THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Game of the Season

TexasAg1969

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!   They ran the clock out intentionally so both teams go to the playoffs and Big Ben goes home, but the idiot Chargers called a timeout and screwed themselves into allowing a FG attempt that lost them the game. Stupid coaching is at a premium this year.

• Upvote 1

Agreeing to tie here would be so bitch made it would be unbearable for either of those teams. You play to win. If the steelers went home on a tie they would deserve it. However implying a professional team would lay down for a tie is crazy. It would be like the the Browns and the steelers agreeing to tie so they both can go. No fucking way. 

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Agreeing to tie here would be so bitch made it would be unbearable for either of those teams. You play to win. If the steelers went home on a tie they would deserve it. However implying a professional team would lay down for a tie is crazy. It would be like the the Browns and the steelers agreeing to tie so they both can go. No fucking way. 

Totally agree, you play to win the game and good on the Raiders for doing it. The Raiders were going to hand it off from the gun on the play the Chargers called the TO on. Assuming a 3yd gain, there was no way in hell the Raiders coach would try a 55 plus yarder when all he had to do was walk off the field and into the playoffs.

Brandon Staley is the worst head coach I have ever seen. Going for it from his own 18 earlier in the game is a microcosm of my statement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Dude, you should be ecstatic. I don't know what the fuck I just watched, the odds the game ends in a tie for it to come down to almost actually happening, and the game ends the way it does.  Sounds like the Steelers already have their name engraved on the Lombardi trophy or at least someone somewhere really really really wanted Ben to get one last chance at one.

Between watching the Browns screw themselves out of at least 3 wins this year then watching the end of Chargers vs Raiders. I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The Chargers have the worst head coach in all of football. An 8yr old playing Madden would make better decisions. 

And I thought Stefanski was nuts on some of those 4th and short plays... but going for it on your own 18 yard line? Nutso.   Regarding the PI that gifted the Raiders a TD? No way in hell that was a catchable ball.  

• Upvote 1

NFL does do 1 thing right.. Their game scheduling committee team, does a great job on when/where/teams to play 👍 This weekends games had to have great viewing numbers ..

Saved a great game for last of the regular season... Chargers at Raiders had it all.. Both teams smoked the Steelers this season.. so watching for the tie was just the right ending/imho..

Baker Mayfield 🧔...Start your off-season watching Herbert vs Carr.. 

Bake 
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
253 418 60.5 3,010 7.2 17 13 71 83.1

Carr
428 626 68.4 4,804 7.7 23 14 61 94.0
 here's ^^  good enough...
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

And I thought Stefanski was nuts on some of those 4th and short plays... but going for it on your own 18 yard line? Nutso.   Regarding the PI that gifted the Raiders a TD? No way in hell that was a catchable ball.  

Remember when they went for it on 4th and a mile against us on their own 28 and they got it..... 

Can you imagine if that game competitively would have ended in a tie if Carlson missed the kick though? This would have been the most epic final week of the NFL ever if it did. Wondering what may happen up there in Indy - that was an epic collapse on so many fronts. Reich and Ballard (their GM) and pretty revered, but that meltdown is 'head on a spike' level bad. 

Obviously have to give to the Steelers for making it to the dance, but man - watching Big Ben look like a dude playing pick up games is incredible that they are even in the position. I can't for the life of understand why anyone, any time, would play a scheme that doesn't involve a heavy box 95% of the time. on that 4th down play in overtime, the Ravens had two safety high look with them already being 15 ish yards off the ball. On the snap, they back pedaled on 4th and 8th. Just incredible.

10 minutes ago, Kegeratorz said:

Wentz has to go, it was a nice experiment but it didn't work.

It's funny, Wentz and Indy are in an eerily similar situation to the Browns. The contract situation is a little different (the Colts could save $13 million) but dead cap for cutting him outright would be $15 million. Additionally, they surrendered a 1st and 3rd round pick to scoop him up. Even down to injuries, missing games with COVID, etc the two guys are very linked together. I'm just not sure (like Cleveland) the alternative is any better than trying to upgrade, hope injuries don't creep up, and get better.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

It's funny, Wentz and Indy are in an eerily similar situation to the Browns. The contract situation is a little different (the Colts could save $13 million) but dead cap for cutting him outright would be $15 million. Additionally, they surrendered a 1st and 3rd round pick to scoop him up. Even down to injuries, missing games with COVID, etc the two guys are very linked together. I'm just not sure (like Cleveland) the alternative is any better than trying to upgrade, hope injuries don't creep up, and get better.

So you are better off having no one (in essence searching for someone) rather than paying too much for average to below average QB play. 

Cautionary tale with plenty of examples over the past half decade or so. 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

NFL does do 1 thing right.. Their game scheduling committee team, does a great job on when/where/teams to play 👍 This weekends games had to have great viewing numbers ..

Saved a great game for last of the regular season... Chargers at Raiders had it all.. Both teams smoked the Steelers this season.. so watching for the tie was just the right ending/imho..

Baker Mayfield 🧔...Start your off-season watching Herbert vs Carr.. 

Bake 
253 418 60.5 3,010 7.2 17 13 71 83.1

Carr
428 626 68.4 4,804 7.7 23 14 61 94.0
 here's ^^  good enough...

BTW, Watching Herbert in the 4th quarter with the throws he was making... I couldn't help but think that's what a top franchise quarterback looks like. The 2021 edition of Baker?  Not so much...   :(  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

BTW, Watching Herbert in the 4th quarter with the throws he was making... I couldn't help but think that's what a top franchise quarterback looks like. The 2021 edition of Baker?  Not so much...   :(  

2 years of good Baker.. 2 years of bad Baker.. You all can have fun talking Baker.. I'm done talking/reading and or posting till next camp season.. the end

I have had much success fantasy drafting Herbert along with Eckler several seasons..  Watching Herbert coming out of Oregon? Was same in my view of watching a Andrew Luck coming out of Stanford.. They just have a knack of seeing where to lead receiver's to go get ball 🏈.. or nobody else 👍 The Herbert whip'it dart between 2 defenders late.. That's what the clutch do..  

• Upvote 1

As long as he's a Brown.. Baker is my QB...I expect him to come roaring back next season with an even bigger chip on his shoulder...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

So you are better off having no one (in essence searching for someone) rather than paying too much for average to below average QB play. 

Cautionary tale with plenty of examples over the past half decade or so. 

It's definitely a tough exercise in how to navigate the Browns and Colts situations vs "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality in finding a new guy at QB.

Jared Goff and Jimmy G both went to a Super Bowl recently. I think a healthy Baker Mayfield (or Wentz, candidly) have this ceiling in them if the pieces around are fit perfectly. Honestly, the Browns are in a perfectly good 'make or break' contract with Mayfield. He's not going to request a new contract, and the Browns don't have to give him one. I agree though that Wentz is a big time cautionary tale on not giving the bag too early.

17 hours ago, nickers said:

As long as he's a Brown.. Baker is my QB...I expect him to come roaring back next season with an even bigger chip on his shoulder...

I'd agree, just add "after he deletes his Twitter" after the word "shoulder" 😂

All QB's not named Brady and Mahomes need things to fit perfectly in order for them to be champions... What part of "It's a team game" do you people NOT understand?

5 hours ago, nickers said:

All QB's not named Brady and Mahomes need things to fit perfectly in order for them to be champions... What part of "It's a team game" do you people NOT understand?

Even then, Brady had Gronk, and now Godwin, and Mahomes has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.....

• Upvote 1

Staley fucked up big time but.....The Raiders HC attempting the FG is the worst coaching call I think I have ever seen. He literally took his teams chances of being in the playoffs from 100% guaranteed to less than that and that is beyond stupid 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:08 PM, LondonBrown said:

Staley fucked up big time but.....The Raiders HC attempting the FG is the worst coaching call I think I have ever seen. He literally took his teams chances of being in the playoffs from 100% guaranteed to less than that and that is beyond stupid 

I think ole Huey was calling in the decisions to both sides.🤣

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think ole Huey was calling in the decisions to both sides.🤣

I'll 1\2 agree with Vagitron's comment you play to win. But if the Raiders had that FG miss or get blocked, coach would have been ridden out of Vegas on a rail.  BTW, Cynthia Freelund has the Steeler's chances at winning the Super Bowl at 0.3% (Raiders only slightly better). :D 

I really will hate rooting for "That Team Down South" Saturday, but those Rovin' Radurs need to be sent packing ASAP.     

• Upvote 1