THE BROWNS BOARD

How Much Is Enough

Axe

I'm talking to the many of us that are either considering retirement or already have.

How do you feel about where you are now and how the last 9 months of insanity has affected where you are and your long term plans of the last 20-30 yrs?

How drastically has your outlook changed in the last short 9 months given the rising prices of damn near everything?

The US dollar at present is, the world currency. When foreign nations do business, the first thing they do is buy US dollars to do so. China wants to supplant the US dollar with the renminbi or yuan (which ever you prefer to call it) and they WILL succeed. It's just a question of time. LET'S GO BRANDON"!! 🤬

So, how comfortable are ya?  How much is enough?

Being retired, we are in great shape. We've worked hard all those earlier years to be here in good shape.

I think that anyone who loves their country and does not take everything for granted in life - and knows at least a bit of relevant history on the subject - has to look at the despair down the road.

Anyone who lived through World Wars and the depression... they don't take life and good things for granted.

They would protect current America from despair.

I don't get it - we are headed toward dangerous despair territory, including

illegals being shipped all over our country.

Big serious trouble is now here, and it's looking far worse than we imagined.

I'm working more and more on wild edibles and medicines - tinctures, poultices etc. It's fascinating to me - it's what the

pioneers and American Indian tribes depended on in many ways.

I'm concerned about all the corrupt fake mmgw taxes they want ot levee.

Of most concern, is the plan to tax mileage. That should empty shelves in all grocery stores fairly quick

when Trucker companies can't make a profit and the workers go on strike across the board. or, they raise prices sky high and most

folks won't be able to buy food and medicine even if they could find it for sale.

All hell could break loose, including crime everywhere, especially by illegals.

However, America shifts direction to keep on course. Looking back - parties have switched majority authority back and forth, back and forth again and again.

So, I expect that to happen with both houses of Congress in 2022. if we can prevent another election from being tainted by serious voter fraud - (mainly ballot harvesting).

4 hours ago, Axe said:

I'm talking to the many of us that are either considering retirement or already have.

How do you feel about where you are now and how the last 9 months of insanity has affected where you are and your long term plans of the last 20-30 yrs?

How drastically has your outlook changed in the last short 9 months given the rising prices of damn near everything?

The US dollar at present is, the world currency. When foreign nations do business, the first thing they do is buy US dollars to do so. China wants to supplant the US dollar with the renminbi or yuan (which ever you prefer to call it) and they WILL succeed. It's just a question of time. LET'S GO BRANDON"!! 🤬

So, how comfortable are ya?  How much is enough?

I'm in good shape. Am I concerned that this ridiculous over spending is going to drive inflation so high that everybody is going to be broke no matter how much money they have left? Sure. Hopefully I have enough and distributed well enough to not get murdered when the recession gets here. But I'm not going to retire until I can't get a gig anywhere.

WSS

I've always operated with the thought that if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

I've always operated with the thought if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

Nobody should depend on Social Security I don't think that's what it was meant for. In other news people shouldn't assume that they can feed an entire family and pay rent on minimum wage. Kind of an incentive to take a little responsibility for their own finances. You are substantially younger than I am, I'm 68, and the reason I won't retire to because I like what I do. I'm guessing you do too.

But if we have another depression we're all fucked anyway..

WSS

No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. :(  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

One of the test discs

image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. :(  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

One of the test discs

image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

Well that sucks my friend.

WSS

13 hours ago, Axe said:

I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

I'm in your same boat, with the bad back.. I've put it off for years..  the pain is beyond putting off any longer.  Chro's to Therapy, I've tried it all. Between my L4 & L5, I have a bone settling in against a nerve... Surgeon wants to trim (her words... grind  🤯) that bone back away from the nerve.. I've read nothing good in results 

good luck to ya... 

58 years young & I'm done working the stroke of midnight on the date I can retire.. enough, will have to be enough !

Congrats on everybody retiring ! it's awesome in my book.  I dealt with knee pain for many years. My knee was reconstructed in the summer after the ninth grade. I was retired when my knee completely gave out one evening at the grocery. I literally fell into her and she kept me from going to the floor.

I tried to hide it, but my Wife cried and said no more - you have to get your knee replaced. She knew I couldn't take the pain anymore.

So, I did. My surgeon, one of the very best, said my knee was the second worst he'd ever seen of thousands in his career.

Medicare and supplemental took care of most all the bill. Don't wait, guys - the pain takes it's toll... at least for a temporary amount of time. I hope your back surgeries go excellently. Find the best dr around.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-admin-tax-unrealized-capital-gains?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR1prtSn9ZSgeCMfKBgXcH81kS-ljZdnPjf23S_jU2mPLn34LGlgI6SE1yo

Biden admin wants to tax increased value of assets before those assets are sold

does this surprise us?

how about you biden voters? 

19 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-admin-tax-unrealized-capital-gains?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR1prtSn9ZSgeCMfKBgXcH81kS-ljZdnPjf23S_jU2mPLn34LGlgI6SE1yo

Biden admin wants to tax increased value of assets before those assets are sold

does this surprise us?

how about you biden voters? 

I looked into my crystal ball to see how they will answer:

Trump trump Trump trump

I don't really doubt they are embarrassed but they just can't admit it. Still Democrats and the Press try to softsell the upcoming depression.

Even if Joe Manchin doesn't bend over I can't imagine it's not on the way.

WSS

• Upvote 1

After 6 weeks of retirement in March of this year, my boss called me and asked if I wanted to come back.

I told him flatly….NO.

Then he asked if I would consider part time, and I agreed providing I could work from home.

Since the wife passed away, it gives me something to do in the mornings.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

After 6 weeks of retirement in March of this year, my boss called me and asked if I wanted to come back.

I told him flatly….NO.

Then he asked if I would consider part time, and I agreed providing I could work from home.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, calfoxwc said:

Congrats on everybody retiring ! it's awesome in my book.  I dealt with knee pain for many years. My knee was reconstructed in the summer after the ninth grade. I was retired when my knee completely gave out one evening at the grocery. I literally fell into her and she kept me from going to the floor.

I tried to hide it, but my Wife cried and said no more - you have to get your knee replaced. She knew I couldn't take the pain anymore.

So, I did. My surgeon, one of the very best, said my knee was the second worst he'd ever seen of thousands in his career.

Medicare and supplemental took care of most all the bill. Don't wait, guys - the pain takes it's toll... at least for a temporary amount of time. I hope your back surgeries go excellently. Find the best dr around.

image.thumb.png.dea89613a04cc453e43565750c0d76f9.png

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I flatly would be so lost.. So sorry to hear about your wife.. Bless ya, good man! 🙏  

15 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I told him flatly….NO.

So sad about that. Stay strong - I would probably go live in the woods in a tent or something I'd be so lost.