THE BROWNS BOARD

The "I am guilty" thread...

DA BURGH

Before the season I thought the Browns would go 2-1 at Bal, at Cincy, and at home vs Bal and was optimistically looking for 9 to 11 wins this year. They went 1-2 instead which made it an uphill climb to playoff contention with a focus on getting to nine wins. That plan was derailed however when the fans prompted the owner to switch QBs resulting in the final nail in the coffin with the home loss to defenseless Denver.

I had two concerns after the '07 season.

1. We had one of the lowest IR's in the NFL. Tough to repeat that.

2. '07 was a weak sister schedule. This year we had a bunch of prime time games against prime time opponents.

I am guilty of thinking our D would be better. I bit on Phil's D-line moves hook-line-and-sinker.

Having these concerns, I still thought 9-7 was reasonable. Instead, 7-9 looks far more likely.

I could have bet the farm that DA wouldn't work out. Not working out = some losses. It just never made sense that a QB cast off the QB-poor Ravens scrap pile would be a playoff level QB. He actually did better than I thought. I thought his INT:TD ratio would be 2:1 by now.

This sucks. I thought Cincy and the stinkin filthy ratbirds would duke it out for 3rd and 4th in the div...

and the Browns would edge out the Steelers by winning the division.

Then, reality sets in with DA not having the skills or intangibles to command an offense.

And the mistakes. And Tucker's injury, and wasn't Steinbach out for the Denver game?

And again, I seriously wonder if the DC is getting his defense so confusing by constantly making changes that

the guys can't keep everything straight. That is what it looks like to me.

I thought we would contend as well.

I gave DA the benefit of the doubt and had nothing but optimism for him, we saw how that worked out.

I agree with Recon that I thought we benefited from a weak schedule last year as well. I still think a lot of the problems with this season was keeping DA in when it was obvious he wasn't going to get it done and the coaches. RAC, in my mind, is terrible. He just doesn't have any fire to him and I think that really hurts this team.

In my opinion, we have the talent here to compete, we just need a coach.

I am guilty too!!! I thought this team was way over hyped going into this season based on an Ohio State type schedule last year ( can you say cream puff) I knew that DA sucked AND that you win with Defense ..This team has no Defense ..I thought this group would go 7-9 .. It looks like 5 wins will be GOOD for this sorry group of underacheivers . It is like this EVERY DAMN YEAR icon_evil.gif

Before the season I thought the Browns would go 2-1 at Bal, at Cincy, and at home vs Bal and was optimistically looking for 9 to 11 wins this year. They went 1-2 instead which made it an uphill climb to playoff contention with a focus on getting to nine wins. That plan was derailed however when the fans prompted the owner to switch QBs resulting in the final nail in the coffin with the home loss to defenseless Denver.

Ya it wasnt that it was over when we was 3-5 with DA undercenter. The year wasnt over until BQ lost to Denver that our season was truley over. Now thats some funny shit Lum. You have a talent Ill tell you that. icon_lol.gif

Archived