THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OFFICIAL CUTS

titleist585

Guest Masters
I wouldn't celebrate too much either way on this one. If he makes the team and averages under 3 yards a carry - it's really not going to help us. I know some people thinking he's still the same back ready for 2000 yards

I would be shocked if there was a fan who thought Lewis is the same back that ran for 2000 yards or even thinks Jamal has that in him.

I agree, along with Lewis's getting older, is the manhandling of the middle and right side

of the offensive line back then, and the unimaginitive play-calling, drops by Edwards, and poor throws

by DA, especially on the shorter throws.

Give Mangini credit, imho, to see that. Furrey takes pressure off Edwards, that's a major reason the Browns

drafted Mack, we FINALLY see SCREENS being called, Quinn will start...

...and involving James Davis in the offensive backfield NOW (Thank You, Mangini ! "sniff"),

takes the pressure and attention off of Lewis.

He's lost a st.. no, lost two whole steps maybe, but he has the veteran leadership, the power,

and enough of "it" to make plays.

But I agree, having James Davis and Lewis, both in the backfield, will give

defenses fits. They will NOT know what is going to be called.

Add in Mass and Rob and Cribs and Quinn's intelligence and versatility,

defenses will worry about the new Browns offense and play calling.

No more simplistic and boring baloney.

Can't wait til the first regular season game to see it for real !

Hubbard was already on the Practice Squad once, and was on the roster last year... not sure he's allowed to be on the practice squad anymore?

Further... they have a roster spot open. Who do you think they pick up to fill it?

You have to play 6 games on the roster to not be P-Squad eligible

Archived