THE BROWNS BOARD

Alright. Alright Alright... about halfway thru 2021 so time to start talking about who you are watchingng

Tour2ma

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

For me, unless Conklin returns to this team, RT has taken over as greatest need before WR.

Blake Hance is the greatest liability on this roster at any position.   He just doesn't function at OT.

I hope Conklin comes back; I think the Browns still need to draft another tackle. If he doesn't, then I'd want a swing tackle, just as able to flip to the left side if Wills gets banged up.

Gumby mentioned three OT's ,

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Highest rated draftees with highest seasonal snaps at RT.. PFF

#51 Darrian Kenard Kentucky

#56 Daniel Faalele Minnesota

#57 Petit-Frere OSU 

seems like a run to take a look at

Kennard and Petit-Frere could probably be swing tackles. The top swing tackle, I think, is Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa. He will go about mid-first round, I think.

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

.. https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2022  click positions to tackle..click to interested players "draft guide profile"(good info 4 free) 

AG....Check out Kenyon Green's snap profile... than tell us what position you'd favor him to play? ( he's a OL all position master of Cam Erving? nah! )

Snaps by Alignment
  2021 2020 2019
LT 81 0 0
LG 408 690 0
C 0 1 0
RG 106 0 747
RT 142 0 0

I think his more natural position was at guard and A&M ended up putting him at LG to fit the rest of the team players strengths since he was the most flexible/versatile.

• Thanks 1

Fab 4 list after we can't miss in rounds 1 or 2...

Nebraska -rover- CB/LB/S  JoJo Dollman----  I put Dollman in the College football HOF 🤓 after he wrecked just about everything the Buckeyes threw at him.. I've see ranks in the 90's

edit--https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jojo-domann-2022-nfl-draft-profile-nebraska-cornhuskers

Coastal Carolina TE Isiah Likely---- Used like Njoku inside or outside at Coastal... Just feels right/ to add by subtraction.. seen a single #77 ranking

Bearcats WR Alec Pierce----- think lean/slow/ white Adam Thielen that finds openings/ with ways to catch mostly any ball chucked at him.. only seen walt, has him as ranked #13 WR

Clemson LB James Skalski---- Yeah, most don't like Skal around here... slow/can't cover/ but he hits 💩 that moves.. Walt's early big board list Skalski at prospect #68

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Fab 4 list after we can't miss in rounds 1 or 2...

Nebraska -rover- CB/LB/S  JoJo Dollman----  I put Dollman in the College football HOF 🤓 after he wrecked just about everything the Buckeyes threw at him.. I've see ranks in the 90's

Coastal Carolina TE Isiah Likely---- Used like Njoku inside or outside at Coastal... Just feels right/ to add by subtraction.. seen a single #77 ranking

Bearcats WR Alec Pierce----- think lean/slow/ white Adam Thielen that finds openings/ with ways to catch mostly any ball chucked at him.. only seen walt, has him as ranked #13 WR

Clemson LB James Skalski---- Yeah, most don't like Skal around here... slow/can't cover/ but he hits 💩 that moves.. Walt's early big board list Skalski at prospect #68

I'm going to go ahead and tell you that Skalski ain't going anywhere near #68 barring a monster performance at the combine.   Not sure why Walt has him top 100.

I mentioned Jojo Dollman during the OSU Nebraska game…major versatility.

A couple other names BIgTen

Jaquan Brisker PSU Box Safety.  Plus Athlete and a tackler 

Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota big dude that excels at run blocking 

Do Not Draft List…

Zach Harrison OSU he’s gonna have an awesome pro day but please watch the tape.  Softest most undisciplined 5 star recruit 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Netflix QB1 series showcased Hartman before his college Career.  (Same season as Fields) It is a good watch.  

Word? I'll give it a watch.  Going to have a lot of time to watch film the next 10 days with the covid. 

For being a "shorter" QB, Hartman operates real well in a tight pocket. 

I'm still looking at Jalen Tolbert, S. Alabama. 6'3", 190 lbs...he'll be at the senior bowl. I'm seriously thinking he will be a star.

and, a qb.

Dustin Crum, Kent State. I noticed him in a game on TV.

He's well down the list when I started on my mock draft. But looking into his success....

Dustin Crum, 6'3", 200 lbs. He'll play in the Shrine Bowl. He's the qb that "no one" is talking about.

But where to draft him - we'll see after the Shrine Bowl.

Here's what Draft Diamonds says about him:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/dustin-crum/

NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:

I love big and strong armed quarterbacks. Crum came on the scene late, but man he was impressive. He stands at 6030 and weighs a little more than 200 pounds. He can crush you with his feet and his arm. Overall the Grafton, Ohio prospect is deep sleeper in the 2021 NFL Draft. Many will talk about guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, but Crum will rise. Remember what I tell you. – Damond Talbot,

He stayed in school, btw:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/dustin-crum-2022-nfl-draft-stock-kent-state-potato-bowl

Good half for Bama's WR J. Williams.. Myjai Sanders/ Ahmad Gardner for the Cats..

Lukes got to give Ridder some quick release play-calls.. 

Will Anderson showing why he may go before... Brice Young in 2023 

Liking the espn tv screen options?

edit--note Bama WR J. Williams/ Cinn... handled all kickoffs.. no punt returns.. 

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It wasn't clear to me just how down of a year this cfb season was until watching this Bama - Cincy game.  

Both teams have some very glaring flaws but they're top 4? 

2019 LSU, tOSU and Clemson are better than these squads. 

These were “rebuilding” years for OSU and Bama. Both teams should be better next year.   OSU had some recruiting misses on defense, but a new chief should right the ship.

Michigan will fall back to Earth next season. 

This year is Georgia and UCs shot.  

USC will be back it may not be next year but they appear to be recruiting to their old standard 

And Will Anderson is a dude 

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

These were “rebuilding” years for OSU and Bama. Both teams should be better next year.   OSU had some recruiting misses on defense, but a new chief should right the ship.

Michigan will fall back to Earth next season. 

This year is Georgia and UCs shot.  

USC will be back it may not be next year but they appear to be recruiting to their old standard 

SC will be interesting to watch. It's nothing short of a tragedy they aren't a top 10 program year in and out.     SoCal weather, celebrity alumni, beaches, facilities and girls... why wouldn't you go to SC? 

Of course it's worth pointing out, for nearly 20 years before Pete Caroll, SC was pretty medicore and they've been below average since he left for Seattle.

If you take away that 10 year PC stretch, SC hasn't been consistently good since the 70's.

54 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

SC will be interesting to watch. It's nothing short of a tragedy they aren't a top 10 program year in and out.     SoCal weather, celebrity alumni, beaches, facilities and girls... why wouldn't you go to SC? 

Of course it's worth pointing out, for nearly 20 years before Pete Caroll, SC was pretty medicore and they've been below average since he left for Seattle.

If you take away that 10 year PC stretch, SC hasn't been consistently good since the 70's.

Well they spilt the talent pool with UCLA during a lot of that time (not when Sheriff Pete was in town)z The SC and UCLA campuses offer two different environments University Park area vs Westwood. One has security guards everywhere out of necessity the other has unlocked Maseratis.  SC isn’t exactly a slam dunk sell in regard to location.

I don’t expect them to split anything with UCLA moving forward….they just took two OSU leans.  They will be competing now with Bama, OSU and Georgia for the countries best. 

This RB class looks as deep as the WR class.. (bell-cow backs seem to have gone missing.. Now catch & YaC ? )

Michigan will senior roster out every TE #1 to #4 after they lose 🤭  

halftime edit- Ga. QB Bennett getting 1.5 yard cushions in pockets..McNamara ain't seen a clean pocket

13 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

And Will Anderson is a dude  Dude plays scary f a s t !

What's your west coast opinion on this guy?  Is he Garrett Wilson/Olave/ J.Williams gifted? I noted J. Williams can play both short & deep passing levels. KO returns but no Punt returns vs.Cats..

Can London do both in ST's ? Any former injury concerns? I've seen a lot of WR rankings are scattered on London at this point... Thanks !

Drake London  WR ,_usc.jpg  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

What's your west coast opinion on this guy?  Is he Garrett Wilson/Olave/ J.Williams gifted? I noted J. Williams can play both short & deep passing levels. KO returns but no Punt returns vs.Cats..

Can London do both in ST's ? Any former injury concerns? I've seen a lot of WR rankings are scattered on London at this point... Thanks !

Drake London  WR ,_usc.jpg  

I think it was just the ankle this year. I don’t think he was a special teams guy at all at USC. He flashed right away at USC but of course put together the monster year this year.

I think he will be a matchup issue at the next level and huge red zone threat. He will eat the smaller corners alive.  Pour through his highlights you see ALOT of contested catches. Looks covered but makes the catch…Climbing over guys (probably has a great vertical if he tests) and he plays through contact.     Looks like a good route runner too. If he tests well (40 time) we will not see him with our pick.  

I like wrestlers in the trenches and basketball players on the perimeter and he was a highly touted basketball player too.  He went to USC to play football and Basketball 

He’s probably learning the position a little more still than a guy like Garrett Wilson who has a tad more polish to his game (so I’d think Drake may have more upside). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think it was just the ankle this year. I don’t think he was a special teams guy at all at USC. He flashed right away at USC but of course put together the monster year this year.

I think he will be a matchup issue at the next level and huge red zone threat. He will eat the smaller corners alive.  Pour through his highlights you see ALOT of contested catches. Looks covered but makes the catch…Climbing over guys (probably has a great vertical if he tests) and he plays through contact.     Looks like a good route runner too. If he tests well (40 time) we will not see him with our pick.  

I like wrestlers in the trenches and basketball players on the perimeter and he was a highly touted basketball player too.  He went to USC to play football and Basketball 

He’s probably learning the position a little more still than a guy like Garrett Wilson who has a tad more polish to his game (so I’d think Drake may have more upside). 

Thanks! good to know.. I don't see much left coast late games.. read somewhere his ankle was a fracture..

Seems like the buckeyes are a factory of DB's.. SC seems to turn out a factory of good route tree WR's.. https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/lists/usc-trojans-football-top-20-receivers-all-time/

This WR class of straight 40 times looks to be fast.. while just being fast, won't get WR's open at this next level.. Verticals.. DPJ jumped out of the gym.. but I have not seen him use it or a desire to go up/ fight for one.. to me, I'm stuck figuring out, if DPJ is WR2 or WR3?

I try to watch WR tape with a few things in mind../can they continue fast feet in turns on a dime?/hands?/ball security?/blocking?/can they physically rip off press man? any ST tangibles?

I certainly will check London out 👀     

30 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This nose for UK... #50 vs Iowa right now.  He's catching my eye.   And if there's one thing I've been good at the last few years, it's finding mid to late round IDL.

down south they call M&M's McCall... baby jordan davis... another 350 pound of man that can move

Watching the Notre Dame game now, made me think that ever since Chase Claypool was drafted by the Steelers, I've wanted the Browns to add someone like him to the WR group. (Without his personality, though)

Who are some big, physical WRs in this class? 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who are some big, physical WRs in this class? 

Claypool & DK Metcalf had combine frames of 230's in a 6'3" frame..

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks plays in a physical SEC.. He's the closest built at 6"3" 225.... I'm a wait and see on Burks 40 time..Claypool 4.42 DK 4.33

Most compare Burks to AJ Brown

• Upvote 1