMES more games than Quinn. He damn well better be better than Quinn.

The real issue is that in going on 34 starts, Anderson IS THE EXACT SAME GUY.

If you like that guy, great. Glad he looked good to you on Sunday.

What was the end result again?

What's the point here?

Is it that Anderson is -- right now, today -- better than Quinn? Of course he is. He's played almost SIX TIMES more games than Quinn. He damn well better be better than Quinn.

The real issue is that in going on 30 starts, Anderson IS THE EXACT SAME GUY.

If you like that guy, great. Glad he looked good to you on Sunday.

What was the end result again?

A loss no doubt....is there a point??

Archived