THE BROWNS BOARD

Alright. Alright Alright... about halfway thru 2021 so time to start talking about who you are watchingng

Tour2ma

1)    7:30 ESPN tonight...NC Tarheels at Pitt.       Sam Howell vs. Pickett...                   both teams semi Jekyll or Hyde at times

2)    8pm     Browns Redzone         STO

3)    8:20 pm     Ravens   at    Dolphins       NFN              set your Teams !

Remotes ready !

• 4 weeks later...

I know the Browns are still fighting for a playoff spot, but it's the bye week so here's my shortlist of players I would target for the Browns 2022 first round pick:

DE Aidan Hutchinson, TTUN, 6-6, 265

DE George Karlaftis, Purdue, 6-4, 275

WR Chris Olave, Ohio State, 6-0, 190

DT DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M, 6-4, 290

DE David Ojabo, TTUN, 6-5, 250

WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State, 6-0, 190

I know Hutchinson is going to be off the board by the time the Browns pick (I see the Browns picking between #10-15 overall), but what the hell, a boy can dream. I know this seems like a complete Big Ten homer list, but these guys seem like legit first half of the draft guys, and DLine and WR is a big need for the Browns. How did Leal do this year TexAg? 

Anybody else have an early wish list for the Browns? 

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know the Browns are still fighting for a playoff spot, but it's the bye week so here's my shortlist of players I would target for the Browns 2022 first round pick:

DE Aidan Hutchinson, TTUN, 6-6, 265

DE George Karlaftis, Purdue, 6-4, 275

WR Chris Olave, Ohio State, 6-0, 190

DT DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M, 6-4, 290

DE David Ojabo, TTUN, 6-5, 250

WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State, 6-0, 190

I know Hutchinson is going to be off the board by the time the Browns pick (I see the Browns picking between #10-15 overall), but what the hell, a boy can dream. I know this seems like a complete Big Ten homer list, but these guys seem like legit first half of the draft guys, and DLine and WR is a big need for the Browns. How did Leal do this year TexAg? 

Watching some of the IOL for Iowa.  

Also watching this A.T. Perry kid from Wake Forrest.  Unreal catch radius.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Watching some of the IOL for Iowa.  

Also watching this A.T. Perry kid from Wake Forrest.  Unreal catch radius.

I know Hutchinson is a pipe dream for where the Browns will end up drafting, but is the rest of my list fairly realistic for where I think the Browns will draft (#10-15)?

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I know Hutchinson is a pipe dream for where the Browns will end up drafting, but is the rest of my list fairly realistic for where I think the Browns will draft (#10-15)?

I'd say so.  Hutch, after his game last week, is a top 10 lock.  He's a white chocolate version of Tamba Hali.

My only little input would be this - we see this year how the Dline can look when Myles has even a little bit of help.  You really don't need to invest high draft capital on another edge rusher. This Dline needs contributors, but most importantly - depth.   Depth on the IDL.  Because if we can continue to generate pressure rates across the entire front, it becomes difficult to just lock in on MG.  You really don't need a big name across from him if the floor of the rest of the group is raised evenly.

It's looking like a loaded draft class this year defensive players everywhere and on offense some good pass catchers out there.

Plus kids are coming out earlier and earlier every year and not just players in the P5 schools.

I caught a couple Friday Conference Championship games and today I watched most of the UC the Cincinnati Bearcats game a few first rounders there.

I'm watching the B1G Conference Championship game now......minus the Ohio State Globetrotters and all of their offensive trickery.

It's hard to say exactly where our Cleveland BROWNS are going to draft top ⅓  middle ⅓ or hopefully not the bottom ⅓ ........ but at least they won't be " on the clock ". been there, done that.  

My Dear Santa list will probably be like most of us.....a WR burner, some defensive help.  -but-. don't be surprised what the brain trust comes up with.

AND of course  " will they trade up " ?   There I said it.    Plenty of time left.......

On 11/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, gumby73 said:

1)    7:30 ESPN tonight...NC Tarheels at Pitt.       Sam Howell vs. Pickett...                   both teams semi Jekyll or Hyde at times

2)    8pm     Browns Redzone         STO

3)    8:20 pm     Ravens   at    Dolphins       NFN              set your Teams !

Remotes ready !

Oh yeah and a good time to break in two new TV's........ football college bowls and NFL playoff run.   

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Names should fall into place..(working on) BPA in group of

WR1-- Bama/Bucks

RT- Bama/NCST

MLB- Georgia/Bama/Utah

DT Jordan Davis (told to lose weight from 380lb ( 🏠  )... I won't be surprised if this guy took a slide today.. Playing 2 down sets due to 350lbs legs? He's got some pre-draft work to do 

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Names should fall into place..(working on) BPA in group of

WR1-- Bama/Bucks

RT- Bama/NCST

MLB- Georgia/Utah

DT Jordan Davis (told to lose weight from 380lb ( 🏠  )... I won't be surprised if this guy took a slide today.. Playing 2 down sets due to 350lbs legs? He's got some pre-draft work to do 

I hesitated in even mentioning Leal as a potential pick in the first, I definitely do not want the Browns to use a top half of the first round pick on a 340lb DT like Davis. I agree, I think Davis slides. Defensive Tackle seems like a position now that you just load up on depth guys instead of using a high pick on. I've seen the Browns take DTackles in the first fairly recently that were reaches already. If you do take a DT that high, the guy better be a plus in the run game and being disruptive in the pass game.

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hesitated in even mentioning Leal as a potential pick in the first, I definitely do not want the Browns to use a top half of the first round pick on a 340lb DT. I agree, I think Davis slides. Defensive Tackle seems like a position now that you just load up on depth guys instead of using a high pick on. I've seen the Browns take DTackles in the first fairly recently that were reaches already. If you do take a DT that high, the guy better be a plus in the run game and being disruptive in the pass game.

Leal gets the kind of attention that Garrett gets and he has great versatility in that he has played all 4 down DL positions often in the same game. He has now declared for the draft. EDIT: If we don't start winning then we have a shot at him. But if he also declares I'd prefer Bama's WR Jameson Williams, another of those great Bama WRs. We obviously need help there.

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hesitated in even mentioning Leal as a potential pick in the first, I definitely do not want the Browns to use a top half of the first round pick on a 340lb DT. ranks in most top 15's

I agree, I think Davis slides. Defensive Tackle seems like a position now that you just load up on depth guys instead of using a high pick on. I've seen the Browns take DTackles in the first fairly recently that were reaches already. If you do take a DT that high, the guy better be a plus in the run game and being disruptive in the pass game.

This list would prove your right... https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/dt  they went wrong in 2017 though..

My stud.. Jonathan Allen Bama went to WFT pick #17.. 

just can't miss in round 1..

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Leal gets the kind of attention that Garrett gets and he has great versatility in that he has played all 4 down DL positions often in the same game. He has now declared for the draft. EDIT: If we don't start winning then we have a shot at him. But if he also declares I'd prefer Bama's WR Jameson Williams, another of those great Bama WRs. We obviously need help there.

Williams seems like another good prospect to add to the list.

One way or another, the Browns should have a WR or DLineman fall into their laps if they want to go in either of those directions. 

And I just saw a mock that has the Steelers QB replacement for Big Ben fall into their laps in Pitt's QB Kenny Pickett. That would be so them. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

One way or another, the Browns should have a WR or DLineman fall into their laps if they want to go in either of those directions. 

And I just saw a mock that has the Steelers QB replacement for Big Ben fall into their laps in Pitt's QB Kenny Pickett. That would be so them. 

Could be. Announced today Big Ben is retiring after this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32788145/sources-ben-roethlisberger-expects-his-last-season-pittsburgh-steelers

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If they lose tomorrow vs Baltimore then it would appear he won't be going out with a playoff appearance. 

47 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

This list would prove your right... https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/dt  they went wrong in 2017 though..

My stud.. Jonathan Allen Bama went to WFT pick #17.. 

just can't miss in round 1..

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Going to be adding late round QB's to my watch list.  

You guys are welcomed to view my latest additions to the 'Baker' thread which prompted said QB addition.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Going to be adding late round QB's to my watch list.  

You guys are welcomed to view my latest additions to the 'Baker' thread which prompted said QB addition.

Yep, I saw it. I thought Warner was being a bit too kind to the QB. Sure he has receiver's (including RB's out of the backfield) not running precise routes, but he is also missing a lot 

of open throws. One thing I know for sure is we need at least one more really well trained receiver and Bama puts out a lot of those. Which is why I said what I said about their latest. He's

as good as any of the others who have come out in recent years. Up there with Jones IMO.

EDIT: I just went to Walterfootball mock draft and they have us taking the first WR (#15) as Arkansas' Treylon Burks and Detroit picks up the second in Bama's Williamson later @ #23. I've seen 'em both play and I like field stretching, speed burning Williamson a lot better. He's a take it to the house threat on any play because he's also pretty good breaking tackles. Add in the usual great coaching he's had and bingo, instant starter.

EDIT #2: Side note back to Leal. Drafttek has him listed as their top player at DL Tech-3 and Tech-5 coming in around #11 player overall. Browns keep playing this way and he will likely be there if we decide to go that route. A lot will depend on what we do in the off-season leading into the draft of course. But he just might be BPA when it's our turn to pick.

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, I saw it. I thought Warner was being a bit too kind to the QB. Sure he has receiver's (including RB's out of the backfield) not running precise routes, but he is also missing a lot 

of open throws. One thing I know for sure is we need at least one more really well trained receiver and Bama puts out a lot of those. Which is why I said what I said about their latest. He's

as good as any of the others who have come out in recent years. Up there with Jones IMO.

I'm going to stop you right there. Cooper, Ridley,  Ruggs, Smith, Waddle...  good players bordering on great.  Same for William's and Metchie.

Delusion at best believing they're on Julio's level.  JJ is/was an elite and rare prospect, future HoF'er who was great in every aspect of the game both on and off the field.  None of them carry his combination of physical ability and mental command of the position.

"Up there" sells Julio waaaaay too short.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm going to stop you right there. Cooper, Ridley,  Ruggs, Smith, Waddle...  good players bordering on great.  Same for William's and Metchie.

Delusion at best believing they're on Julio's level.  JJ is/was an elite and rare prospect, future HoF'er who was great in every aspect of the game both on and off the field.  None of them carry his combination of physical ability and mental command of the position.

"Up there" sells Julio waaaaay too short.

I think he's closer at this stage than any of the others were. That little extra kick and ability to run through tackles is what I like most. Time will tell if he becomes the pro that Julio became. I've watched Metchie have too many drops to be in the same category as the rest. Saban said this morning he has a significant knee injury, so it appears he is out for the playoffs. Be interesting to see who is next up in the pipeline.

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think he's closer at this stage than any of the others were. That little extra kick and ability to run through tackles is what I like most. Time will tell if he becomes the pro that Julio became. I've watched Metchie have too many drops to be in the same category as the rest. Saban said this morning he has a significant knee injury, so it appears he is out for the playoffs. Be interesting to see who is next up in the pipeline.

All I know is that it's a somewhat down year for college football and it's going to be topped off with an SEC circle jerk in the CFP.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

All I know is that it's a somewhat down year for college football and it's going to be topped off with an SEC circle jerk in the CFP.

Or the nemesis of OSU breaks the SEC stranglehold. Stranger things have happened with that little oblong 🏈ball.😂

for me, I'm looking at Jameson Williams, wr, Alabama. and Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama. After the combine, might have to be

drafted in the first or second round. I have Georgia-Alabama on record but haven't watched it yet.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

For me, unless Conklin returns to this team, RT has taken over as greatest need before WR.

Blake Hance is the greatest liability on this roster at any position.   He just doesn't function at OT.

Highest rated draftees with highest seasonal snaps at RT.. PFF

#51 Darrian Kenard Kentucky

#56 Daniel Faalele Minnesota

#57 Petit-Frere OSU

seems like a run to take a look at

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

#51 Darrian Kenard Kentucky

#56 Daniel Faalele Minnesota

#57 Petit-Frere OSU

seems like a run to take a look at

Why is OSU's Petit-Frere listed in the depth chart as a LT? Do they switch him from one side to the other?

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Why is OSU's Petit-Frere listed in the depth chart as a LT? Do they switch him from one side to the other?

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

#57 Petit-Frere OSU ---- 2 sacks/2 qb hits/22 hurries of 453 pass pro attempts

Snaps by Alignment
  2021 2020 2019
LT 701 0 47
LG 0 0 0
C 0 0 0
RG 0 0 0
RT 67 512 193

played enough T to swing?

#56 Daniel Faalele Minnesota--- 1 sack/2 qb hits/5 hurries of 284 pas pro attempts

Snaps by Alignment
  2021 2020 2019
LT 0   0
LG 0   0
C 0   0
RG 0   0
RT 771   665

#51 Darrian Kenard (big/raw with nasty) Kentucky 1 sack/2 qb hits/ 4 hurries on 375 pass pro attempts

• HIGH SCHOOL St Ignatius   Played at....
  • CITY Cleveland, OH
Snaps by Alignment
  2021 2020 2019
LT 0 0 0
LG 0 0 0
C 0 0 0
RG 0 2 0
RT 745 695

click here.. https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2022  click positions to tackle..click to interested players "draft guide profile"(good info 4 free) 

AG....Check out Kenyon Green's snap profile... than tell us what position you'd favor him to play? ( he's a OL all position master of Cam Erving? nah! )

Snaps by Alignment
  2021 2020 2019
LT 81 0 0
LG 408 690 0
C 0 1 0
RG 106 0 747
RT 142 0 0