THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal Lewis is calling guys out

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Saw this tidbit. I can only imagine he is calling out guys on the D (back to my gripe about guys trying to lay hits instead of tackling).

“This is as frustrated as I’ve been in as many years as I’ve been playing,” the nine-year veteran said. “I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. I’m just not cut from this kind of cloth. I play physical football. I come out here and give it my all—all week. This is the NFL. You can’t call it quits until the game is over. But it looks to me like some people call it quits before that. Denver was down, but they didn’t call it quits. They kept their heads up and they finished.

“We didn’t do that two weeks in a row—at home.”

Then, without naming names, Lewis called out some teammates.

“Some people need to check their egos at the door and find some heart to come out here and play hard,” he said. “This is a man’s game. The way we went out there and played two weeks in a row, finishing the same kind of way, it’s just not there. I think there’s some men right here who need to check themselves.”

Guest Masters

After watching last nights game, at a minimum he should be sharing the carries with Harrison. Jamal can still get you some good runs. Basically him and Harrison could compliment each other and give CLE there own version of a "thunder and lighting".

I would think Rodgers would step up and set the emotional tone of the game.

He's been Allpro, hasn't he?

I wish I knew what happened to the defense. Why didn't they play with the Giants game intensity last night?

What the freakin is going on? McDonald can NOT be that bad a cb, he's been great other times.

What was with the slipping and falling down?

A lack of intensity from the coaches?

crap.

Guest Masters

Don't think you'll get Rogers to be that leader. Hasn't been the type of guy he is.

BMac, don't know what is up with him. Maybe he is one of those guys Lewis is talking about. He shows flashes, then has games like the last two. He's young and a lower pick, so maybe he just isn't ready for the roll he is in now.

I am more and more going back to the coaches on the D's failures.

I like Jamal's comments, and somehow I know he's talking specifically about the 12/13 faggots that play on the defense. The ones that would rather be at home cuddled up in a blanket watching Everybody Loves Raymond than actually playing their asses off for their die-hard loyal fans. It's not about talent with that defense. There's plenty of talent there. It's heart. It's a bunch of guys who have no heart and don't care if they lose. And, once again, that's a result of the head coach.

The Browns are headed toward "blow it up" stage. The fans succeeded in cramming a new QB down the team's throat, which we all know from as far back as March that meant the franchise was giving up on the season. The players knew it too. The fact that the change wasn't even made by the team's head coach, and resulted in a loss in a very winnable game, will tear the locker room to bits.

and resulted in a loss in a very winnable game

You should have your name next to the phrase "pot calling the kettle black," because your very hypocritical about this QB move. Not that Brady was the reason we lost - he wasn't - but we've experienced these kinds of games from DA last year and the first 8 games this year. See OAK, ARI, CIN, PIT in 2007, and PIT, BAL, WAS and BAL this season.

I think the coaches were sick and tired of losing ball games because of the QB position. If DA could have orchestrated an offense in 2 of these games he'd still have his job. His problem is he lives and dies by the long ball, so if you get the slightest pressure he folds like a deck of cards because he cannot utilize his checkdowns. He does not know how to execute those kinds of plays, and it cost him his job.

So don't come here a talk about losing winnable games, Lumnuts. DA has done it to us two years in a row. DA was the king of losing winnable games and hurting the team. We don't know what we can expect from Quinn yet, but right now we know this - he'll have around 24 reg season games from now until the end of 2009 to show us what he's got, the same time DA received.

Your boy had his chance and blew it. Now you're showing how classless you are under adversity. I have a feeling all of your posts from now on will be negative and similar to what you have shown here the last week. If you are going to be staying here I don't think you're long for this board if you keep that up.

The Browns are headed toward "blow it up" stage. The fans succeeded in cramming a new QB down the team's throat, which we all know from as far back as March that meant the franchise was giving up on the season. The players knew it too. The fact that the change wasn't even made by the team's head coach, and resulted in a loss in a very winnable game, will tear the locker room to bits. - Loverboy

Let it go Lums. DA isn't a starting QB in this league and hasn't been since the beginning of December of 2007. It just took our RAC & Co. alot longer to GET that.

Your boy Savage DRAFTED Quinn in round 1 most likely because he saw 4, count them 4 unsinspiring INTs as DA was headed for 0-3 as starting QB in 2006. We didn't trade back up into round 1 to go after Quinn because Cahrlie and Dumb Ass had us all set.

DA should be the face of the Detroit Lions because they've always liked dumb QBs that throw alot of INTs, whether it's Scott Mitchell or Jon Kitna. Now they have kid who didn't know if he ran out of the back of the end zone with the ball that the play was over and the opponent got 2 points for it - he STILL tried to pass the ball. That's a match made in Heaven for your Brokeback Quarterback. DA broke our backs 1 too many times. GREAT kid though. He's got a GREAT attitude and it's never been his fault he's not good enough.

This teams needs leadership by EXAMPLE not Diva's calling everyone else out. Jamal looked like the AARP poster boy after the first quarter pussyfooting out there so I'm not sure why he's calling everyone else out. He's another guy with a pay raise that hasn't done shit since. He's too feast or famine for me lately while Harrison averaged 11 yards a carry or so it seemed. In an era of free agency, there's something about guys setting out to PROVE themselves vrs the guys coming off pay raises or steller seasons. Rogers was reading how wonderful he was all the way up to Thursday and I think it was the first time he lacked the giddyup he brought in previous games. It impacted everything we did front 7 wise IMO. He was the ONLY 2008 offseason free agent impressing me.

After we gave the following players pay raises they either got injured or they suckd:

Orpheus Roye, Leigh Bodden, Andra Davis, Denise Northcutt, Jamal Lewis, Ryan "AWOL" Tucker. If we REALLY had to add up the expensive free agents from this last off season that are helping us we can ONLY count Shaun Rogers unless somebody wants to prove me wrong about Corey Williams, Candyass Stallworth. All our opponents have to do to nullify Rogers is go no huddle and throw the ball like we just witnessed and he's reduced to overworking our oxygen machines for half the time we're playing defense.

Last note: I KNOW it's really popular and bandwagon level to call out Winslow right about now BUT for MOST of that game he was the ONLY vertical playmaker I saw. YES, he had a fumble fighting for yards BUT I used the word fighting instead of tiptoing like Jamal was. And that play downfield where he got called for the offensive INT - watch the replay and if Antonio Gates or Dallas Clark does the same thing - they don't DARE throw that flag. You know it, I know it and anyone with a heart beat knows that. That was actually a clearout route so the Safety to that side bites on leaves Edwards one of one on the outside, where all KW did was run straight ahead. I NOTICE the refs don't call holding when guys grab Winslow but as soon as he counters with running through a guy obstructing his route - he gets nailed. This is just my observation, Winslow has lost MORE than 1 step over the 3 or 4 knee surgeries so he's NO LONGER that kid we saw in the National Championship Game giving OSU fits matching up. He's got GREAT hands usually in traffic and he FIGHTS for yardage and the ball every play. Yes, he dropped a nice at the worst time, fumbled and had the penalty; BUT if we had the REST of the team FIGHTING that hard all night - we win. Character wins games not who you got on paper. That's our problem.

- Tom F. (After RAC and Savage pissed away our season hanging with DA too long - I'm at least more interested in our offense than the commercials these days)

Lewis was right , and as usual Lumberghs spin on things is laughable, I wonder if you actually believe the stupid things that you post.

FYI, the fact that BQ led the Browns to the 5th most points Broncos have allowed this season and managed to lose only the second Browns game of the year WITH Stallworth playing doesn't make Quinn any more than just an 0-1 QB in this league who blew it in crunch time against a terrible defense. And there's no amount of false praise that can change it.

Guest Masters
Lewis was right , and as usual Lumberghs spin on things is laughable, I wonder if you actually believe the stupid things that you post.

FYI, the fact that BQ led the Browns to the 5th most points Broncos have allowed this season and managed to lose only the second Browns game of the year WITH Stallworth playing doesn't make Quinn any more than just an 0-1 QB in this league who blew it in crunch time against a terrible defense. And there's no amount of false praise that can change it.

Quinn blew it in crunch time icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Dude, your confusing him with DA last week against BALT.

And as to the fans are why Quinn is starting, that is still laughable too.

Saw this tidbit. I can only imagine he is calling out guys on the D (back to my gripe about guys trying to lay hits instead of tackling).

“This is as frustrated as I’ve been in as many years as I’ve been playing,” the nine-year veteran said. “I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. I’m just not cut from this kind of cloth. I play physical football. I come out here and give it my all—all week. This is the NFL. You can’t call it quits until the game is over. But it looks to me like some people call it quits before that. Denver was down, but they didn’t call it quits. They kept their heads up and they finished.

“Some people need to check their egos at the door and find some heart to come out here and play hard,” he said. “This is a man’s game. The way we went out there and played two weeks in a row, finishing the same kind of way, it’s just not there. I think there’s some men right here who need to check themselves.”

It's about time someone did because it's becoming painfully obvious that RAC is unable or incapable of properly motivating this team. You put up 30 in a game and you should win. The D absolutely stunk the joint up.

Romeo looked as clueless as Dusty Baker did in that NLCS Game #6 in 03. When he could not get the team settled down after the missed foul ball. That being said, the old school times of playing an entire 60 minutes is over. Coaches have this "false sense of security in that a 14 point lead is enough". So in short the team is playing barely over 3 quarters,and hoping to coast to a win. There was a time when the Browns would not let the opposition off the hook by the prevent-d. If they had a huge lead. They kept playing for the whole game. Didn't any of the coaches remember what the Bills did back in 93 down by 32? They (Bills) played the whole game. The Oilers played only a half.. They lost the game..

It's about time>>>The coach needs to do that in films too

Guest Masters
Here is the article

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ammat.html

Notice Jamal calls them out; states this is like nothing he has ever experienced in playing football; then check out RAC's response....classic RAC

You know, RACs response would be fine if this was a team that hasn't been pulling the same giving up in the past. But at this point, RAC should be saying that stuff. Quit being their nice grandpa giving them Worthers and be their dad beating them with your belt.

I personally think Jamals days are numbered. Did anyone else notice that when he finally gets in the open field and has 5 or 10 yards of free space in front of him, he lunges and falls down on his own. I think this due to his legs aren't as fast as they used to be. His mind says go, but his legs don't. I've been noticing it the last couple of games.

Guest Masters
I personally think Jamals days are numbered. Did anyone else notice that when he finally gets in the open field and has 5 or 10 yards of free space in front of him, he lunges and falls down on his own. I think this due to his legs aren't as fast as they used to be. His mind says go, but his legs don't. I've been noticing it the last couple of games.

I didn't see that in the open field. I see guys catching him in the open field. I saw those lunges when he's about to be tackled and he tries to stretch for the exta couple of yards (like on a couple of 1st down runs and the TD).

I guess didn't really mean in the open field, but when he has an open hole. There has been 2-3 times per last couple games when the hole becomes open and he lunges forward, no one is there and he goes down. If not, he could have easily ran anothe 5-10 yards. He didn't used to do that.

Honestly, Lumbergh, why are you still alive, even? Seriously.

Here is the article

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ammat.html

Notice Jamal calls them out; states this is like nothing he has ever experienced in playing football; then check out RAC's response....classic RAC

You know, RACs response would be fine if this was a team that hasn't been pulling the same giving up in the past. But at this point, RAC should be saying that stuff. Quit being their nice grandpa giving them Worthers and be their dad beating them with your belt.

I just had a disturbing mental vision of RAC handing out caramel candies to little kids like those ads back in the day....shudder

Archived