THE BROWNS BOARD

Keenum to start

MDDawg

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I used to have a Plain Dealer and Press route when I was a kid.  We had to do our own collections also.  I quit the PD a couple of years ago because half the time I wouldn't receive my paper anyways.  Now, it's kind of useless because all the news is old news by the time you receive the paper.  They are going to quit printed news soon.  They a re trying to sell the Cleveland.com as an online news paper.  

Fair point. The days of a printed newspaper are NFL not for long. When they lost the revenue from classified advertising it just about killed them.  Dayton still has seven day delivery,  but the cost isn't hardly worth it anymore. 

25 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Von  Miller is going to destroy us.

You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly?  Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do? 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You think Stefanski isn't aware that Miller ran has mouth a little bit earlier in the week and will game plan accordingly?  Just like Fangio will do the same to minimize any damage Garrett can do? 

Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.

I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......

But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.

21 minutes ago, browns52 said:

not negative at all, just realistic....broccoli iq shit head..

Really? Realistic? You and Soju are the resident Negative Nancys around here... 

On 10/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, browns52 said:

what.....your are saying greenbay, cinci twice, the pats in foxboro....and with our d, you are saying the steelers are soft......with our d, we may not win another game...i don't care if we play georgia.....

The D had a couple bad games...  FYI, there's 11 more games to be played. 

On 10/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, browns52 said:

its not only keenum....we have no rb's....our defense sucks....i see denver ball control most of the game.....glad my favorite tv show is on....big sky....me thinks i'll be subjected to watching it rather than this game.....don't look good for baker this yr......what a shit season....only 6 games into the season....

Then go ahead and watch Big Sky instead. Some fan you are, and I'll give you a hint- should the Browns win, don't come back.....  

Woe is us Eeyore. Here's a few interesting factoids for you that I overheard...  the Buccaneers went 1-3 in November last year, including getting smeared 38-3 by the Saints, didn't win the NFC South, and BTW, did happen to win the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Stefanski is no dummy - Von Miller is 6' 3", 250. Johnny Stanton is 6'2", 240. I'd use a two back set a lot to throw their defense off track and frustrate Miller..... I look for our OT's to have a much, much better game. The Browns defense will step up again. Garrett will have more sacks than Miller. I think Schwartz will have his best game.

I tried to pick up D'Ernest Jackson in one league - he will have a good or great day. Both teams desperately need a win. Browns will get it. 23-17.......

But the Browns need to come out passing. Defenses are just keying on the run - especially on first downs when Stef calls a run so often.

i picked up johnson and traded obj for landry

On 10/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, hoorta said:

Fair point. The days of a printed newspaper are NFL not for long. When they lost the revenue from classified advertising it just about killed them.  Dayton still has seven day delivery,  but the cost isn't hardly worth it anymore. 

Just about any advertising.  How many pages of movie listing were printed each week?

On 10/22/2021 at 10:48 AM, MDDawg said:

Keenum thankfully played OK but his deep ball was awful.

On the one to Schwartz, the speed of the receiver and the speed of the wind came in to play.  Bernie didn't have a great arm, but he was good at chucking it up there when the receiver was 20 yards down field rather than 30 yards down field.

Also, the thought process on deep balls has changed over the years.  In the past, QB's would miss long.  Today jump balls or comebacks hoping for interference is preferred by coaches.

Never underestimate the power of anticipation in a QB.

Case developed it after his very structured U OF H years (5 of them setting a ton of records in the process) playing behind Matt Schaub in HOU under Gary Kubiak... another such QB and former Ag.

When you have an average arm, it is what you have to do.

He's a great #2. Will win you the odd game here as he just did stepping in, but not gonna take you to the end of the rainbow... just a step closer. Kinda a cheaper Kurt Cousins