THE BROWNS BOARD

My choice for next Browns Head coach is...

Guest mz.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't want any more retreads. Proven losers will be that again.

How about someone young and progressive for a change.

Randy Edsall?

Worked under Coughlin and has head coaching experience.

I believe he possess excellent coaching/teaching skills and has a keen sense of spoting players who fit a certain profile.

Don't laugh. This guy could land a big-time coaching job if he choose to. He is loyal to UCONN, I guess. The $1M+ salary per season doesn't hurt either.

@ JADBF: norv turner was a shitty choice for the chargers. he's proven himself to be a terrible HC but great QB coach and OC. he was a terrible hire and everyone knew it when the chargers made it.

i lived and worked in pittsburgh for two years and it sucked, i agree. however, some of their fans are well-versed football fans. it's the same with any franchise: you have smart fans and idiot homers. the smart ones at least aren't dicks about winning or whiny bitches about losing.

here's the scenario i can see working with marty: he has absolutely nothing to do with the offense at any point on gameday. ever. i'd want an 'aggressiveness coordinator' to make sure the players and coaches never let up or get conservative. only if the team has built-in marty-proofing would i feel good about hiring him.

Guest Masters

Randy Edsall?

I believe he possess excellent coaching/teaching skills and has a keen sense of spoting players who fit a certain profile.

Don't laugh. This guy could land a big-time coaching job if he choose to. He is loyal to UCONN, I guess. The $1M+ salary per season doesn't hurt either.

Not NFL HC experience though.

Guest Masters
@ JADBF: norv turner was a shitty choice for the chargers. he's proven himself to be a terrible HC but great QB coach and OC. he was a terrible hire and everyone knew it when the chargers made it.

i lived and worked in pittsburgh for two years and it sucked, i agree. however, some of their fans are well-versed football fans. it's the same with any franchise: you have smart fans and idiot homers. the smart ones at least aren't dicks about winning or whiny bitches about losing.

here's the scenario i can see working with marty: he has absolutely nothing to do with the offense at any point on gameday. ever. i'd want an 'aggressiveness coordinator' to make sure the players and coaches never let up or get conservative. only if the team has built-in marty-proofing would i feel good about hiring him.

About the pitt fans. Actually, I have the utmost respect for the Pittsburgh fans that I work with. Unlike most of the trolls on here, they have a repect for the Browns too and we have good discussions of football. But that doesn't change the fact that I haven't really had anything to brag about since I started here.

and I don't have a problem with that Marty scenario.

Same experience for me with PIT fans. One of my best friends is a Steelers fan, as well as some social friends as well. They are really no different than Browns fans, except they bleed black and gold instead of orange and brown.

When people knock Steelers fans as a whole all I can think is you are talking about the same fans who were as outraged as CLE fans when Model moved the old Browns.

Guest Masters
But I still beleive had Marty been given more time in Cleveland or SD, he would have a SB now.

I do agree with that. I mean the ball had to bounce his way sooner or later.

Randy Edsall?

Not NFL HC experience though.

Plus, he's coaching a .500 Big East team.

Go 'Cuse!

But I still beleive had Marty been given more time in Cleveland or SD, he would have a SB now.

I do agree with that. I mean the ball had to bounce his way sooner or later.

Agree with this and I also want to say ... at this point, bringing Marty back would not be a "resurrecting the past" type of move. He's a quality unemployed coach with a solid winning history, a strong work ethic and a disciplinarian. All of which are things this team needs in a big way.

Doug

About the pitt fans. Actually, I have the utmost respect for the Pittsburgh fans that I work with. Unlike most of the trolls on here, they have a repect for the Browns too and we have good discussions of football. But that doesn't change the fact that I haven't really had anything to brag about since I started here.

and I don't have a problem with that Marty scenario.

Same experience for me with PIT fans. One of my best friends is a Steelers fan, as well as some social friends as well. They are really no different than Browns fans, except they bleed black and gold instead of orange and brown.

When people knock Steelers fans as a whole all I can think is you are talking about the same fans who were as outraged as CLE fans when Model moved the old Browns.

Mik, a word of warning if you move back to the Akron area, and that is Steeler fans are morons here. I've went into this before, but they're everywhere around here. Occasionally there is one that knows their stuff and isn't a dickhead, but for the most part they are all the stereotype cracks them up to be and bandwagonners on top of it.

Guest Masters
Mik, a word of warning if you move back to the Akron area, and that is Steeler fans are morons here. I've went into this before, but they're everywhere around here. Occasionally there is one that knows their stuff and isn't a dickhead, but for the most part they are all the stereotype cracks them up to be and bandwagonners on top of it.

Oh you've warned me. Probably isn't much different than here in the OC. Except they are usually DAL fans or Chargers fans (as long as they are winning and its cool to be a fan of that team at the moment).

Archived