THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Ravens

Orion

Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 157 1st 223 22nd 28th 101 10th 215 9th 4th -1
Ravens 151 4th 271 14th 31st 89 2nd 281 29th 20th -5

This doesn't look to be a particularly good matchup for us.  The Ravens run the ball just as effectively as we do...just a little bit differently.  But they're run D is 2nd to none.  (well, 2nd to one).  Where they are vulnerable is through the air...and...wouldn't ya know it...no longer a strong suite for us.  

37 minutes ago, Orion said:
  Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 157 1st 223 22nd 28th 101 10th 215 9th 4th -1
Ravens 151 4th 271 14th 31st 89 2nd 281 29th 20th -5

This doesn't look to be a particularly good matchup for us.  The Ravens run the ball just as effectively as we do...just a little bit differently.  But they're run D is 2nd to none.  (well, 2nd to one).  Where they are vulnerable is through the air...and...wouldn't ya know it...no longer a strong suite for us.  

Bitch please.

They are vulnerable to the pass rush, and we have the best pass rusher in the world.

No one runs as well as us when Chubb and Hunt are healthy behind that line. No one.

And I am so sick of you guys ragging on Baker, this is the first time he will have both of his starting tackles healthy since the first quarter of the first game, and Hunt is our most important receiver and a qbs best friend.

Sit back and remember why we love Baker.

Z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Zombo said:

They are vulnerable to the pass rush, and we have the best pass rusher in the world.

Yes, they take a lot of sacks.  What we haven't seen from Myles this year is a strip sack.  He's about due for one.  

I am so sick of you guys ragging on Baker,

It's not all on Baker.  Probably has something to do with his lot of 5th and 6th round pick receivers (Higgins, DPJ & Felton).  And Schwartz not showing much this rookie season (he's out of this game with a concussion).  DPJ is someone that we all had/have high hopes for.  An excellent pre season...but tougher sledding against the starting corners of the league.  Plus, he keeps hurting himself...wouldn't be surprised if he's out for this game too.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, Zombo said:

Bitch please.

No one runs as well as us when Chubb and Hunt are healthy behind that line. No one.

And I am so sick of you guys ragging on Baker, this is the first time he will have both of his starting tackles healthy since the first quarter of the first game, and Hunt is our most important receiver and a qbs best friend.

Z

He was trash tonight, again. Looking forward to hearing the weekly Baker apology.

6 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

He was trash tonight, again. Looking forward to hearing the weekly Baker apology.

The entire offense struggled, I assure you he's doing his best, what do you suggest we do, take him out back and shoot him?

Z

• Upvote 1

Yeah and how about the pass catchers that let him and the team down... Bitch please!

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming that Higgins was a healthy scratch?

Just like the above numbers showed, they stuffed our run, because they're real good at it.  And we couldn't take advantage of their weak pass D because we're not good at that. 

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm assuming that Higgins was a healthy scratch?

Just like the above numbers showed, they stuffed our run, because they're real good at it.  And we couldn't take advantage of their weak pass D because we're not good at that. 

I've got no fucking clue about what's going on in the receiver corps.

WSS 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

The entire offense struggled, I assure you he's doing his best, what do you suggest we do, take him out back and shoot him?

Z

His best is not good enough. He is so rattled from his injuries that he looks like Charlie fucking Frye out there when he realizes his first read isn't open. My suggestion was to shut him down after his week 2 injury so that he wouldn't get more injured. 

21 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

His best is not good enough. He is so rattled from his injuries that he looks like Charlie fucking Frye out there when he realizes his first read isn't open. My suggestion was to shut him down after his week 2 injury so that he wouldn't get more injured. 

Well we didn't do that.

So send in your resume when Stefanski's job opens up since you have all the answers.

Z

3 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Piss off. I don't want Stefanski fired, but he really needs to get his shit together. 

You piss off. You quoted me, Bud. If bitching makes you feel better, fine, but I'm not really interested in hearing you whine.

Z

On 11/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, Zombo said:

Bitch please.

Z

On 11/27/2021 at 8:32 PM, Orion said:

t's not all on Baker.  Probably has something to do with his lot of 5th and 6th round pick receivers (Higgins, DPJ & Felton).  And Schwartz not showing much this rookie season (he's out of this game with a concussion).  DPJ is someone that we all had/have high hopes for.  An excellent pre season...but tougher sledding against the starting corners of the league.  Plus, he keeps hurting himself...wouldn't be surprised if he's out for this game too.

Terrific takes.

Baker taking hell is stupid. Yes, he's hurt. Yes, he had another obvious overthrow. But "holds onto the ball too long" ???

when you can't scramble well, and your wr's do NOT GET OPEN in 3 seconds, what is Baker supposed to do? I've been waiting for HIggins to be a star, but he fizzles out again and again. Time to fix the wr corps is coming.

Putting in Keenum would not make our wr's get open often. Defenses KNOW THIS. The ratbird lb's were playing right up near the dl.... knowing that the wr's can be covered 1 on 1 a lot,.....

run more? vs this defense? how about Hunt was 7 rushes for 20 yards? Chubb was 8 rushes for 16 yards?

Mayfield is playing hurt, but how the hell is that HIS fault?

I will say this, with each game, I keep saying "don't run on first down again" and most every time they do, it's a loss/no gain/gain a few yards. Then the defense plays the pass, no wr's open, 3rd and long all too often.

Defenses KNOW Hooper is a high target, so they shut him out with no receptions. So Baker threw to Landry (6 receptions, 111 yards), Bryant at TE (3 receptions for 50 yards), Njoku 3 receptions for 35), Chubb (2 receptions for 23 yards) and Bradley (2 receptions for 18 yards) and Peoples-Jones (2 receptions for 10 yards).

Peoples-JOnes is supposed to be the deep threat, but with being held etc no call and being covered a lot,

it's Baker's fault? Sure Baker made some mistales. But the problem is NOT with the qb. Keenum will have the exact same problems.

But I believe it was a glaring mistake to keep having Baker go out there. Admirable as hell, but....it's time to put Keenum in. The playoffs are lost, I think.

and obj - as soon as he went to the rams, he magically was "UNINJURED". He wants to grow his "brand" in the big city - but the Rams are losing.

Addition by subtraction for the Browns, subtraction by addition? for the rams? we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Someone should take him to Cheesecake Factory.

He seems very stressed and irritable lately. Maybe one of his trips to C.F. would help relieve him. 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I've got no fucking clue about what's going on in the receiver core.

WSS 

Obviously, they think so little of Higgins' potential upside that they played J'aMarcus Bradley instead.  And Bradley had 2 catches....just like Higgins would've had.  Our WR position has gone straight into the shitter...

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

Obviously, they think so little of Higgins' potential upside that they played J'aMarcus Bradley instead.  And Bradley had 2 catches....just like Higgins would've had.  Our WR position has gone straight into the shitter...

PS that was speech to text. Corps

WSS 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I was listening to 92.3 this morning and the guys brought up Higgins, and Karman started to mention rumors they've heard about him, but thought better of it and didn't elaborate on it. 

I get the impression that Higgins is a bit of a fuckup behind the scenes, or a pain in the ass, or both. It would explain why he's been picking splinters at times during two different coaching staffs, when the WR room has never been all that talented. 

• Upvote 1

ya and his numbers will still better than lamars

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was listening to 92.3 this morning and the guys brought up Higgins,

I listen in the morning at work, except today I was wicked busy.  We know that Kitchens didn't like him.  Whereas Stef, last year, couldn't praise enough his effort and willingness to do whatever they ask of him (while not having him up on the 53 for game days).  I guess I'm done expecting a coach to pull a rabbit out of Higgins' hat.