THE BROWNS BOARD

The Oregon Trail of Tears..... Send them all packin!!!!!

Roy.E.Munson

ONB, nice ranting post, made no sense at all, but I expect that from you. And you called me a bitter person with no life. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

It's OK ONB, hit the crack pipe some more, curl up in the fetal position with your DA jersey, and remember the good times you had, loving him the way you do. I'm worried for your mental health, please seek counseling. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ONB, nice ranting post, made no sense at all, but I expect that from you. And you called me a bitter person with no life. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

It's OK ONB, hit the crack pipe some more, curl up in the fetal position with your DA jersey, and remember the good times you had, loving him the way you do. I'm worried for your mental health, please seek counseling. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I called you some names Socal get over it. Not my finest moment I admit it. I usually dont get into personal feuds on this board so dont take that personally just a bad moment. You are a super cool dude I realize that by your posts so I have no right suggesting that you were boring and repetitive.

Everybody needs to understand that if Brady had won last night these would be congratulatory and humble posts from me and Lumbergh (well maybe not lumbergh. He is a hard man)

BUT THE BROWNS F'd UP AND LOST AGAIN AND BRADY MADY= NO DIFFERENCE IN THE LOSS COLUMN. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. LOSE!!!!!

So nobody needs to be running around here being happy and victorious and gloating. NOBODY.

Here ME?

Guest Masters

Lapse....LMFAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That wasn't the first of those post from you. Heck wasn't even the first this week.

Here are some snippets:

"Why do you even need to say it Lumbergh? You are never going to get through the subgroup of subhuman Browns fans that only know losing and like it.

The smarter Browns fans that actually know some football might huddle somewhere else but (for the most part) they arent here.

The transition to this new website has seemingly only been brought the dirtclod factions over.. (myself notwithstanding:-)"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=341&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

"Yeah and those jet fans have 12 toes just like you.

SocalledBrownsfan= only happy when he's sad! Boo hoo!

You dont have a life. Thats why are you angry. Never forget that! (And you yeah you live in a trashy part of the world.)"

Ahh yes and then order will be restored.

And Browns will resume their rightful place as kings of the NFL

"Inspecta51, you know as well as I do that the Browns have been complete crap during the era of modern football. And you also know that merely replacing the current coach/quarterback/GM etc with new hasnt worked the last 8? times its been tried. That was a bad loss no doubt but you can't claim that its anything new from what this franchise has been doing for many many years.

You have to be patient. You dont have any other choice except YOU go find some winning team to cheer for."

ONB and Lumburgh are in different stages of the 5 steps of grief:

1) DENIAL

In the denial stage we refuse to believe what has happened. We try in our mind to tell ourselves that life is as it was before our loss. We can even make believe to an extent by re enacting rituals that we used to go through with our loved one. Making an extra cup of tea for our loved one who is no longer there, rushing back to tell someone that you have met an old friend. Flashing back to times and conversations in the past as though they we here with us now. They can all be part of this stage.

2) ANGER

We get angry. The anger can manifest itself in many ways. We can blame others for our loss. We can become easily agitated having emotional outbursts. We can even become angry with ourselves. Care must be taken here not to turn this anger inwards. Release of this anger is a far better way to cope with grief in my experience.

3) BARGAINING

Bargaining can be with ourselves or if you are religious with your god. Often we will offer something to try to take away the reality of what has happened. We may try to make a deal, to have our loved one back as they were before the tragic event occured. It is only human to want thing as they were before.

4) DEPRESSION

Depression is a very likely outcome for all people that grieve for a loss. This is what I would consider the most difficult stage of the five to deal with. There can be a the feeling listlessness and tiredness. You may be bursting helplessly into tears. Feeling like there is no purpose to life any more. Feeling guilty, like everything is your own fault. You may find you feel like you are being punished. Pleasure and joy can be difficult to achieve even from things and activities which you have always gained delight. There can even be thoughts of suicide. There are many different ways in which this stage of grief can manifest itself. If you at any time in this stage feel like doing yourself any harm please do seek professional counseling. Self preservation is a must.

5) ACCEPTANCE

The final stage of grief. It is when you realize that life has to go on. You can here accept your loss. You should now be able to regain your energy and goals for the future. It may take some time to get here but you will.

Lumburgh is between stage 1 and 2. ONB, is a tough one, I'm guessing stage 2 going into 3.

I was at acceptance in week 3.

BQ had a really good first game. great Job. Still had receivers dropping balls that could have made the team get wins. Though the 4th and 1 was not going to make the Browns win it would have just gave them a shot. BQ fell victim to the same things that DA did, what the Browns need are receivers that can not only make the "circus catch" but can make the basic catch also.

It was ONE game. BQ played well, but DA played great against the Giants and just as good against the Jags. My only point is wait and see if BQ is actually more consitant than DA before everybody falls in love. Remember, Denver's defense SUCKS. Lets hold the love fest until BQ does what DA could not, be good week in and week out and against good competition.

DA is not the answer and will be moving out of town I am sure. I for one will hold judgement for more than ONE game. If he does it the rest of the season then I will have to say that BQ is good.

Masters, his time has come and gone, no doubt. I can't hate the guy because he helped put together one of the most exciting seasons i have seen as a Browns' fan.

And probably the last one you will see for awhile.

You don't win the job in one game. BQ will prolly win the job by the end of the season though. If you are going to pick one game then DA played better against the Giants and won. Wait for more performances out of BQ. See if he can do what DA could not, be consitant.

I called you some names Socal get over it. Not my finest moment I admit it. I usually dont get into personal feuds on this board so dont take that personally just a bad moment. You are a super cool dude I realize that by your posts so I have no right suggesting that you were boring and repetitive.

Everybody needs to understand that if Brady had won last night these would be congratulatory and humble posts from me and Lumbergh (well maybe not lumbergh. He is a hard man)

BUT THE BROWNS F'd UP AND LOST AGAIN AND BRADY MADY= NO DIFFERENCE IN THE LOSS COLUMN. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. LOSE!!!!!

So nobody needs to be running around here being happy and victorious and gloating. NOBODY.

Here ME?

ONB,

How old are you? 8? "You are a super cool dude" etc, etc, etc! You mut be Lumnuts mini me!!! You and lumnuts are officially in TIME OUT!!!

Guest Masters
we all saw brady play well against a terribly shitty defense. see if he can "win the job" against quaility opponents first before proclaiming all is fixed in browntown.

All the quality play from Quinn won't fix Browntown now. To steal from JADBF, an analogy on CLE (specifically the QB change)

"It's like the Browns were a car that was broken down, with many problems with it. The tires are bad, the steering is rickety, and the air filter is so clogged, the engine stutters and stalls alot. You have a brand new air filter sitting in the garage, but you refuse to change it because you want every other part of the car fixed also."

All the quality play from Quinn won't fix Browntown now. To steal from JADBF, an analogy on CLE (specifically the QB change)

"It's like the Browns were a car that was broken down, with many problems with it. The tires are bad, the steering is rickety, and the air filter is so clogged, the engine stutters and stalls alot. You have a brand new air filter sitting in the garage, but you refuse to change it because you want every other part of the car fixed also."

JADBF, great analogy! Masters, absolutely! The new air filter(Brady Quinn) certainly helps, but until we fix the bad tires(defense), the rickety steering(coaching) & the stuttering engine(Oline/running attack) we are far from road trip ready!!! The good news is that we fixed the air filter problem. One down & 3 to go..........beats 3rd & long!!!

Guest Masters
JADBF, great analogy! Masters, absolutely! The new air filter(Brady Quinn) certainly helps, but until we fix the bad tires(defense), the rickety steering(coaching) & the stuttering engine(Oline/running attack) we are far from road trip ready!!! The good news is that we fixed the air filter problem. One down & 3 to go..........beats 3rd & long!!!

Well, I think that stuttering engine is on it's way to fixed with that new air filter. Were a whole lost less 3rd and longs last Thursday. If Quinn can continue to successfully take what he is given in the passing game, the engine will start humming quietly.

Archived