THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in.

joflockhart

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding assertion #1 WRONG. Ben Rothlisberger completed completed an insanely high percentage of passes in a game (something like 65%) when he was playing for Miami of Ohio in a freaking hurricane- gusts over 50mph- the reason I wanted to draft the kid when we had a chance to. For those with a short attention span, Benny Boy repeated that feat against the Browns- 65% completion percentage- when Hurricane Ike blew through Cleveland last September. DA? 56%, 2 picks, rating 44. Apples to apples.

It's yet to be seen what Quinn's "best" is. He gets all year to show what he has. What I've seen is Anderson has seriously regressed from his "best". It ain't exactly Rocket Science- defenses figured out take away DA's deep stuff- and make him beat you short. Sorry, FAIL.

Ben may have been able to do it once but that is a noteworthy accomplishment. I'm speaking in general terms of course. Those types of conditions are hell on the passing game. Just because once every 15 years some QB has great numbers in those conditions doesn't mean it is to be expected from everyone, all of the time. One of the great things about football is the weather and how gameplans change according to it. Chud hung us out to dry and let DA take the blame for the loss.

Maybe we haven't seen Brady's best yet. All I can go on is what I've seen and I think I've seen all Brady is as a QB. I really want to be wrong but it looks to me as if he has peaked. Maybe he'll calm down and start playing with confidence and we'll all be happy but all he has shown so far is he is lacking in some very key areas.

Vision

Poise

Arm Strength

Accuracy

Leadership

All he shows us is that he looks like a great athelete but does that always translate onto the field? Being atheletic doesn't make you a good football player.

If he doesn't show up soon, than Brady's storybook career may..........FAIL

HUH? Pass interference play to BE well over 10 yards. So was the ball BE dropped.

Quinn didn't play a good game. But the exaggeration that it was horrific and that only one pass was 10 yards in the air are just silly to me.

When I said that I was talking about the last two possessions if you read. And I did not say he did not throw over 10 yards I said he did not complete one over 10 yards. And for the entire game he only completed 4 passes that traveled over 10 yards in the air. I did watch the game and I did say that BQ did not lose the game but he most certainly did not do anything to win the game. And I does not matter that the Browns ran the ball 3 times inside the 6, I guess that could tell you how much confidence that the Coaches have in BQ getting the ball inside the endzone.

And dropped balls do not matter, that was made really clear when people talked about DA. This is the no excuse zone for QBs I seem to recall. BQ held to same standards as DA. Drops do not matter.

I still stand by that BQ looked lost until the Vikings went to a prevent defense. That does not mean he did not have a decent play here and there. He did. It also does not mean that he will not look better next week, he probably will. And it does not mean you pull him after one game, you don't. It means in this game he sucked, it was not an average game, it was a bad game.

I can not imagine how much crap DA would get if he had played like this in his first year of starting, oh wait he did have a few games like this in his first year and he caught hell. Only difference is that he played like this late in the season and not to start it off.

For the record I am not for benching BQ, keep him in there. You need more body of work than 4 starts. He needs a string of starts. I am just saying in this game he sucked and did nothing to help the Browns win. That has nothing to do with DA.

When I said that I was talking about the last two possessions if you read. And I did not say he did not throw over 10 yards I said he did not complete one over 10 yards. And for the entire game he only completed 4 passes that traveled over 10 yards in the air. I did watch the game and I did say that BQ did not lose the game but he most certainly did not do anything to win the game. And I does not matter that the Browns ran the ball 3 times inside the 6, I guess that could tell you how much confidence that the Coaches have in BQ getting the ball inside the endzone.

And dropped balls do not matter, that was made really clear when people talked about DA. This is the no excuse zone for QBs I seem to recall. BQ held to same standards as DA. Drops do not matter.

I still stand by that BQ looked lost until the Vikings went to a prevent defense. That does not mean he did not have a decent play here and there. He did. It also does not mean that he will not look better next week, he probably will. And it does not mean you pull him after one game, you don't. It means in this game he sucked, it was not an average game, it was a bad game.

I can not imagine how much crap DA would get if he had played like this in his first year of starting, oh wait he did have a few games like this in his first year and he caught hell. Only difference is that he played like this late in the season and not to start it off.

For the record I am not for benching BQ, keep him in there. You need more body of work than 4 starts. He needs a string of starts. I am just saying in this game he sucked and did nothing to help the Browns win. That has nothing to do with DA.

I missed the part about last two possesions, my bad. You did say the pass to Royal was the only throw that traveled 10 yards in the air ("the only pass he threw that carried more than 10 yards in the air was the throw to Royal" - no mention of completion), but I again, I missed the part about the last two possesions. Quinn did have 4 passes of 10+ yards in the air completed for the game (2 were on the final drive for CLE 14 to MoMass and 23 to Royal). The play calling there on the first and goal says nothing one way or the other about the coaching staffs confidence in Quinn in that situation. Mangini made the call to say with the wild cat on 3rd because he say MIN having the same personal on the field from the previous play. He thought it would get them in.

No drops don't matter in the big scheme. I haven't held the drops agaisnt DA (though reality is if you gave DA every drop his completion % is still well below 60%) myself. It's his lack of growth and tendancy to make critical mistake as the worst possible time repeatedly. I am simply talking about the notion that Quinn was only throwing balls short. Look at the chart for Quinn on the Plain Dealer. Quinn attempted 13 passes where the ball was in the air 10 yards or more (6 of those were 20 yards or more).

Like you said, Quinn had moments of looking lost and had decent plays here and their. Over all it was a bad game. It's the notion that it was "horrible" that I was taking to task for being excessive exagguration (not just by you but many have gone to that unneccessary extream).

DA really didn't start catching hell until the Cincy game and was given leway by most until that game. Even then DA was really getting crap for not learning from his mistakes and experiences. DA wasn't lit up by people after the OAK game in 2007. Come several weeks in if Quinn shows that same problem, he'll catch the same hell.

Quinn was bad, no question. Horrible? Nah, that's extream. That type of description is resevered for Ryan Leaf esque play and a game like Delhomme and Cutler had this past week.

hey dude...you obviously have me confused with a DA pimp...I am a Browns pimp..I am not crazy about either one...but forced to choose I'd take DA...at least he can throw the long ball

Well....you obviously had me confused with a BQ pimp. Really, I just think we need to give the guy a chance. As far as DA....I think the guy could be an excellent qb with the right coaching. Remember how bad Testeverde was before Belichik and Parcells got him? DA is very similar, in my opinion....o.k....maybe not nearly as dumb as Vinny, but still similar.

Well....you obviously had me confused with a BQ pimp. Really, I just think we need to give the guy a chance. As far as DA....I think the guy could be an excellent qb with the right coaching. Remember how bad Testeverde was before Belichik and Parcells got him? DA is very similar, in my opinion....o.k....maybe not nearly as dumb as Vinny, but still similar.

ROLF!!! DA doesn't have half the talent VT had.

His 4th qtr was great. yay.

But thru 3 qtrs he had only 72 yds passing and a passer rating in the 30's. And the O had produced 2 FGs, one by way of a botched onside kick.

Hey jackoff, where were you when DA had 5 of these games in 2008? Hiding again?? You're the last mofo that should be on here talking shit about QB play, dickweed. Are you serious with this smack shit talk?

Here let me remind you what we're missing from your star.

Last year:

vs HOU 51 YDS, yet still had time to throw an INT and FUMBLE a ball, and a QBR of 17.3

vs WAS 137 yards, and a 37.8 QBR.

vs BAL 125 yards, threw 3 INTs, and had a 22.9 QBR

vs IND 110 yards, QBR 71.1

vs PIT 166 yards, added 2 INTs, and a QBR 44.5

Dude you always were nowhere to be found after these games, and yet here you are posting multiple times an hour.

You backed a loser. Deal with it. You're an Oregon State fan you should be used to losing all the time.

Poser.

Hey jackoff, where were you when DA had 5 of these games in 2008? Hiding again?? You're the last mofo that should be on here talking shit about QB play, dickweed. Are you serious with this smack shit talk?

Here let me remind you what we're missing from your star.

Last year:

vs HOU 51 YDS, yet still had time to throw an INT and FUMBLE a ball, and a QBR of 17.3

vs WAS 137 yards, and a 37.8 QBR.

vs BAL 125 yards, threw 3 INTs, and had a 22.9 QBR

vs IND 110 yards, QBR 71.1

vs PIT 166 yards, added 2 INTs, and a QBR 44.5

Dude you always were nowhere to be found after these games, and yet here you are posting multiple times an hour.

You backed a loser. Deal with it. You're an Oregon State fan you should be used to losing all the time.

Poser.

Don't confuse Lumpdick with statistics......

ROLF!!! DA doesn't have half the talent VT had.

I don't know about that....Vinny Intercepteverde, as he was named after a few years in the NFL probably had less value than DA does at the same stage in their careers. He was only able to turn things around with the right coaching....that's a nice way of saying they had to dumb things down for him. You have to admit....there are times when DA has spurts when he impresses even his detractors. At this point, his confidenve is probably shot, and he needs a change. It's really going to suck if he leaves Cleveland, and becomes a great qb in the NFL. I could easily see that happening.

Quinn's pretty raw. He just hasn't played much, hasn't received many first team reps, hasn't had a chance to get familiarity with his teammates, and is now playing in a new offense with new coaches and a new cast around him.

Mark Sanchez was in high school when we drafted Quinn and he won a game on Sunday.

Yes, he's a QB with four starts under his belt. But it is still his responsibility to go out and win the football game and play much better than he did on Sunday.

No excuses for DA in 08, every excuse in the world for BQ in 09 ... Quinn fagdom at its best.

How bout we all agree to drop all the excuses and hold the players accountable for their performance this week.

Quinn has played well against this team, has his coach in his corner, should be used to the cast now, should be used to the speed of gamedays now, I think we have have the temperature on his water bottle just right now ... win the effing game.

Zombo

What fooking excuses?

"Quinn's pretty raw. He just hasn't played much, hasn't received many first team reps, hasn't had a chance to get familiarity with his teammates, and is now playing in a new offense with new coaches and a new cast around him."

Is it that hard to look up and see which post I am quoting?

Zombo

But it is still his responsibility to go out and win the football game and play much better than he did on Sunday.

But, but, but, but.....DA had a headache, didn't have his:

#2,

#4,

pro-bowl TE,

RT, and his

#1 WR had a hurt foot last season.

Gander, meet Mr Goose.

You're so full of shit somtimes, man. DA fags are consistent with their Pot Kettle BS.

140 pathetic yards in 6 of 9 starts, but you want me to let go of 2008? LMAO! Maybe you should read what you wrote above.

But, but, but.....DA had a headache, didn't have his #2, #3 #4, pro-bowl TE, RT, and his #1 WR had a hurt foot last season. Gander, meet Mr Goose.

You're so full of shit somtimes, man. DA fags are consistent with their Pot Kettle BS.

Umm .... yeah.

I brought up the Anderson excuses in response to the Quinn excuses.

Fair, remember?

In addition to a moratorium on excuses this week (including DA's past), I would like to propose a banishmnet of all pot/kettle goose/gander remarks.

It's called debating. You say this, I say that. You feel this way about Anderson, I feel that way about him.

You hate DA as a player ... Get it. Check.

I don't. I give him the same rope I give Quinn.

DA shit the bed in his fourth start too, and I gave him shit for it.

In his fifth start he he threw 5 TDs and won a shootout.

I'll settle for Cleveland scoring more points than Denver this week, and Quinn won't get bashed by me at all. I never bash a guy after a win ... ever.

We want the same thing. You just get a whiney baby face everytime DA is mentioned, that is the only difference between us.

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS
We want the same thing. You just get a whiney baby face everytime DA is mentioned, that is the only difference between us.

Zombo

ROFLMAO ... ain't that the truth.

For the record: I'm totally against all the fag name calling too.

I brought up the Anderson excuses in response to the Quinn excuses.

It's called debating.

You just get a whiney baby face everytime DA is mentioned, that is the only difference between us.

Riiiigggghhhht. This is like saying you lost the game so you'll just take your ball and go home. Of course we want the Browns to start winning. You just like to revise history.

My facts kind of ended this "debate" huh, Z?

Well thanks for playing, you were a good sport.

[Yes, he's a QB with four starts under his belt. But it is still his responsibility to go out and win the football game and play much better than he did on Sunday.

No excuses for DA in 08, every excuse in the world fro BQ in 09 ... Quinn fagdom at its best.

Zombo[/b]

DA in 08' was NFL starts 19~26. BQ in 09' made start 4. I'd hope you can see why there are excuses right not for Quinn and not for DA in 08'. DA was getting the same rope in 2007 at career starts 4~14 that BQ is getting now. Trying to compere the amount of leway DA didn't get in 08' to the leway Quinn is getting today is DA fagdome at its best.

Umm .... yeah.

DA shit the bed in his fourth start too, and I gave him shit for it.

In his fifth start he he threw 5 TDs and won a shootout.

You just get a whiney baby face everytime DA is mentioned, that is the only difference between us.

Zombo

DA threw the 5 TDs in his 4th start, not his 5th. DA's 5th was the OAK game in 2007.

And you get whiney everytime BQ is mentioned. So there is zero difference.

BULLSHIT. Those were the excuse made for DA IN 2007 and 2008. You just didn't start using them now.

Do you respond to everything?

The excuses are regarding the 2008 season, I hardly see how I could have said them in 2007.

I am trying to reasonable here and you guys keep proving over and over why we call you Quinn Fags. You are reactionary. you defend Quinn or bash Anderson at the drop of a hat. You blindly take your side without thinking. You respond to every thread or post where you think your guy is not getting his due.

All I say is that 2008 was a crap year for DA and everybody else involved with that offense. I don't say Quinn sucks. I don't say Anderson should start.

I say "Brady Quinn go out and win us a football game this week like I know you can do".

Not sure how this board got so twisted that that gets you pounced on.

Skippy is right ... this board got gay on Rif's watch.

Zombo

--are there at least cocktails available in this bathhouse?

Riiiigggghhhht. This is like saying you lost the game so you'll just take your ball and go home. Of course we want the Browns to start winning. You just like to revise history.

My facts kind of ended this "debate" huh, Z?

Well thanks for playing, you were a good sport.

Well let's add: "take your ball and go home" to "pot/kettle" and "goose/gander"

Where did you go to law school Mother Goose Univ.?

I love the guy that "ends" the debate by saying "I win, thanks for playing".

Guess what, I'm still here and I haven't lost anything but my lunchbreak.

Zombo

Do you respond to everything?

The excuses are regarding the 2008 season, I hardly see how I could have said them in 2007.

I am trying to reasonable here and you guys keep proving over and over why we call you Quinn Fags. You are reactionary. you defend Quinn or bash Anderson at the drop of a hat. You blindly take your side without thinking. You respond to every thread or post where you think your guy is not getting his due.

All I say is that 2008 was a crap year for DA and everybody else involved with that offense. I don't say Quinn sucks. I don't say Anderson should start.

I say "Brady Quinn go out and win us a football game this week like I know you can do".

Not sure how this board got so twisted that that gets you pounced on.

Zombo

My bad.

Carry on.

Guest ATENEARS

Zombo

I didn't say that Riff ... you can hand me a towel and spray me with colone in the spa anytime you want work.

Guest ATENEARS
Guess what. I never shut up. I do respond to everything. I enjoy it. That doesn't change the facts that you have an unhealthy love for DA because he gave you some excitement almost 2 years ago now.

I'd rather be sitting around at the bar telling stories about how I banged the blond barmaid two years ago, rather then excusing myself to the rest room to fantisize about having the Brunette in the coming years.

One's real ... one's a fantasy until you land her.

Guest ATENEARS
That's all well and good, but when that barmaid was 38 two years ago and the last two years haven't treated her well, if you are doing more than fantasizing about what happened two years ago and actually thinking she still looks as good now....well then you need help.

You must not be drinking enough beer if you don't think she's still hot.

My bad.

Carry on.

Sorry Rif, I just wanted to use the bathhouse line.

You are a HOF mod, this place got gay because of QB lust not anything you did.

My Appletini is a little dry though, and I prefer it when the towel boy wears the white #10 half shirt.

Zombo

Archived