Just now, Dutch Oven said:

They might next year.

No one will expect much from them now. 

Seems better that way. We can’t handle high expectations 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

They might next year.

No one will expect much from them now. 

Plus it can’t be stated enough that if the ravens win today, we officially end up last in the division. That means we line up to play the Jags and broncos instead of say the chargers. Those sorts of things can matter a lot.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Plus it can’t be stated enough that if the ravens win today, we officially end up last in the division. That means we line up to play the Jags and broncos instead of say the chargers. Those sorts of things can matter a lot.

Giants or Washington Nameless Team too. 

Giants are cluster now and I have no idea what they do at QB. 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

I just don’t get how if you’re playing the Steelers you’d have any high safety more than 12 yards off the ball. Two conversions on simple routes with safeties 15-17 yards off the ball for the ravens. Browns did the same thing, it’s just baffling.

Yep.  

Smoke and mirrors and TJ Watt this year for that team.  

28 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Going to ot in balt

One of the Steelers players took a swing at a Baltimore player on the sidelines, no call. I guess the the football gods have decided the universe hasn't had enough of Big Jen's face in the playoffs. They aren't even hiding it anymore😟

17 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I just don’t get how if you’re playing the Steelers you’d have any high safety more than 12 yards off the ball. Two conversions on simple routes with safeties 15-17 yards off the ball for the ravens. Browns did the same thing, it’s just baffling.

The rapist can’t throw a fastball anymore. He is all check down or lollipop down the field throws

21 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The rapist can’t throw a fastball anymore.

And yet we found a way to lose to him.

Huzzah, we beat the Bengals - and lost ourselves a few draft spots in the process.  Think I'd rather have Wilson for longevity bc Davis at 340  - unless his heart [not passion, his actual cardio] is like vita vea - not sure he can sustain that work rate for many seasons..

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have concerns about most DTackles in the top half of the first round, almost always. 

Unless it’s a Warren Sapp or Aaron Donald type, I’d pass on DT that high

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I have concerns about Davis - especially in the high 1st round.

I looked into this a lot for my stupid mock draft. Jordan Davis is a NT, who can still move, but....

he is 2" taller than Haloti Ngata, and the same weight. I guessed the the Browns would pick 13th maybe, and Wilson would be gone...

but the more I read about Leal - he is special. Too bad Davis won't be there in the second round....

18 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Unless it’s a Warren Sapp or Aaron Donald type, I’d pass on DT that high

Right... you and tia pretty much nailed it. 

It's rare to get DTackles that are really good in both defending the run and creating a pass rush, so if the DTackle you take high ends up being 'eh' in one of those departments, you've used a high first on a player that is off the field A LOT. 

41 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's rare to get DTackles that are really good in both defending the run and creating a pass rush, so if the DTackle you take high ends up being 'eh' in one of those departments, you've used a high first on a player that is off the field A LOT. 

I forgot Gerard “Big Money” Warren.  Maybe we have better luck this time.

Anyway, Tomorrow night I’ll be watching Davis. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree. You can’t draft a part time player in the 1st round 

So, the game:  It was a win.  A win is a win.  But it was not against all of the Bengals best players.  At times you could see Bengals players playing not to get hurt.

Case Keenum managed the game nicely, save that int in the end zone.

D'E got a hundred twenty three.  I wonder where he'll be playing next year.  We're gonna miss him.  I'm happy for him that he got to shine when he got to play.  

Landry had 6 catches for 75 yards.  We need him!  But his contract is for too much money.  But we need him...

Clowney had 2 tackles and Myles only one.  But all 3 were for sacks.  I'd like to keep those two complimenting each other.

LB'er Phillips got sucked in and beat for a TD.  But he had a sack and led the team in tackles.  I'm not sure what to make of him.  He doesn't play a whole lot...because he's injured a whole lot.

Schwartz dropped a perfect pass for a 1st down.  The season's over and I'm not sure what to make of him either.

Higgins didn't get into the game.  I'm sure of what to make of him.  I'm sure that we need to upgrade our receiver room such that we don't need to have him on the roster any more.

It would be unfair to compare Baker to Keenum in this game.  But who said life is fair.  Keenum had a rating of 102.1.  Baker hasn't seen numbers like that in a while.  

It was a fairly enjoyable game to watch.  Especially since it was on regular TV and I could watch it at my daughter's house during my grandson's 6th birthday party.......while eating pizza, taco soup, calzones and doughnut birthday cake.  LOL

• Upvote 1

Landry is.. not fast and makes up for it by not being quick either.  He was a good slot guy many years ago - now he's a solid WR3/4 but not a starter... and his salary should reflect that.  Landry is scheduled for 16.6 next season - even 1.5 against the cap if cut, which i'm 97% sure will happen.  Landry is so overpaid that there's no way to "restructure" other than to take that same amount and spread over the next 3 years to make it 4 and change a year.. still overpaid to the point that I wonder if it's livable.  Even 4M is the salary of a starter at WR or CB, which he most definitely is not.  Seriously: You can bump him and cover him with a UDFA.. he never was athletic, he was all effort and technique and once his elite change-of-direction left he as a rostered person is barely NFL-level even with your most optimistic orange-colored glasses.