THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread Cardinals at Browns 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

Just now, hx214 said:

No, I'm talking about arm talent. It was like watching a 3rd string guy throw. (Kinda like what Case looked like on those three throws he just had)

baker sucks.....arm...accuracy...yuu name it....and obj...yeah, he's awesome ain't he.....get rid of him before he is seriously injured.....please get rid of him so maybe we can still get something for him....

9 minutes ago, hx214 said:

No, I'm talking about arm talent. It was like watching a 3rd string guy throw. (Kinda like what Case looked like on those three throws he just had)

Arm talent, the ability to rifle a ball,Β is irrelevant to my question.Β Β 

Results are, playstyle is...Β  and the question is valid.

Just now, hx214 said:

Murray wasn't impressive at all today. All week long we had to hear about how great he was. If our DB's could figure out they have to cover someone it would be nice. The throw to AJ Green over the shoulder was about the only NFL throw he had to make today. The rest he sailed 15 rows into the stands.Β 

he's still better than what we have....

Just now, browns52 said:

baker sucks.....arm...accuracy...yuu name it....and obj...yeah, he's awesome ain't he.....get rid of him before he is seriously injured.....please get rid of him so maybe we can still get something for him....

You can't. Nobody wants that contract and he's 15 mil vs the cap. Buckle up. He's here for the season.

4 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Murray wasn't impressive at all today. All week long we had to hear about how great he was. If our DB's could figure out they have to cover someone it would be nice. The throw to AJ Green over the shoulder was about the only NFL throw he had to make today. The rest he sailed 15 rows into the stands.Β 

He didn't have to be impressive. He made plays with his legs when they were there and distributed the ball to the open man.Β  He didn't have to be impressive on a day where the opposing offense implodes.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Arm talent, the ability to rifle a ball,Β is irrelevant to my question.Β Β 

Results are, playstyle is...Β  and the question is valid.

Ya. Go watch the replay of that Lions game today and let me know what ya think.Β 

11 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can we name all the starting QBs that he’s head and shoulders better than? Β The answer IMO changes too muchΒ 

The setup we have here with theΒ line,Β the backs,Β the WRs. We don’t need a volatile wildcard

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does anyone feel Baker is franchise? Because his level of play is about Goff in LA.Β 

the Injuries stink this year. Β DB injuries cost us last week. Β The tackle spot hurt us today.

We are missing a QB. Β The one we have is too wildly inconsistent to put together three good games in January. Β I don’t think he processes well quickΒ enoughΒ I don’t see him winning a Super Bowl- and I know we were 0-16 but have we elevated the goal here?Β 
Β 

Russell and Rodgers need to be the priority this offseason.Β 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

He didn't have to be impressive. He made plays with his legs when they were there and distributed the ball to the open man.Β  He didn't have to be impressive on a day where the opposing offense implodes.Β 

No, because the defense sucks.Β 

Rewind the pressure plays. Dude paincs, and chucks it up everytime. Dude funbled the ball like 4 times .. (how the hell can't we get one of those)

He can be better than our QB. But we had to hear how great he was all week and that wasn't QB one in the NFL. Should ate his lunch today.Β 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does anyone feel Baker is franchise? Because his level of play is about Goff in LA.Β 

I think the Browns can win a lot of games with Baker.

I also think the Browns won't win manyΒ games because of Baker.Β 

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in the upcoming months in the Browns front office when Berry and Co. discuss Baker and his upcoming free agency.Β 

Kind of what our offense needs. Β AndΒ We don’t need a whole lot. Β 

Just now, hx214 said:

Ya. Go watch the replay of that Lions game today and let me know what ya think.Β 

Goff.Β  While. In.Β  L.A.Β 

Is there something not getting through to you here?!Β 

Β 

Baker 2020

62.8 3563 26 5.3

Β 

Goff 2017Β 

62.1 3804 28 5.9

Β 

I know, sucks to have to admit this.

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Watching the game with a former teammate of mine and he asked a question that is sticking with me...

Is Baker head and shoulders better than Goff was in LA?Β 

No

Goff.Β  While. In.Β  L.A.Β 

Is there something not getting through to you here?!Β 

Β 

Baker 2020

62.8 3563 26 5.3

Β 

Goff 2017Β 

62.1 3804 28 5.9

Β 

I know, sucks to have to admit this.

I think your mistaking me for some Baker Mayfield fanboy.Β 

I could give a shit about numbers in two different offenses.Β 

They wanna trade Baker for someone and move on. Cool.

Watch the two guys play. It's not even close. Goff isn't even a backup QB in this league once his contract runs out.Β 

3 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I think your mistaking me for some Baker Mayfield fanboy.Β 

I could give a shit about numbers in two different offenses.Β 

They wanna trade Baker for someone and move on. Cool.

Watch the two guys play. It's not even close. Goff isn't even a backup QB in this league once his contract runs out.Β 

Offenses with similar structures and language. Offenses that had/have talent which elevated their QB play.Β Β 

Offenses where the QB couldn't elevateΒ the game of the players around them. Goff in LA and in DET. Which is how we know his time in L.A. was because of said surrounded talent.Β 

However the Rams made the mistake of paying Goff because of their lack of proper evaluation and the tendency to pay for even remotely decent QB play in a QB starved game.Β  A mistake the Rams had to mortgage a lot of capital in order to get out from under said Goff contract.Β 

Here the Browns are, on the cusp of making a similar decision that the Rams did.

Β 

So I'll ask again for anyone able to give a counter worth reading.... Baker head and shoulders above whereΒ Goff was L.A. ?

Enough to pay 25+Β  mil a year?

Β 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Offenses with similar structures and language. Offenses that had/have talent which elevated their QB play.Β Β 

Offenses where the QB couldn't elevateΒ the game of the players around them. Goff in LA and in DET. Which is how we know his time in L.A. was because of said surrounded talent.Β 

However the Rams made the mistake of paying Goff because of their lack of proper evaluation and the tendency to pay for even remotely decent QB play in a QB starved game.Β  A mistake the Rams had to mortgage a lot of capital in order to get out from under said Goff contract.Β 

Here the Browns are, on the cusp of making a similar decision that the Rams did.

Β 

So I'll ask again for anyone able to give a counter worth reading.... Baker head and shoulders above whereΒ Goff was L.A. ?

Enough to pay 25+Β  mil a year?

Β 

I think Baker can be a winning starting QB for a longer stretch than Goff.

I also think, like Goff, that Baker needs a decent amount of help to be productive, and is somewhat limited.Β 

I think your comparison is fair, even if I think Baker is better than Goff long-term.Β 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Baker can be a winning starting QB for a longer stretch than Goff.

I also think, like Goff, that Baker needs a decent amount of help to be productive, and is somewhat limited.Β 

I think your comparison is fair, even if I think Baker is better than Goff long-term.Β 

Honest response.Β  Β Do you pay that QB 25+ a year though?Β 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Honest response.Β  Β Do you pay that QB 25+ a year though?Β 

That is a great fucking question.Β 

I think he can be in the top half of starting QBs, for the rest of the decade. Somewhere in the 10-16 range.Β 

I wonder, in this scheme, if the Browns will start to wonder if they can find someone who can produce at a similar pace, but won't cost what Baker will cost very soon. I honestly could see this scenario happening, where the Browns target someone they think fits this offense, and they let Baker go if he doesn't take a team-friendly contract.