THE BROWNS BOARD

Take Tim Couch out and put in Derek Anderson

Guest ATENEARS

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly i would rather lose by constant interceptions via DA than play to lose from the start with BQ and dabolls stupid YAC style offense

We sucked last year with a better team under DA. He didn't throw for many yards last season either - averaging 140 yards in 6 of 9 starts? I'm sick of the Quinn experiment, but I keep telling myself to be patient, he'll break out. I will stay the course till the BYE, then to hell with it.

Dan I dont think DA is as bad as every one else thinks he is. I dont think we have to draft a qb next year honestly.... I would rather draft for the defense at linebacker or offensive or some other skill player.

I dont think we are a playoff team, I think we are at max a 6-7 win team because we are missing pieces like a dominant outside/inside linebacker, we used to have offense but also the headaches of DA's gunslinging mr throw too hard at times....

We can compete the defense is not that bad nor is our team just replace bQ or he needs to sling the rock hard and accurately 15-25 yards out to loosen up defensive planning against us.

Look, we KNOW what we have in DA and he isn't it.

Quinn going out there and looking like the 2nd coming of Charlie Frye doesn't help us a bit either.

Quinn has enough arm but his accuracy has been off and he's throwing short on 3rd and long when he needs to be looking closer to the markers.

If Quinn shows he's not the answer, then we know we're going to have to draft another qb whether we like it or not.

There's a reason the qb competition was so close there both not starter material. This line does not run block, but I disagree with most on pass blocking. I thought they gave average protection the last two weeks. For a dinker dunk offense Quinn holds the ball to long, 3-4 seconds he's still looking and eats it.

There's a reason the qb competition was so close there both not starter material. This line does not run block, but I disagree with most on pass blocking. I thought they gave average protection the last two weeks. For a dinker dunk offense Quinn holds the ball to long, 3-4 seconds he's still looking and eats it.

I really don't buy that.

Quinn had to be given a look by the new group.

I am wondering when they have seen enough.

DA might not be the answer, but he brings more to the game than does Quinn..that guy(BQ) isn't any good.

I hope this experiment ends quickly. Sanchez hasn't needed many games to show his worth. This idea qbs need 20 games to show something is bogus.

Great qbs start off good and work up from there.

I really don't buy that.

Quinn had to be given a look by the new group.

I am wondering when they have seen enough.

DA might not be the answer, but he brings more to the game than does Quinn..that guy(BQ) isn't any good.

I hope this experiment ends quickly. Sanchez hasn't needed many games to show his worth. This idea qbs need 20 games to show something is bogus.

Great qbs start off good and work up from there.

Really? Tell me again how Brees started? Eli Manning? Troy Aikman?

Again, don't want to start shit. The defense ain't going to stop the Bronco's now anyhow, but Brady Quinn hasn't been able to do shit except throw the ball 3-4 yards shy of the sticks on 3rd and long.

We are getting buried in the division, there is plenty of time to play Brady, Anderson, Ratliff, Tim Couch, Spergun Wynn, or any other.

Just go to a fresher guy, for the sake of finishing off this bullshit Bellichick style.

Wait, I may be on to something ... punt on 3rd down so I don't have to sit through another dink-n-dunk under the sticks.

Passes of 20 & 24 to BE. I'd hope we dump (or kick in the nuts) Brian Daboll before Quinn.

Edit:

Also, put StPuss in a box and UPS him to Istanbul. Thats about the only Brown I'd ever like to see him in again.

Really? Tell me again how Brees started? Eli Manning? Troy Aikman?

I don't know, I don't follow those teams.

You are kidding yourself if you think BQ is going to be as good as those guys.

I don't know, I don't follow those teams.

You are kidding yourself if you think BQ is going to be as good as those guys.

I NEVER said he would be, so don't assume things I didn't say. All I'm saying is not ALL QBs start off great, or even good. SOME of them actually take a season, or two (Brees, Manning) before it really clicks for them.

Again, don't want to start shit. The defense ain't going to stop the Bronco's now anyhow, but Brady Quinn hasn't been able to do shit except throw the ball 3-4 yards shy of the sticks on 3rd and long.

We are getting buried in the division, there is plenty of time to play Brady, Anderson, Ratliff, Tim Couch, Spergun Wynn, or any other.

Just go to a fresher guy, for the sake of finishing off this bullshit Bellichick style.

Wait, I may be on to something ... punt on 3rd down so I don't have to sit through another dink-n-dunk under the sticks.

why would you go back to that?

seriously....you dumb or something

I SWEAR TO GOD SOME OF YOU BQ FANBOYS ARE SLOW... Teams HAVE TO GAME PLAN FOR DA and they cant crowd the line and play tight because he does release the ball quickly because he believes in his arm and can thread the needle.....

Teams are all playing the SAME DEFENSE PLAY TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY THE QUICK PASSES AND SLANTS WHICH ALSO KEEPS MORE DEFENDERS IN CLOSE TO HELP STOP THE RUN....

THIS IS PURELY A PRODUCT OF GAME PLANNING AGAINST BRADY.....

He did have time the o line is NOT THAT BAD NOR IS OUR DEFENSE,,,, Teams dont defend agains the mid to long BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO AND IT MAKES US ONE DIMENSIONAL.....

THAT IS HOW DA MAKES US BETTER AND MORE COMPETITIVE..... HE DOES DO SOMETHINGS THAT ARE CRAZY BUT WE CAN SCORE AND SUSTAIN DRIVES SOMETHING BQ DOES NOT DO AND CAN NOT DO.....

Did you see the past two years of suck that we have been...

why would you go down that road again....

I swear the inbreeding is getting Retarded here.

There is no xxxxing way that Brady Quinn will ever win ten games in this league, let alone 10 in one season.

Derek Anderson is young, let's work with him, at least he has horseballs ... I happen to like horseballs over biceps.

Once again, 2 years of suck.....are you Retarded? Oh wait you run this craphole....you are lol

Peen,

Quinn has looked like shit and he may be total garbage,but you cant type with a straight face that you think DA will EVER take this team into the playoffs.

Whatever you want to bet on it im game.

DA gets traded or plays here for however long of a career he has he will never lead any team to the playoffs.

Name the bet.

First I don't bet on the net.

I am not saying anything about DA other than he is better than Quinn.

I think he gives us a better chance to win..

That said...I think we still keep BQ in for a while....I just don't want him getting anywhere near the 70% of snaps mark if he continues to play like this.

Look at our future games....Ravens, Cincy...that is 4 games in and we might be 0-4, 1-3 at best...

Quinn had to start strong, and he hasn't.

Game 5 might be the point we look towards DA if we don't see marked improvement...and the odds aren't goo that happens.

Fact: The staff, with NO allegance to either QB, awarding the starting job to Quinn.

Fact: This is the third time DA has gone into an NFL camp and either been unable to win a spot on the roster (Ravens), win the starting job over Frye, or keep his starting job over Quinn.

Fact: DA isn't the savior.

Here's the deal: if Quinn doesn't prove he has a ceiling worthy of leading an NFL team to the playoffs, we're in the market for a QB.

How the "put in DA crew" can't see this is beyond me.

As for today: Quinn sucked. Sure didn't build any confidence from my vantange point. What's hard to tell is how much of it is him and how much of it is the cast/coaching around him. One thing's for sure, he didn't do anything today to make anyone think its just his environment. Wow, talk about bad.

Peen, why isn't he starting? You're saying you know better than the staff? Curious for your read on how they got it wrong.

I already explained that.....we needed to look at Quinn. It was a close competition, so that was the logical choice to make.

Don't worry, Quinn should get at least 2-3 more starts, and I am fine with that as i agree we need to find out about him......so far, no good.

Add that to your fact list.

Im all for putting DA out there again at least we will lose trying to win but we will double the opponents score due to anderceptions...but hey at the end of the day we are going to have to draft a QB next year if BQ cant handle it..

This expansion team is infamous for killing QB careers while retaining the worst WRs in the league...

LOL....difference between Anderson and the 3 I mentioned (Brees, Manning, Aikman) is that the 3 showed the ability to get better as time went on.

Here's the commonality you should focus on . . . . Chris Redman (the original first round talent in the third round), Kyle Boller (the original "I can't believe he fell in our lap"), Josh Harris (remember the first guy we signed off the Raven's practice squad), Trent Dilfer, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frey (see Redman), Brady Quinn (see Boller). One thing Opie did not know was QBs. In fact, time has proven there wasn't much that Opie knew. He actually spent a lot of time and effort to make a Garcia-McCown QBing tandem he inherited worse.

The Anderson mistake is paid for and at least he put together a decent string of games before D coordinators found his cryptonite. I'd think that you'd see a similarity with Kerry Collins. Quinn's like a five-day weekend for D-Coordinators right out of the gate.

With the talent(or lack thereof)that opie left us you have to wonder if he was any good at scouting talent at all...

Quinn was 3rd round talent by some evaluations.

I don't remember exactly where we drafted that year but there was a good chance BQ would have been there is round 2 and we wouldn't have had to trade anything if we were inclined to reach for a player.

Just because WE drafted BQ in round 1 doesn't mean he was 1st round talent.

The guy was a 3rd rounder....those guys bust all the time. You take a shot. If after a few games they don't pan out, you move on and think maybe he will become one of those journeyman guys who become semi decent by their 10th year.

Quinn was 3rd round talent by some evaluations.

I don't remember exactly where we drafted that year but there was a good chance BQ would have been there is round 2 and we wouldn't have had to trade anything if we were inclined to reach for a player.

Just because WE drafted BQ in round 1 doesn't mean he was 1st round talent.

The guy was a 3rd rounder....those guys bust all the time. You take a shot. If after a few games they don't pan out, you move on and think maybe he will become one of those journeyman guys who become semi decent by their 10th year.

Highly doubtful he would have been there in the 2nd. Rumors on draft day had KC interested in him at 23 and Balt trying to trade up to get him.

Archived