THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn sucks and always has! Can we please put Derek Anderson back in.

joflockhart

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually he had 8.

1 vs Pitt in 2006 1 INT

2 vs Balt in 2006 2 INT

0 vs TB in 2006 4 INT

5 vs Cinn in 2007 1 INT

so that's 8/8 TD to INT ratio.

Sure 8 is better than 3. and Quinn played badly against Minn and he better show me more soon.

I understand your puppet master is all upset again and he posts before thinking when he gets this way.

but maybe he can stop lying at least.

he had three more in relief appearances vs KC and PIT

if you're interested in the TD/INT ratio it was 11/10

Quinn is livin large with his 3/3 ratio

Dudeeeee. Just Chill. During the Redskins and Giants game, Troy Aikman was talking about his first game as a starter. Dallas lost 28-0 and Aikman threw 2 picks and 0 TD's. You have to give Quinn some time. Its the O-Line that's the problem. Alex Mack looked horrible with high snaps and St.Clair was penalized like 4 times.

Anderson had 11 TDs by his 4th NFL start. Quinn has 3 TDs thru 4 starts.

With Quinn the only way the Browns have a chance is if the other team craps themselves.

Quinn is the "playing not to lose" option.

He's the QB equivalent of the prevent defense.

In DA's first 4 NFL STARTS, DA had 8 TDs, not 11 TDs. 11 TDs is after playing significant time in 6 games.

so how many more games do you think it will take Quinn to match Anderson's 11?

(keep in mind that Anderson also threw 11 more TDs in his next 5 games)

Don't know and don't care.

Maybe your scale is to compare TD stats over "x" number of starts. I am looking to see if there is progress and improvement over each start for Quinn. Something that DA didn't do. We'll see if Quinn does. If he doesn't, it's back to the draft for a QB.

Actually he had 8.

1 vs Pitt in 2006 1 INT

2 vs Balt in 2006 2 INT

0 vs TB in 2006 4 INT

5 vs Cinn in 2007 1 INT

so that's 8/8 TD to INT ratio.

Sure 8 is better than 3. and Quinn played badly against Minn and he better show me more soon.

I understand your puppet master is all upset again and he posts before thinking when he gets this way.

but maybe he can stop lying at least.

Thanks...you beat me to it.

It's been 4 games now, not 1.

And what exactly makes Quinn better than Frye? Frye was a dink n dunker as well, but he had good short accuracy.

Quinn doesn't even have that (and there's no more blaming his sore finger either)

Are you really going to go there? Can Quinn at least get his...as you say...4 starts...with one system. I believe DA at least got that...and in one season. DA got that too. Quinn just started his 4th game...yes. Only 2 of those 4 has he been completely healthy. And 3 were under the previous regime and previous offensive system. He just started his 1st game under the new offense (not counting the preseason games in which he completely outplayed your boyfriend) and, though there were mistakes made, he did not exactly look like the worst rated QB in the league from a year ago. If you want to argue that Quinn isn't the long term answer for this team, then fine...I can respect that argument. But to sit there and try to tell any of us that your boy-toy is, is just completely stupid. I won't sit here and say that Brady is going to be our QB for the next ten years. I believe he has potential to be just that, but may never pan out. But DA has had 27 starts and has clearly proved that he is NOT what we need under center. He has not panned out nor will he ever. His star in Cleveland, and possibly as a starter in the NFL anywhere, has burned out. If Brady chokes for the season after getting a legitimate shot, then I look forward to seeing Colt McCoy in a Browns uniform.

But DA has had 27 starts and has clearly proved that he is NOT what we need under center.

yeah Anderson only won 13 games, for the Cleveland Browns, and went to the pro bowl.

and he's clearly NOT the answer?

And Quinn can't win a game vs a paper bag, but you still ain't sure about him yet.

thanks for the input.

yeah Anderson only won 13 games, for the Cleveland Browns, and went to the pro bowl.

And Quinn can't win a game vs a paper bag, but you still ain't sure about him yet.

thanks for the input.

CLE won 13 games. DA went to the Pro Bowl. So have many guys who aren't actually that good.

DA is clearly not the answer. Quinn may not be either.

Since when is a SB contending team in MIN a paper bag?

Thanks for you wasted input.

And yet he still isn't starting...Imagine that...

Randy Lerner will relent soon with the Quinn edict if this keeps up. Homeboy Quinn used to have his name chanted when he sat on the bench and flexed his biceps to the crowd. Now that he's playing in the game he's driving the fans away with his ineptness. Randy may know dick about football and listens too hard to the BQ lovin crowd, but he knows an empty stadium when he sees one.

Randy's learning the hard way. The best way to make the fans happy is to win, not just to tell the coach to play their favorite QB.

Yesterday's game was the 2nd lowest attended in the last 10 years.

Good point. So all Quinn needs to do then is toss 8 TDs next sunday and he'll be on par with DA.

And Quinn needs to toss 7 INTs to be on par with DA through his first 5 starts.

But it figures Lumbergh is the only poster on this board who's happy as a pig n' shit over what happened yesterday. He woke up giving high fives and dick slaps to his Anderson poster while chanting "Soon...soon...soon my lover you will get back to a starting position!!"""

This is what went through Inspecta's mind last night as he cried himself to sleep.

thanks for the input.

13 out of how many starts? 27 or 28? That looks like a losing record to me chachi. Quinn may not be the answer and yesterday was horrible but was it any worse than the 0 td 4 int game Anderson threw up against a 4 win Tampa team in his 3rd start.

Quinn is gonna get at least half the season as the starter and all the da fans need to get used to it. Anderson isn't the long term answer, we already know that. It's time to find out what quinn can do.

thanks for the input.

Yep...He was the starting QB while the Browns won those 13 games...and while the browns lost those 14 games. And he went to the Pro Bowl when Tom Brady relented due to injury making DA the alternate able to go and look like a boy amongst men in Honolulu. But alas, he did go, I do not refute that. He went and showed the rest of the NFL exactly why the Browns missed the playoffs when they had every chance to lock it up. They lacked a true leader. DA has done nothing since then. In fact, he has won only 3 games since then, after being named the starter for 2008 with NO open competition. He was a flash in the pan. You keep arguing about defenses figuring out Quinn. Look at the obvious...DA was figured out quickly. And now he may never get another shot as a starting QB because of it. He was exposed badly and has not shown any improvement. As I and many others have said...Brady may not be the answer. But he deserves a shot. And more than a whole 4 games. Remember, your boy got 27 games. I think you can handle Quinn for at least 7-10 more this season.

13 out of how many starts? 27 or 28? That looks like a losing record to me chachi. Quinn may not be the answer and yesterday was horrible but was it any worse than the 0 td 4 int game Anderson threw up against a 4 win Tampa team in his 3rd start.

Quinn is gonna get at least half the season as the starter and all the da fans need to get used to it. Anderson isn't the long term answer, we already know that. It's time to find out what quinn can do.

Anderson won 13 of 24 starts where he was considered the team "starter" other than by default in my book. Quinn is 0 fer 1 so far, long ways to go making direct comparison.

I'm not so sure Lerner won't pull the plug on the Quinn era by game 4-6 if the Browns don't start winning.

What did you guys think??? Quinn was going to come in, and all our problems would be solved? The qb is just the tip of the iceberg, here. We need to keep Quinn in there to establish some stability. From what I've seen, I'll take him over DA anytime. This was the coach's first game......give them a little more time to figure things out. If Quinn really sucks, we will know it by game # 8, although I thought he had a lot of positive things going on yesterday. The first half of the game was solid.....ultimately, our defense wore down due to the offense going 3 and out too much. While Quinn definitely threw some bad passes, he ran the offense well. The offensive play calling kind of sucked. The Vikings are hyped to be one of the elite teams this season. If that turns out to be true, then yesterday wasn't as bad as it seems. I say we go 8 - 8 this season. We will continue to improve, but realistically, we don't have the talent to compete for 4 quarters with the top teams. Hopefully, Mangini will change that.

excuses,excuses,excuses....you are talking in paradoxes,"quinn ran the offense well" followed by "our defense wore down due to the offense going 3 and out too much"...you can't have it both ways.Quinn, a 3 year player,has no accuracy,I have also seen the excuse"well he was nervous" this guy was suppossed to be NFL ready coming outta college..I gotta hand it to you quinn fans,you're loyal,deluded,and refuse to face facts,but loyal.If this turd hasn't got it figured out by game6 then his place is the bench.

On top of that, in about a six pass span, he had a deep drop by Braylon, two crossing route drops from Royal, and a right flat drop from Furrey.

Again, I though Quinn looked off, but some of that was shit playcalling, runs on 2nd and long, and the disruption of the WildDawg. There was just no rhythm to the offense.

If Quinn is bad for several weeks, I'll be the first to say it. I openly said when he looked bad last preseason. I'm nowhere close to that point.

of course you're not shep, your mancrush runs way too deep for that

So a poster with 12 posts knows how deep Shep's mancrush runs?

come on folks

say what you want from your main sign in, or don't say it at all.

:laughs:what are you?some kinda post numbers snob?I can read...and you only have to read about 3 of shep's posts to see the adoration in his words...tell me something smartguy...did you ever only have 12 posts?Or did ya pop outta the womb with whatever number of posts ya have now?

Sure sure.

actually, I didn't come out of a womb, I was spawned.

what difference does that make?

I'm not a chicken shit who hidesbehind a fake screen name.

:laughs:hey genius...this is my main name....your are a poltroon who has no idea what the f you are talking about..mr 1700+posts...as to being spawned..shouldn't you be dead now like all the other salmon?

true enough....because the two players you mentioned actually tried to pass beyond 20 yards down the field...quinn needs enough rope to hanghimself...about 6 games worth of rope outta do it.

And Quinn tried passes beyond 20 yards. a) pass interference play B) the INT that seems to be WR/QB misque c) TD pass to Royal

Perhpas you'd rather he force it down field into coverage like the two guys I just mentioned.

Archived