THE BROWNS BOARD

Take Tim Couch out and put in Derek Anderson

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Again, don't want to start shit. The defense ain't going to stop the Bronco's now anyhow, but Brady Quinn hasn't been able to do shit except throw the ball 3-4 yards shy of the sticks on 3rd and long.

We are getting buried in the division, there is plenty of time to play Brady, Anderson, Ratliff, Tim Couch, Spergun Wynn, or any other.

Just go to a fresher guy, for the sake of finishing off this bullshit Bellichick style.

Wait, I may be on to something ... punt on 3rd down so I don't have to sit through another dink-n-dunk under the sticks.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, don't want to start shit. The defense ain't going to stop the Bronco's now anyhow, but Brady Quinn hasn't been able to do sit except throw the ball 3-4 yards shy of the sticks on 3rd and long.

We are getting buried in the division, there is plenty of time to play Brady, Anderson, Ratliff, Tim Couch, Spergun Wynn, or any other.

Just go to a fresher guy, for the sake of finishing off this bullshit Bellichick style.

Wait, I may be on to something ... punt on 3rd down so I don't have to sit through another dink-n-dunk under the sticks.

I wouldn't just yet, but if this 3 yard pass BS continues for the next couple weeks, I'd be in favor of giving DA a shot. Like you said, what do we have to lose?

I honestly don't think it will matter either way. We have a QB as our starting 2nd receiver..our defense sucks, our running back is old and the back ups are lousy. We drafted two WR's in the 2nd round and we don't play either one of them and I'm not sure if either QB is any good.

Denver isn't that good....but we seriously might not win a game this year.

Actually I'm saying I not sure I think any of them are any good anymore...in addition to the fact that the playcalling sucks, the offensive line sucks, the coach has no balls and my 3 year old can tackle better than our defense....

Exactly, and that is why i agree. It is not all Quinn's fault just like it wasn't all DA's fault.

Guest ATENEARS

<<< Is da going to stop all the 3rd and tens we gave up? >>>

Hopefully we grab a few more first down by actually making throws beyond the mark.

<<< Is da going to avoid the rush from only having half a line? >>>

It's 3rd and Super Long, your pinned with your back to the end zone, do you think maybe they just might blitz ya? It's 3rd and 1 at mid-field, are you really going to take a 7-step drop?

<<< Is da going to hold jamals hand? >>>

You got me there.

<<< Is da going to find anyone outside of BE and the opposing Defense to throw to? >>>

That would be a start.

<<< This team sucks ass,we will draft number 1. >>>

Do we draft a Rb, OL, QB. #1 WR, knock-out Safety, DL, or LB is the only question.

Honestly i would rather lose by constant interceptions via DA than play to lose from the start with BQ and dabolls stupid YAC style offense with no talent to catch let alone get yards afterwards but cash is as good as money the bottomline is we have no talent at WR and no OL so we lose with either guy..Mangini needs to purge this team and start again..and when i say purge i mean everyone including daboll..

Its absolutely humiliating to be a browns fan with this offensive scheme and lack of talent in place...

Guest ATENEARS
Honestly i would rather lose by constant interceptions via DA than play to lose from the start with BQ and dabolls stupid YAC style offense with no talent to catch let alone get yards afterwards but cash is as good as money the bottomline is we have no talent at WR and no OL so we lose either way..Mangini needs to purge this team and start again..and when i say purge i mean everyone including daboll..

I agree! ...

I SWEAR TO GOD SOME OF YOU BQ FANBOYS ARE SLOW... Teams HAVE TO GAME PLAN FOR DA and they cant crowd the line and play tight because he does release the ball quickly because he believes in his arm and can thread the needle.....

Teams are all playing the SAME DEFENSE PLAY TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY THE QUICK PASSES AND SLANTS WHICH ALSO KEEPS MORE DEFENDERS IN CLOSE TO HELP STOP THE RUN....

THIS IS PURELY A PRODUCT OF GAME PLANNING AGAINST BRADY.....

He did have time the o line is NOT THAT BAD NOR IS OUR DEFENSE,,,, Teams dont defend agains the mid to long BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO AND IT MAKES US ONE DIMENSIONAL.....

THAT IS HOW DA MAKES US BETTER AND MORE COMPETITIVE..... HE DOES DO SOMETHINGS THAT ARE CRAZY BUT WE CAN SCORE AND SUSTAIN DRIVES SOMETHING BQ DOES NOT DO AND CAN NOT DO.....

Wow,its sad how low are expectations have become.

Ok put DA in

Your on fukin crack if you think the outcome would have been any different,but if you want DA and that makes you happy by all means run with it but the outcome wouldnt change a bit,this team sucks ass.

DANAMAL JUST ADMIT BQ is a bust..... his arm strength is the problem and the fact he was overhyped as a nd weis product in the first round....

Ok put DA in

Your on fukin crack if you think the outcome would have been any different,but if you want DA and that makes you happy by all means run with it but the outcome wouldnt change a bit,this team sucks ass.

0-2 is 0-2 no matter how you stack it. Quinn as well as Anderson sucks with this supporting cast.

Guest ATENEARS

Ok put DA in

There is no fucking way that Brady Quinn will ever win ten games in this league, let alone 10 in one season.

Derek Anderson is young, let's work with him, at least he has horseballs ... I happen to like horseballs over biceps.

Again, don't want to start shit. The defense ain't going to stop the Bronco's now anyhow, but Brady Quinn hasn't been able to do shit except throw the ball 3-4 yards shy of the sticks on 3rd and long.

I agree...this is Couch revisited.

Dump off to the back or TE, get a few passes batted down, get a few yards at the end, then have fans tell me how it isn't Quinn's fault.

Sorry guys, Quinn isn't the answer...

Some of you may need a few more games, but I know a stinker when I see one.

Quinn doesn't have it.

I haven't seen that bad mechanics in a QB since yesterday when I watched Pryor play for the Buckeyes.

Does Quinn ever step and and throw through the ball? Every time he is under pressure he jumps up,

throws the ball off his back leg, or gets up on his tiptoes to throw the ball.

The question now is NOT when the Browns will win a game it is when will they score an

offensive touchdown when it means something.

Quinn has a lot of company.If I'm anyone's offensive co-ordinator I may purposely put my team

in a position to get the Browns in their nickel package where Hank Poteat comes in the game. Then I

simply ignore everything else and throw the ball to whomever he has to cover. Of course I would be

tempted to exploit Bowens and Barton who are just plain SLOW but Popteat is too easy to pass up.

Jamal Lewis is done, St.Clair-- well I won't jump on a dead body, the right side of the offensive line,

Josh Cribbs as a wideout???,the coaching staff,etc. Enough!!!!

I know like my arguments about DA and high first round draft picks and BQ being hyped I am going to catch flak for this...

Danamal I am not honestly thinking about next years drafts picks.... hold on to your vomit but.... I think we actually have enought talent this year to compete..

I like the defense right now they look much different than last year.... I think they are being tired out in the second half of the game because our offense cant sustain a drive to give them proper rest.

Braylon looks good to me right now and I think with Furrey in the mix along with Robo or Mass (not sure about Cribbs as a number two reciever)

I think Jamal looks ok and we have a couple of young RB's behind him, I honestly dont think the Oline is that bad...Quinn is the problem for the running/passing and defensive collapses in the second quarter.

We controlled Peterson and Denvers running backs for the first half of the game but got tired out in the second...

I think we cant compete NOW, IF teams can crowd the line and play tight againt Quinn it stretches them opening up all kind of things... Braylon looks good and Furry could be our underneath wes welker....

Our offense cant score..... EVER SINCE DA WAS BENCHED..... its pretty simple to me.

Danamal we are better than what we look, its the wrong guy behind center

I know like my arguments about DA and high first round draft picks and BQ being hyped I am going to catch flak for this...

Danamal I am not honestly thinking about next years drafts picks.... hold on to your vomit but.... I think we actually have enought talent this year to compete..

I like the defense right now they look much different than last year.... I think they are being tired out in the second half of the game because our offense cant sustain a drive to give them proper rest.

Braylon looks good to me right now and I think with Furrey in the mix along with Robo or Mass (not sure about Cribbs as a number two reciever)

I think Jamal looks ok and we have a couple of young RB's behind him, I honestly dont think the Oline is that bad...Quinn is the problem for the running/passing and defensive collapses in the second quarter.

We controlled Peterson and Denvers running backs for the first half of the game but got tired out in the second...

I think we cant compete NOW, IF teams can crowd the line and play tight againt Quinn it stretches them opening up all kind of things... Braylon looks good and Furry could be our underneath wes welker....

Our offense cant score..... EVER SINCE DA WAS BENCHED..... its pretty simple to me.

Dude, the offense scored 11 or less in 5 or 6 of DA's starts in 2008. Tell me again how the offense can score with him.

The same way he did against the Giants and all of 2007....... HE ACTUALLY DOES HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH TEAMS PLAY A COVER TWO....

LOL...the Giants decided to play DA like teams did in early 2007 and yes he tore them up. When teams take away his deep stuff you get 11 or less points in 2/3rds of his starts, such as 2008 proved.

I agree on the D...they just give up. I mean at some point they have to begin to believe that trying hard won't make any difference with the Mickey Mouse unit of a O we march out there.

LOL...the Giants decided to play DA like teams did in early 2007 and yes he tore them up. When teams take away his deep stuff you get 11 or less points in 2/3rds of his starts, such as 2008 proved.

LOL. Yeah, I remembered that. I couldn't believe a staff supposedly as smart as the Giants defense team was supposed to be, to make such a obvious mistake.

Archived