THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Ravens Game Thread: Nov 28

Dutch Oven

While we typically lineup and pound teams and 17 runs in a close game is not acceptable Screens/counters/end arounds would have been nice last night to offset the Ravens downhill pressure.   We had a screen setup beautifully that Baker fumbled away I didn’t believe we went back to that.

The problem was two fold- Baker is not seeing the field well (that’s kind of who he is- injury or no injury) and the WRs were not getting separation.  That is almost a perfect storm for passing incompetence.  But I thought we did a decent job pass protecting. 

after 12 games do we know who we are? 

Baker is hurt and the WRs aren’t great….I think our three headed monster in the backfield should be the focal point - ball in their hands whether it’s run/pass or trick play. 

Joe Woods and defense were spectacular.  If they can consistently give us something close to that with the ball primarily given to our three backs- that is what we have and who we are right now and how we can win.

45 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah... That great Defense that couldnt stop the run last night...

No.

I don’t care for Joe and his scheme but both Joe and defense did a GREAT job last night. 

He’s blitzing a little on 3rd and long too.  

Lamar is a dynamic playmaker and he was not only  held in check but we beat him (four turnovers).  That’s a good offense on the road that we held in check.

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

We had an elite receiver and Stefanski didn't know how to use him. You think some rookie is going to transform the WR room next season? Baker is not elite, isn't he now 2-8 on game winning drives?

Beckham was not a fit. He was a  "me first" guy. This is not the way this team is built. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

If you would've been told before the game that with Chubb, Hunt and the o-line healthy and together for the first time in weeks, the Browns would run the ball a total of 15 times, I'm guessing (at least I would've thought this) that you would instantly think the Browns fell behind big and did so quickly, forcing them out of their game and into a catchup plan.

I don't think anyone is saying that they should've "run 60% of the time with multiple 3 and outs" - at least I'm not, but are you able to honestly tell me that you believe Stef tried to get any establishment of the running game and the LOS last night?

Also, for everyone OK with the lack of rushing attempts and since the Raven's defense did something so magical and innovative last night that no team has ever done in the history of the game, and you are completely satisfied with the 15 rushes from the #1 rushing team in the league, then what is your limit? Should they have rushed just 10 times? 7? 3? "Fuck it all, there are 8 men there, let's just pass every snap".

^ It's a serious question. I mean if you are happy with less than 4 rushes per quarter from the league's top rushing team in a low scoring, 1 score game, then you would probably be happy with even less, so what's everyone's number before even you would finally say "WTF Stef?"

Sweet jesus, you just don't get it. Yes, we are a run first team and we hope to run the ball 30-40 times a game because we have the best 1-2 punch in the league. Sometimes, the other team's defense is just better and you have to abandon the run and throw because that is what the defense is giving you. We can't throw because our quarterback is a bottom 10 quarterback right now. 

You don't keep running the ball when the Ravens have 2-3 guys swarming Chubb and Hunt at the point of the handoff. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Beckham was not a fit. He was a  "me first" guy. This is not the way this team is built. 

Besides I think uh-OBJ might have been slightly to more than slightly damaged goods when he left NY and was so happy to be coming to another team........ just a hunch but who knows.

And his attitude both here and elsewhere like celebrating with the LSU guys with handfuls of $100s shows his lack of character.

Just my opinion of course.  ;)

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Don't want to hijack the thread but other than demanding out because he wasn't being used properly when else was he "me first" with the Browns? This offense needs an elite receiver but isn't designed to keep one happy, same thing happened with Diggs in Minnesota. Stefanski should've modified his playbook like Shannahan does to keep him happy until we really needed him like now and in the playoffs. No we see how shitty our receivers are now that they're drawing the coverage Beckham used to receive.

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Besides I think uh-OBJ might have been slightly to more than slightly damaged goods when he left NY and was so happy to be coming to another team........ just a hunch but who knows.

And his attitude both here and elsewhere like celebrating with the LSU guys with handfuls of $100s shows his lack of character.

Just my opinion of course.  ;)

All the little Woke faggot cares about is money and nothing else... You are right...

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

Don't want to hijack the thread but other than demanding out because he wasn't being used properly when else was he "me first" with the Browns? This offense needs an elite receiver but isn't designed to keep one happy, same thing happened with Diggs in Minnesota. Stefanski should've modified his playbook like Shannahan does to keep him happy until we really needed him like now and in the playoffs. No we see how shitty our receivers are now that they're drawing the coverage Beckham used to receive.

Just because a guy has elite talent doesn't mean we have to put up with his shit. There are divas over the years like Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, all elite but drama queens. Then there are guys like Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and DeAndre Hopkins to name a few who are elite and don't have the baggage. Beckham had a few drops here so it's like it was warranted to put up with him. We need a Nick Chubb at #1 WR, someone who is humble and doesn't complain about work load.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You aren't a very happy person, are you nickers? 

Turn that frown upside down, buddy! 

I'm happy as hell... I just hate assholes like that woke little blowhard... In fact.. Anybody that knows me knows I laugh at everything and everybody... It's rare that I don't wear a smile on my face... It's the best gift you can give a person.. I encourage people to try it... My life is far from perfect... But I don't waste time dwelling on the negatives.. Lifes too short Man!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm happy as hell... I just hate assholes like that woke little blowhard... In fact.. Anybody that knows me knows I laugh at everything and everybody... It's rare that I don't wear a smile on my face... It's the best gift you can give a person.. I encourage people to try it... My life is far from perfect... But I don't waste time dwelling on the negatives.. Lifes too short Man!

Oh it is very obvious by your consistently well-thought out posts that you do not "dwell on the negatives".

You are a ray of sunshine, nickers! 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The wheels have come off this season. 

i mean fuck are D had a helluva game yesterday even bakers stats were better than lamars and in fact he throws up 2 pass's that were just prayers and both got caught one for a t.d 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh it is very obvious by your consistently well-thought out posts that you do not "dwell on the negatives".

You are a ray of sunshine, nickers! 

And you are a typical phony bullshitter...

9 hours ago, nickers said:

And you are a typical phony bullshitter...

I was going to suggest that you two get a room....... but I know a kidder when I see one.   ;) 

Oh well no BROWNS game on now "we"  have to talk about something.  

GO BROWNS !

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

i mean fuck are D had a helluva game yesterday even bakers stats were better than lamars and in fact he throws up 2 pass's that were just prayers and both got caught one for a t.d 

...in taking a step back......we've come a long way......we used to get trounced by everyone....we expected it....we knew it was going to happen.....and now, we're pissed that we lost to one of the best teams in the league.  We have come a long way.  But there is more work to do.  We have to replace OBJ with a true #1 receiver...and probably not stop there with the WR room.

We're pretty much done for this year.  We almost made it to December......but it used to be October, when we were 'done for this year'.

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Not happy to be the first to post this but let's face realities.

Conklin out for season with patella tendon tear, surgery is scheduled

Patella tendon attaches kneecap to shinbone.. tearing this is one of the worst injuries.  This is career-threatening for Conklin.

Not good for anyone anytime.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Patella tendon attaches kneecap to shinbone.. tearing this is one of the worst injuries.  This is career-threatening for Conklin.

Prayers for Conklin, hopefully he makes it back, but as said above this is a really bad injury. Remember LeCharles Bentley? The Pro Bowl center/guard who signed with the Browns, tore his patellar tendon and never played football again. A staph infection was involved, but he was only 26 at the time. I had to dig it up on wikipedia as a refresher: 

"Bentley signed with the Cleveland Browns in 2006,[5] and was regarded by ESPN as the top-rated free agent. However, Bentley tore his patellar tendon on the first play of the team's first 11-on-11 training camp session on July 27, and missed the entire 2006 season.[5] He underwent four total operations, including two to clean out a staph infection that ate away at the tendon, in addition to a virus that became severe enough that doctors considered amputating his leg.[6]

ESPN reported on July 23, 2007 that Bentley had been cleared to play and would be reporting to training camp. Bentley said that his knee was "70 percent" and thought it would improve upon the start of the 2007 campaign,[7] but he would again miss the entire season. In December, the Browns reduced Bentley's $36-million contract from six years to three and his salary to the NFL minimum $605,000, with incentives to reach $4 million.[citation needed]

On June 10, 2008, nearly two years after his injury, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that Bentley had passed his team physical and was cleared to return to the practice field,[8] but the following day, the Browns granted his request to be released.[9]

Upon his release, teams such as Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle expressed varying degrees of interest in Bentley.[10] However, he was not signed to a team for the 2008 season.

After spending the 2008 season out of football, Bentley announced in January 2009 that he was no longer attempting to return to the NFL, and would start a career in Cleveland media."

10 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Sweet jesus, you just don't get it. Yes, we are a run first team and we hope to run the ball 30-40 times a game because we have the best 1-2 punch in the league. Sometimes, the other team's defense is just better and you have to abandon the run and throw because that is what the defense is giving you. We can't throw because our quarterback is a bottom 10 quarterback right now. 

You don't keep running the ball when the Ravens have 2-3 guys swarming Chubb and Hunt at the point of the handoff. 

Well, do you have  a offense that is playing 8 defense in the box all night against you to neutralize Chubb and Hunt Stef?   

5 hours ago, ATOM said:

so wtf with Hunts dad tweeting that  baker is scared to throw the ball ?

Because it's true?  Baker is sucking, and the boo bird chorus has reached deafening levels.  

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I was going to suggest that you two get a room....... but I know a kidder when I see one.   ;) 

Oh well no BROWNS game on now "we"  have to talk about something.  

GO BROWNS !

I just call them as I see'um.. Sue me...

On 11/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

4 INTs and holding Baltimore to 16. Lamar 4 YPC and freeman 3.3 YPC.  I’ll take that effort.

Last time a team won after 4 turnovers...2013

16 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

oh, no. Ultimate weight bearing tendon, I think. Could threaten to end his career depending on how bad, maybe. or not. Violent game. Hope he comes back.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, no. Ultimate weight bearing tendon, I think. Could threaten to end his career depending on how bad, maybe. or not. Violent game. Hope he comes back.

Maybe they rushed him back in too soon.. But I'll say this... Our strength and conditioning program has to be the worst in the league

On 11/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

I   bet they march right down the field and score a TD now. Hey if I am wrong i will go away 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

Exactly that is all on the coach he WAS coach of the year now he needs to go he does not have control over this team ,

I went away for a while but I can't stop bitching I will tone it down some 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

Worse D in the NFL by far. We have Myles that is it Clowney has not done jack we have Ward, so we have 2 guys on D and as someone already said we are the laughing stock and most of that comes from having too many men on the field 2 plays in a row and gave them a first, That is on the coach he needs fired after the game 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

Worse D in the NFL now you watch we will go 3 and out or turn it over, We will NOT score a TD this game we will be lucky to get another fg attempt, TBH I hope we get blown out that is the ONLY way they will fire this pathetic coach He is supposed to get these guys ready to play Our d would give up a TD om 4th and goal from the 50 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

I left for a while but seeing this piss poor play my girl told me she didn't want to hear me bitch about it or she will shut it off so I have to cry to you guys 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:34 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

I been with the Browns since the 70s I am not going no where I just like to be Negative 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:40 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

When have i ever said I was leaving the browns? I never said that in my life, I said I was leaving the board for a few.

I bleed Brown and Orange i been here for red right 88 I was at the game for the Drive I still remember the fumble and the Move so fuck off 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:50 PM, Browns fan 1977 said:

I never promised I said I would leave and I did leave for most of the  first half, 

Dear mighty footballs Gods 🧙‍♂️ 

May we never be seated in the same section as this ___________ . Opposite End-zone's please...

Find yourselves lucky.. I started with over 15 of this ____________ post.. I'll save you from it's* Punter & Kickers post

Im sorry guardian angel  lol

and don't bother replying back...I'll be joining your 'on ignore' fan club..

Welcome Bye Week !

• Thanks 1