THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

to be fair...

That bomb happened to go to halftime.. Bake's fumble injury with Watt came @6:37 into the 3rd.. Bake is 4 of 8 (completes of plus +6/6/4/7) since injury with longest pass of 7 yards.. Bakes rushed for plus 2 since 2nd injury... Bakes not played since Keenum's mop up duties in 4th since Zona

Well, it's the same shoulder.

He practiced yesterday comfortably,  if there is no inflammation today he'll start throwing with velocity today, and if still no inflammation,  he'll play.

No idea why you think it will effect his deep ball. Either he can throw or he can't.  Looks pretty certain he will be able to.

Z

25 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No idea why you think it will effect his deep ball. Either he can throw or he can't.  Looks pretty certain he will be able to.

Z

just some   image.jpeg.bb81d667030fbae2dc6c8f3954a7e00d.jpeg  facts jack!  And Please... stop with the you* 💩 to *some of you..

i have been on Bakes train since his senior bowl.. I've posted nothing to the fact of Bakers playing.. but It's a coaches choice to get it right..

Quiz: How Well Do You Remember "The Bad News Bears?" - Quiz-Bliss.com

If Kelly Leak | The Bad News Bears Wiki | Fandom can prove he can still hit on some home run balls?   Bake's still my best choice over playing Keenum (everyday ending in Y)

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

You guys are way overly dramatic about this injury.

And his downfield accuracy is gone?? When? Where?

Last time I saw him play he threw the longest pass of the year in the NFL which hit People's Jones in the numbers in the end zone 67 yards away.

Z

Sorry, you're being as stubborn as Baker poo-poohing how serious of an injury this is. I'm thinking Vapor posted a pretty good take on  the situation.  Yeah, I read the transcript of his interview from yesterday.  Get it through your thick head, if this was his right shoulder he'd already be on IR for months, if not the rest of the year. 

Looking comfortable in practice, and in a game after Watt or Heyward whack him a few times are two completely different animals. Just realize Mr. Sunshine every time that shoulder pops out the damage gets worse. Like the possibility it could turn into a complete humeral head fracture or a torn rotator cuff. One more, and I'm betting the Docs will shut him down. 

Regarding the 65 yarder to DPJ? Please. 1) Baker took a 5 yard running start 2) threw it as hard as he could 3) that it came down to DPJ was purely accidental 4) no accuracy involved.  It's why they're called Hail Mary plays. Um, let Josh Allen have the same circumstances, he could easily have thrown it into the 10th row of the Dawg Pound. :)

So, if Baker gets the call Sunday, I hope he plays lights out. But MHO is- you're playing with fire Baker, and eventually you're going to get burned. The odds of you going through another 10 games without taking another serious shot to that shoulder are zero. "Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play."

39 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

just some   image.jpeg.bb81d667030fbae2dc6c8f3954a7e00d.jpeg  facts jack!  And Please... stop with the you* 💩 to *some of you..

i have been on Bakes train since his senior bowl.. I've posted nothing to the fact of Bakers playing.. but It's a coaches choice to get it right..

Quiz: How Well Do You Remember "The Bad News Bears?" - Quiz-Bliss.com

If Kelly Leak | The Bad News Bears Wiki | Fandom can prove he can still hit on some home run balls?   Bake's still my best choice over playing Keenum (everyday ending in Y)

When I say "you", I mean it in the plural sense .... As in, "all of you homosexuals that think Baker should be sat down for his own good." 

If you are not a member of that class, then please don't be offended.

Z

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry, you're being as stubborn as Baker poo-poohing how serious of an injury this is. I'm thinking Vapor posted a pretty good take on  the situation.  Yeah, I read the transcript of his interview from yesterday.  Get it through your thick head, if this was his right shoulder he'd already be on IR for months, if not the rest of the year. 

Looking comfortable in practice, and in a game after Watt or Heyward whack him a few times are two completely different animals. Just realize Mr. Sunshine every time that shoulder pops out the damage gets worse. Like the possibility it could turn into a complete humeral head fracture or a torn rotator cuff. One more, and I'm betting the Docs will shut him down. 

Regarding the 65 yarder to DPJ? Please. 1) Baker took a 5 yard running start 2) threw it as hard as he could 3) that it came down to DPJ was purely accidental 4) no accuracy involved.  It's why they're called Hail Mary plays. Um, let Josh Allen have the same circumstances, he could easily have thrown it into the 10th row of the Dawg Pound. :)

So, if Baker gets the call Sunday, I hope he plays lights out. But MHO is- you're playing with fire Baker, and eventually you're going to get burned. The odds of you going through another 10 games without taking another serious shot to that shoulder are zero. "Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play."

He threw the ball 67 yards in the air and it landed right where he wanted it to. That seems to check deep ✔  and accurate ✔. 

When Aaron Rodgers does it, the whole league blushes and gushes.

When Baker does it with one wing, his own fans call it "accudental".

Am I in the twilight zone?

You fuckers deserve another 20 years in the desert looking for a qb.

Z

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

GIFs Panda cubs Panda cub Animais GIF  I'll be jumping out of these claims...

All is Good Z.. 🤙 hang loose.. we all want this win Badly !

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

You guys are way overly dramatic about this injury.

Z

Yeah, what do I know about torn labrums.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

And his downfield accuracy is gone?? When? Where?

Last time I saw him play he threw the longest pass of the year in the NFL which hit People's Jones in the numbers in the end zone 67 yards away.

https://youtu.be/Bd3bJ9gvD44

I didn't say he didn't have arm strength. His ability to get the ball downfield is among the best in the NFL. He doesn't have long ball accuracy. That wasn't an accurate ball, it was a hail mary to everyone who was waiting in the end zone. You want to see the accuracy that he is lacking? Go rewatch his KC game and look at the windows he was hitting 20+ yards downfield. He hasn't done that since his week 2 injury. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

When I say "you", I mean it in the plural sense .... As in, "all of you homosexuals that think Baker should be sat down for his own good." 

If you are not a member of that class, then please don't be offended.

Z

If the doctors clear him to play, I'm great with it. But I do have a concern. One cheapshot to the shoulder on a late hit will put him out of the game again pretty quick. Then, what is the point? The squealers have their backs up against the wall. And their cheapshots are legendary. And knowing his shoulder is hurt, does anyone around here the squealers wouldn't do such a thing? Actually, I have another concern - their defense will know Baker won't do much rolling out - they know he won't run the ball - it's a tough call. I'd start Keenum I think. But it would be great to beat the squealers with our qb with a broken bone in his shoulder and a torn labrum. That would be legendary. Good luck to Stefanski on that call.

Keenum can play.

4 minutes ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

How old is that video? What have we seen from Keenum in the Denver game that says he should start? Just win, All I want is a win this week, I could care less if the game is identical as the Minn game as long as the end result is the same (WIN) 

it's obviously dated. But maybe putting an injured Baker in to start against the squealers will end his season, instead of giving him a few weeks to heal. Regardless, whichever one starts, Stef has to have a game plan where he keeps the defense guessing wrong most of the time. Again, I think the three rivers scum will come out to stop the run, then sit back and start playing the Browns' passing game.

I'd come out and start throwing high percentage passes, let them know they guessed wrong, and keep them unsure about what they are doing on defense. It might be a close game if their defense guesses right a lot of the time - but I'm looking for another 51-0 win.

I do agree that this is not the game to let a less than 100% Baker play, Those cheap shot f*****s would love to knock him out,  I hate that entire State all because of them. And I live like 30-40 Minutes away from Down town Pittsburgh, I used to work at the airport up there and I worked  with all Browns fans lol. GO BROWNS, 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

He threw the ball 67 yards in the air and it landed right where he wanted it to. That seems to check deep ✔  and accurate ✔. 

When Aaron Rodgers does it, the whole league blushes and gushes.

When Baker does it with one wing, his own fans call it "accudental".

1) Am I in the twilight zone?

You fuckers deserve another 20 years in the desert looking for a qb.

Z

Was that a great play? Sure- it made #1 on Sports Centers "top 10 plays of the day". However, you're indeed living in the Twilight Zone, if you think that 67 yard Hail Mary was anything more than pure luck. He threw it into a crowd of seven (count 'em) SEVEN players and DPJ managed to outjump everyone else. Baker has decent arm strength (I'm betting at least 90% of NFL QBs can toss the ball 65 yards in the air) but it's not elite. Face it Z- Baker threw that ball as hard as he possibly could, with a full wind up. An elite arm belongs to a guy named (take a bow Cal) Josh Allen, who can toss the ball 50 yards without putting much effort into it. Don't forget I thoroughly scouted Josh, and there's reports when he was at Wyoming- players saw him throw it 90 yards in the air. (At his pro day, he declined to try and impress scouts to go for a 100 yard toss)

Geeze, Mr. President of the Baker Mayfield Fan Club- I'm very happy that we do have Baker.  But that guy over on NFL.com didn't even rank Baker in his QB listing- because of that pesky shoulder injury that you think is just a little bruise. Vapor has it right- stick your head in the sand if you must, but post injury Mayfield's accuracy on 20+ yard throws has gone to hell.  Some of the "experts" have pointed out- when you have to throw the ball with effort- the rest of your upper body- meaning your off shoulder- does indeed come into play.   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Was that a great play? Sure- it made #1 on Sports Centers "top 10 plays of the day". However, you're indeed living in the Twilight Zone, if you think that 67 yard Hail Mary was anything more than pure luck. He threw it into a crowd of seven (count 'em) SEVEN players and DPJ managed to outjump everyone else. Baker has decent arm strength (I'm betting at least 90% of NFL QBs can toss the ball 65 yards in the air) but it's not elite. Face it Z- Baker threw that ball as hard as he possibly could, with a full wind up. An elite arm belongs to a guy named (take a bow Cal) Josh Allen, who can toss the ball 50 yards without putting much effort into it. Don't forget I thoroughly scouted Josh, and there's reports when he was at Wyoming- players saw him throw it 90 yards in the air. (At his pro day, he declined to try and impress scouts to go for a 100 yard toss)

Geeze, Mr. President of the Baker Mayfield Fan Club- I'm very happy that we do have Baker.  But that guy over on NFL.com didn't even rank Baker in his QB listing- because of that pesky shoulder injury that you think is just a little bruise. Vapor has it right- stick your head in the sand if you must, but post injury Mayfield's accuracy on 20+ yard throws has gone to hell.  Some of the "experts" have pointed out- when you have to throw the ball with effort- the rest of your upper body- meaning your off shoulder- does indeed come into play.   

Baker has elite arm strength. It's well known. It's his calling card. Case is a nice gritty QB, but his deep ball leaves a lot to be desired, as seen last week.

How we drafted this QB and you have watched him for 3 and a half years and you don't respect his top notch arm is beyond me.

Z

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Baker has elite arm strength. It's well known. It's his calling card. Case is a nice gritty QB, but his deep ball leaves a lot to be desired, as seen last week.

How we drafted this QB and you have watched him for 3 and a half years and you don't respect his top notch arm is beyond me.

Z

Bull shit. I'd hate to have to post expert info that you're dreaming. You totally ignored what I just posted. Go back to your Twilight Zone- President of the Baker Fan Club.  Shit- and hell's bells.. Joe Burrow has an equal arm. Lamar Jackson has an equal arm. A young Ben R? even better. I can go right down the list Z. I will bet the ranch and then some- even an uninjured Baker can't possibly launch a 90+ yard pass like Josh Allen can. FYI- that's elite, and you can kiss my ever lovin' ass if you think differently. The old measure was 9+ on a ten scale- (starting with John Elway) and Baker isn't even close. You've degenerated into the blatant rose colored glasses of  homerism....  

PS- uh huh- Dak has common sense that Baker lacks...    https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-prescott-unsure-if-he-ll-play-sunday-i-don-t-want-this-to-linger-past-this-w

Baker is practicing? Great... So why don't you turn your attention to that overpaid pussy Jadvedon Clowneny who's lately collecting a paycheck for doing nothing?   

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bull shit. I'd hate to have to post expert info that you're dreaming. You totally ignored what I just posted. Go back to your Twilight Zone- President of the Baker Fan Club.  Shit- and hell's bells.. Joe Burrow has an equal arm. Lamar Jackson has an equal arm. A young Ben R? even better. I can go right down the list Z. I will bet the ranch and then some- even an uninjured Baker can't possibly launch a 90+ yard pass like Josh Allen can. FYI- that's elite, and you can kiss my ever lovin' ass if you think differently. The old measure was 9+ on a ten scale- (starting with John Elway) and Baker isn't even close. You've degenerated into the blatant rose colored glasses of  homerism....  

Wow.

According to PFF, Mayfield has thrown the longest pass in NFL history since they started recording in 2017, a 70.5 yard bomb against Baltimore last year.

Even his biggest critics recognize his arm, he wasn't drafted #1 overall because he's tall or fast ... and it wasn't "moxie". He can wing it!

Even the Boys at Madden had him #4 in arm strength this year, I'd say #4 out of the entire current NFL is pretty elite

It seems you might want to get to know your starting QB. Maybe put your specs on during the game?

Z

image.png

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

PS- uh huh- Dak has common sense that Baker lacks...    https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-prescott-unsure-if-he-ll-play-sunday-i-don-t-want-this-to-linger-past-this-w

Baker is practicing? Great... So why don't you turn your attention to that overpaid pussy Jadvedon Clowneny who's lately collecting a paycheck for doing nothing?   

Clowney led our defensive linemen in snaps last week and recorded a sack. I mean ... are you watching?

He is having a nice season by all accounts and missed one game due to injury.

I feel like you are enjoying playing the heel this week ... Did someone piss in your Pinot?

Z

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Comparing his left arm injury to his right arm isn't a comparison.  

My feeling is the guy should sit another game, but if the medical teams gives the OK and the coach says he looks fine in practice, play him.  I'd also add that Stefanski can't be afraid to pull him if it isn't working, and i am not talking about late in the 4th qtr.  Do it in the 1st qtr if need be.

• Upvote 2

It amazes me that a sector of you have talked yourselves in to thinking Baker Mayfield has turned into Brian Hoyer and ya'll know it just isnt so.. Ya'll know when bake is healthy he can ball his ass off... and thats what I expect he'll do given the opportunity... Right now.. I support the guy under center.. Just win... Go Browns!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

I encourage you strongly to read this: https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/27/browns-three-pass-rushers-have-excelled-at-getting-pressure/

To think Clowney isn't playing well above his $8 million deal because of sack total is just..not informed. I'm pretty sure you were part of the people banging the drum for Watt  (don't flame me if you weren't) and we see where the lead, again. I'm sorry, but to say he's "doing nothing" is just a bad take. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Clowney is having a pretty damn good year and his pressure rate has been well above average.   He's not the player anyone should be using for a counter-argument right now.

All ya gotta do is right the word "Baker" in a post and Hoorta loses his damn mind. Just scroll up and read some of his posts... It's pretty funny.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Clowney is having a pretty damn good year and his pressure rate has been well above average.   He's not the player anyone should be using for a counter-argument right now.

I was the biggest anti-Clowney guy on this board and have thought he's played very well.

But one of the reasons I wasn't a fan of his signing - his injury history - looks like it could be a problem for him again. 

Hence, why I didn't want the Browns to depend on him. We'll see. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Great! Wonderful! Don't get yourself hurt any worse.  

This is why doctors want to ensure that *he has the ability to “adequately protect himself”* before clearing him to play again.

* While Mayfield can navigate oncoming danger when he sees it coming, and run out of bounds or slide to avoid contact, the greater concern is with him getting hit from behind; in those instances he is naturally going to be using both arms and shoulders to brace himself, which opens him up to vulnerable situations which the harness alone cannot mitigate.

No one wants to see Mayfield injured even worse than he is, and we know he wants to play ASAP so it is good the doctors will be ensuring he can protect himself from further injury before giving him the green light to play.*

Believers of any of this? Shoulder Radius Tested better than week ago ?

🤔

At this point I gotta wonder why you bother paying 7 million to a back up QB when you decide to start the other guy who has a broken freaking shoulder. 

If Baker actually walks out of the tunnel and starts the game, Big Kev can't think to much of Case.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, hx214 said:

At this point I gotta wonder why you bother paying 7 million to a back up QB when you decide to start the other guy who has a broken freaking shoulder. 

If Baker actually walks out of the tunnel and starts the game, Big Kev can't think to much of Case.

I'm all for sitting Baker and getting him healthy... However... It's times like this that if Baker pulls it off... it becomes the stuff of legend.. Otherwise...  it becomes another futile browns folly... However.. I'm one for a positive outcome this time around... Time for the Browns to do some bitch slapping this weekend... GO BROWNS!!!