THE BROWNS BOARD

Path to back in the hunt. The last 7 games.

OconRecon

Ok, this may be just a notch above a mathematical path at best. You have to believe the Browns are underperforming to swallow any of this:

Monday, November 17 @ Buffalo Bills ESPN 8:30 PM ................Winnable. They're offense is ranked 20th. Our D is 19th in points allowed.

Sunday, November 23 vs HOUSTON TEXANS CBS 1:00 PM.........Winnable. They have a sub .500 record

Sunday, November 30 vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS CBS 1:00 PM ....Winnable. Better chance this year than most. They're at .500 ball.

Now we're back to 6 and 6. Personally, I'm not one who thinks the Browns have to win the Super Bowl for it to be a successful season. There are 32 teams, so 31 sets of fans would be disappointed if this were the standard. Being in the hunt is enjoyable. I remember the Sipe and Kosar years as a blast, because we were in the hunt.

Sunday, December 7 @ Tennessee Titans CBS 1:00 PM.............Super tall order, all would have to go right for us & wrong for them. A loss.

Monday, December 15 @ Philadelphia Eagles ESPN 8:30 PM .......Winnable, they're one game above .500. Tough though. Away on MNF.

Sunday, December 21 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM ...Winnable, they're horrible.

Now we're 8 and 7.

Sunday, December 28 @ Pittsburgh Steelers TBA......................The money game. Put up or shut up.

End up 9 and 7 and hopefully nab a Wild Card spot.

It's a long shot, granted. We need help. But as our high school and college coaches told us when the going got tough, all we can do is take it week by week, and they were right.

Guest Masters

I guess there is always hope. But at this point my hopes are limited to Quinn developing, beating PIT at the end of the year, and the D showing some sign of life or more correctly any sign of life.

Haha wow, bless you buddy... I admire your optimism.

Yeah, I know. It's just I/we have been waiting since draft day '07 for Quinn to be the starter. The next Kosar. I'm having trouble giving up on the season now that he's in the pocket. Man, if we could have only beat the Broncos.

Ok' date=' this may be just a notch above a mathematical path at best. You have to believe the Browns are underperforming to swallow any of this:

Monday, November 17 @ Buffalo Bills ESPN 8:30 PM ................Winnable. They're offense is ranked 20th. Our D is 19th in points allowed.

[b']Tall Order for you guys... Bills D is OK and have a lot of Weapons on O....[/b]

Sunday, November 23 vs HOUSTON TEXANS CBS 1:00 PM.........Winnable. They have a sub .500 record

Your Game to lose

Sunday, November 30 vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS CBS 1:00 PM ....Winnable. Better chance this year than most. They're at .500 ball.

You wont win this Colts starting to Find Health and will be winning soon may beat the Steelkers this week.

Sunday, December 7 @ Tennessee Titans CBS 1:00 PM.............Super tall order, all would have to go right for us & wrong for them. A loss.

Tall Order again

Monday, December 15 @ Philadelphia Eagles ESPN 8:30 PM .......Winnable, they're one game above .500. Tough though. Away on MNF.

Great Defense at times...if Healthy You wont win this.

Sunday, December 21 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM ...Winnable, they're horrible.

WIN

Now we're 8 and 7.

Sunday, December 28 @ Pittsburgh Steelers TBA......................The money game. Put up or shut up.

10 strait losses...you guys are due , But if The Steelers are Healthy You will lose again and BIG

End up 9 and 7 and hopefully nab a Wild Card spot.

Not this year !!

BUT...you know what Thats why they PLAY THE GAME !!! Good luck !

Guest Masters

I'll say this, I am glad to see a Steelers fan on here with some sense of reality. Noting that Indy is coming around and could be them this week is very sensible and realistic. I think that game could go either way.

Wish I could be as optimistic as you, I'm just hoping for a win against Buffalo and then go from there.

One game at a time. Baltimore effectively has a three game lead on the Browns and the Steelers have sailed far beyond the Browns horizon.

The realist in me says 6-10 and Romeo gets fired. The D was Gawdawful in the Denver game. They keep playing like that- Quinn will have to hang 35 on the board every week to just keep us in the game.

Haha wow, bless you buddy... I admire your optimism.

Yeah, I know. It's just I/we have been waiting since draft day '07 for Quinn to be the starter. The next Kosar. I'm having trouble giving up on the season now that he's in the pocket. Man, if we could have only beat the Broncos.

A bunch of fans being gay for Quinn doesn't make the team any better. Probably the best way to have beaten Denver would have been to keep the Pro bowl QB under center, but that's in the past now. Moving forward, of course every game in the NFL is winnable, but the Browns will likely be underdogs the rest of the way out especially with a QB who can't go vertical.

The Browns objectives for the rest of the year are to figure out whether the coach and QB can keep their jobs.

The "path to back in the hunt" goes through fantasy land. Yinz were out of the hunt weeks ago...

Depends what hunt you're talking about. The hunt to win the Super Bowl is fantasy, I agree. But the hunt to get back in the play-off picture is possible.

I know the season has been worth while when at week 12, the Browns are listed in all of the ESPN NFL shows.

Would love to just get back to 6 and 6, then go from there.

Winning 3 in a row does happen and our opponents are not insurmoutable.

A week at a time baby.

The "path to back in the hunt" goes through fantasy land. Yinz were out of the hunt weeks ago...

Depends what hunt you're talking about. The hunt to win the Super Bowl is fantasy, I agree. But the hunt to get back in the play-off picture is possible.

I know the season has been worth while when at week 12, the Browns are listed in all of the ESPN NFL shows.

Would love to just get back to 6 and 6, then go from there.

Winning 3 in a row does happen and our opponents are not insurmoutable.

A week at a time baby.

I was talking about playoffs.

Your "path to the SB hunt" goes through the land of the lost, and the sleestacks destroyed it.

The wildcard is coming out of the AFC East. If you were Indy or Baltiwhore, I'd say you have a point.

Resistance is futile.

Regards

..... an`at

Dude, quit trolling.

Lurking is more the norm when on another team's board.

Dude, quit trolling.

a) It's not trolling if it's accurate.

B) Lurking is for introverts.

Trolling has nothing to do with accuracy.

You have to know coming to another board to bad mouth its team is poor form. So, it's time to classify you as a "foe". I'll not see your posts again.

DNFTT

Wow...You are delusional ... The Browns are a BAD football team . Too many "individuals"' on offense and a TERRIBLE defense .. I mean really bad . Playoff teams do not blow leads like the Browns have the past two weeks . Plus , Denver is horrible ,especially on Defense (they had their best three players on D out)and The Brown's lost to them ..Stop drinking the KOOLAID man !!! Your team is not good and they are not going to be "in the hunt" icon_rolleyes.gif Funny how this was the year you were going to go to Win the Division , and go DEEP into the Playoffs ...maybe even win the Super Bowl .That was based on the fantasy from last years sorry schedule , that you had a good team ...Now you play a REAL schedule and reality smacks you in the mouth ...I admire you sticking with your boy's >>>but it is time to face the music ...They are not a good team icon_eek.gif What's the famous Cleveland mantra???" WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!!! icon_lol.gif

Mr Broke dick

I came on here to laugh at the idiots who come on here and thump there chest and talk about how GOOD this pathetic team of yours is ... Some classless a-hole like you always takes the bait and goes with the "screwing your sister ,or toothless joke" It is hilarios ...I laugh my ass off at the shear stupidity and childishness the comes through when a moron like you takes the bait ... Thanks for the laugh asshole icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dude, quit trolling.

Technically, this isn't "trolling". This is slumming. Like when the rich kid's from the 'burbs go downtown to pick up dirty chicks that they'll never bring home to mom... but they'll keep the memories for when the boring Stepford wife is doin' her mattress impression in low gear at age 28.

You gotta understand how boring it is on Steelers boards.

"Do you think we'll win the division? Oh, never mind... dumb question."

"Do we have a shot at the trophy this year? Oh yeah, its any year after 1970, so yeah, we've got a shot."

"Will any of our players make the Pro Bowl... I mean will any not make it..."

"What comes after 'one for the thumb'?"

It's terrible.

The dirty girl from downtown may be headed for a longterm trailer life of self flagellation, but she's got some kinda sizzle compared to Muffy from the Winner's Circle Country Club.

Pops

Dude, quit trolling.

The dirty girl from downtown may be headed for a longterm trailer life of self flagellation, but she's got some kinda sizzle compared to Muffy from the Winner's Circle Country Club.

Pops

And God knows how many STD's.

Hanz; why give the six year old any credit? Ignore....best guard against trolls; is sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh complete ignore. I did this to several trolls on this board; could not be more happy!

Good point. But I do find fun goofing on some of these boobs. Kind of like putting a lyme carrying tick underneath a magnifying glass.

Hanz; why give the six year old any credit? Ignore....best guard against trolls; is sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh complete ignore. I did this to several trolls on this board; could not be more happy!

Download your ignore button and be done with it, listerine...

HERE

you're welcome,

Pops

Meet the Beatles, Lyndon B. Johnson escalates troop presence in Vietnam, Browns win something.

Archived