THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2022 1st Round Pick

Dutch Oven

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Who knows, another Aggie maybe?? A WR? Or Miss St. ROT Charles Cross?

https://www.drafttek.com/2022-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2022-Page-1.asp

https://walterfootball.com/draft2022.php

I'm really hoping Conklin recovers enough to shore up that R side so we can go either Leal or a WR. Notice that Leal is rated higher in 5T over 3T DE by drafttek.

At the 13th overall pick, I've got eight WRs and DEs to possibly choose from. As the process goes a few might fall off - too much of a reach for such a high pick - but here they are:

DE George Karlaftis 6'4, 275 Purdue
DE Arnold Ebiketie 6'3, 256 Penn State
DE David Ojabo 6'5, 250 TTUN

WR Garrett Wilson 6'0, 192 Ohio State
WR Chris Olave 6'1, 188 Ohio State
WR Jameson Williams 6'2, 189 Alabama
WR Treylon Burks 6'3, 225 Arkansas
WR Drake London 6'5, 210 USC

I'd go first round WR second round IDL third round DE.

The performance of the 2021 draft class was pretty great.. but we do have holes to fill against the good teams and most of those holes were created by the opposing team's OL.

First-round pick isn't far enough -- second and third round are starters also.  Or at least should be.

Note that the guy we all thought we wanted in 2020 rd3 -Baron Browning- appears to be clueless in the passD game even with his athleticism.. so that would've been a miss of a pick also.  Apparently the best performing of the players still on the board at the pick of Schwartz have been C Meinerz [DEN], WR Amon-Ra [DET], CB Elijah Molden [TEN].  Of course RB michael carter [NYJ] is good but that wouldn't have happened.

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Camp Best Wide Receiver Available.

There, I'm done talking about the draft til April.

Z

Lol, I'm not big on draft talk either.

How about 2022 way-to-early road trip talk? Woof.

Screenshot_20220109-203719~2.png

Am I happy they beat the Bengals?  Yes!  Am I sad that they beat the Bengals?  Yes.  We coulda' had a better draft slot.  :(

But worst of all, it's OUR FAULT that the Steelers are in the playoffs.  They suck.  And we lost to them twice.  :(

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Am I happy they beat the Bengals?  Yes!  Am I sad that they beat the Bengals?  Yes.  We coulda' had a better draft slot.  :(

But worst of all, it's OUR FAULT that the Steelers are in the playoffs.  They suck.  And we lost to them twice.  :(

According to the stuffed shirts on TV, we went from 12th to 13th with the “W” against the Bungles.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

According to the stuffed shirts on TV, we went from 12th to 13th with the “W” against the Bungles.

using the same numbers.... ^^^ this is correct ^^

draft slots are not a gm's issue.. personnel where picked becomes the issue 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Lol, I'm not big on draft talk either.

How about 2022 way-to-early road trip talk? Woof.

Screenshot_20220109-203719~2.png

Hmmm.. I'm hoping covid is a non-issue when September rolls around.   So to continue my bucket list road trips....  

BILLS, FALCONS, WASHINGTON...   All within reasonable driving distance of Dayton.  (I've yet to visit Pittsburgh and Baltimore also)  

DOLPHINSPANTHERSTEXANS (TWICE) been there, done that.    

Covid royally screwed me out of trips to Dallas and New York..  :( Would have considered Green Bay this year, if it hadn't been on Christmas Day.  

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hmmm.. I'm hoping covid is a non-issue when September rolls around.   So to continue my bucket list road trips....  

BILLS, FALCONS, WASHINGTON...   All within reasonable driving distance of Dayton.  (I've yet to visit Pittsburgh and Baltimore also)  

DOLPHINSPANTHERSTEXANS (TWICE) been there, done that.    

Covid royally screwed me out of trips to Dallas and New York..  :( Would have considered Green Bay this year, if it hadn't been on Christmas Day.  

I've only been to Buffalo, Indianapolis (Hoosier Dome), Houston (NRG stadium), Arizona ( Glendale), & Dallas (Jerry's stadium).

Of those places, the tailgate scene is only like ours in Buffalo. The others were fun just a different vibe. The Dallas fans really don't start arriving til 2 hours ahead of time, which I thought was weird.

The Carolina game could be my next trip, but like you said, it's a wait & see.

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah.  I just sat down and looked at the NFL standings and I guess the only team we would've leap frogged would be Baltimore.  So, not much damage by winning.  Until April when those friggin' Ratbirds will pick who we wanted.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns will have the #13 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Bama's LT Evan Neal is a legit top 5 pick..

Sickening feeling watching Jameson Williams missing the rest of the NC game..

1) showed the shake to get off LOS

2) showed the extending hands catching ball over the middle

3) showed the separation speed flying down the seam to his final catch..

Man... ya just hope Jay Will gets some good injury news 🤞

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Bama's LT Evan Neal is a legit top 5 pick..

Sickening feeling watching Jameson Williams missing the rest of the NC game..

1) showed the shake to get off LOS

2) showed the extending hands catching ball over the middle

3) showed the separation speed flying down the seam to his final catch..

Man... ya just hope Jay Will gets some good injury news 🤞

Williams going down was the key to the loss. You can't lose your two best receivers that you used to beat Georgia earlier and expect to beat that defense again. Way too many receiver drops for Bama to compete.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Williams going down was the key to the loss. You can't lose your two best receivers that you used to beat Georgia earlier and expect to beat that defense again. Way too many receiver drops for Bama to compete.

Sorry, tough to lose your top two WRs due to injury...  But I have no love for Alabama anymore with their run of National Championships.  Saban a great Coach? That program recruits itself.... They routinely reject 5 stars that go on to be studs at other programs.  BTW THE Ohio State University managed to beat Utah with their top two WRs sitting out the Rose Bowl game getting ready for the combine, that is- if they even bother to show up for that....  :(  

And to expound a little Tex ... Borrowing one of Cal's  arguments.  That little twerp Alabama Heisman winning qb sure can look great with a couple great WR receivers,  stud running backs, and an NFL worthy caliber o-line, playing against inferior competition.  He met his match today against an eqally talented Georgia team. Woof, woof.  :D

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

And to expound a little Tex ... Borrowing one of Cal's  arguments.  That little twerp Alabama Heisman winning qb sure can look great with a couple great WR receivers,  stud running backs, and an NFL worthy caliber o-line, playing against inferior competition.  He met his match today against an eqally talented Georgia team. Woof, woof.  :D

The earlier SEC Championship game looked far different.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry, tough to lose your top two WRs due to injury...  But I have no love for Alabama anymore with their run of National Championships.  Saban a great Coach? That program recruits itself.... They routinely reject 5 stars that go on to be studs at other programs.  BTW THE Ohio State University managed to beat Utah with their top two WRs sitting out the Rose Bowl game getting ready for the combine, that is- if they even bother to show up for that....  :(  

And Utah is not Georgia. That game last night showed why I call the SEC NFL Jr. The power in the lines and overall speed of both teams showed how they are loaded with NFL level talent. 

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Williams going down was the key to the loss. You can't lose your two best receivers that you used to beat Georgia earlier and expect to beat that defense again.

Way too many receiver drops for Bama to compete.

Feared & looks of a ACL injury for Williams? MRI today..hope I'm wrong..

Some have John Metchie falling down to the 50's as a prospect... I'm not buying that one

Happy for Kirby Smart.. Those were the same dawgs, I remember seeing, but for 1 bowl game..

a lot of 6 man protection fronts. Bennett got a xtra tick to work with.. Picked on Jobe's missing side..

I thought the dawgs FG block was a huge turning point..

ugly edit... 

nothing confirmed as of 6 pm..

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/11/jameson-williams-injury-santonio-holmes-blames-turf-lucas-oil-stadium

dammit but Jordan Davis is a giant of a man.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-lineman-jordan-davis-wins-130000636.html

and here's Davis talking about not being in good conditioning the last time...

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/jordan-davis-georgia-conditioning-alabama/590028

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The earlier SEC Championship game looked far different.

And Utah is not Georgia. That game last night showed why I call the SEC NFL Jr. The power in the lines and overall speed of both teams showed how they are loaded with NFL level talent. 

1) Hard to beat a quality team twice in a row.  Georgia was the better team based on the entire season, with the SEC Championship game the outlier. Their scores against common opponents says so. 

2) True dat. Ohio State is right up there with the SEC in recruiting power. As was mentioned in the  Rose Bowl game,  State could pull 5 star wide receivers out of the closet. Do you remember a guy by the name of Joe Burrow had to transfer to LSU because he was sunk on the quarterback depth chart at OSU? OK, big coaching mistake there. :D In a way it's sad, that the rich get richer. There's only a handful of schools anymore who can harbor National title aspirations every year.  

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Feared & looks of a ACL injury for Williams? MRI today..hope I'm wrong..

Some have John Metchie falling down to the 50's as a prospect... I'm not buying that one

Happy for Kirby Smart.. Those were the same dawgs, I remember seeing, but for 1 bowl game..

a lot of 6 man protection fronts. Bennett got a xtra tick to work with.. Picked on Jobe's missing side..

I thought the dawgs FG block was a huge turning point..

ugly edit...  nothing confirmed as of 1 pm..

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/11/jameson-williams-injury-santonio-holmes-blames-turf-lucas-oil-stadium

Yeah assuming he did blow is ACL, you have to wonder how that will affect his draft stock? Out of the first round? He certainly won't be able to do anything at the Combine, short of interviews. Any team that drafts him will have to do so knowing he's not playing in 2022.  

I'm old enough to remember back in the olden days prior to advanced orthopedic surgery NFL guys played their entire careers minus an ACL... Used to be called a "trick knee". 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, Dutch Oven said:

At the 13th overall pick, I've got eight WRs and DEs to possibly choose from. As the process goes a few might fall off - too much of a reach for such a high pick - but here they are:

DE George Karlaftis 6'4, 275 Purdue
DE Arnold Ebiketie 6'3, 256 Penn State
DE David Ojabo 6'5, 250 TTUN

WR Garrett Wilson 6'0, 192 Ohio State
WR Chris Olave 6'1, 188 Ohio State
WR Jameson Williams 6'2, 189 Alabama
WR Treylon Burks 6'3, 225 Arkansas
WR Drake London 6'5, 210 USC

At this point I think I’d love either Burks or London. Big bodies guys who can catch. Perhaps in the 3rd I would look for a smaller speedy receiver.