THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread Browns at Chargers🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

18 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

We had an easy first down, though. That’s a pathetic drop from an 18 million dollar WR.

it’s admittedly harder by the week to defend the guy. He can’t help injuries of course but that’s just lousy.Β 

He sure isn’t worth his salaryΒ 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Β  so Higgy read it and snapped off, Baker read it and trusted his receiver.Β  Good play on the YY stick out design.

saw 2 of these on all 22's... they makeΒ quite a combo

Just now, D Bone said:

54 seconds on clock for Chargers to respond. Should be less than 25.

Hey I an get some more FL points........eh nevermind.

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

54 seconds on clock for Chargers to respond. Should be less than 25.

Thank god the Browns didn't use a timeout, or you'd blow a gasket.Β πŸ˜‚

Did you have one of your good luck vegan breakfast burritos things this morning?

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I think this should cool the "Baker is crap" talk, which will cool the "If you dare criticize Baker you aren't a real Browns fan" talk, and I'll be goddamned if I know which one is more annoying.

Definitely a good matchup..... but I prefer the OBJ is awesome crowd vs the OBJ makes Baker worse crowd myself.Β 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I think this should cool the "Baker is crap" talk, which will cool the "If you dare criticize Baker you aren't a real Browns fan" talk, and I'll be goddamned if I know which one is more annoying.

Both are.Β Β 

I have concerns because a lot of these throws have been safe, short, plenty of yac. He's been late with a few and still hasn't delivered timely outside.Β  But when you can punish down the lane, it sure does hide those flaws.

Β 

• Upvote 1

Man, 38 seconds and 1 TO and we never threatened for 7. Glad for the 3 as that got back what OBJ pissed away, but that was a rough 38 seconds.Β 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

That was a bit of a line drive, but it counts.Β 

Offense looks pretty damn good.Β 

Not to brag but, I said if you want to beat the bolts you have to commit to the run. Chubb and Hunt should both get 15+Β 

Force the chargers safeties to fly downhill (they are) and it opens the screen game.Β 

Credit Stef and the coaching staff for smart, simple and effective game planning.Β  Β This is the type of team that gives teams built like the chargers fits.Β  Β I even mentioned the 2000s colts.Β Β 

Same same.

Just now, Kvoethe said:

I love all the tv coverage...able to antenna it since I dumped cable!!

Go Browns!!!

Oh yeah what a nice feeling....... almost like halftime snack time.Β  Β Toasted cheese sandwich, ummm-ummm.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah what a nice feeling....... almost like halftime snack time.Β  Β Toasted cheese sandwich, ummm-ummm.

thats whatΒ  were doing for dinnerΒ  helluva first half

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, 38 seconds and 1 TO and we never threatened for 7. Glad for the 3 as that got back what OBJ pissed away, but that was a rough 38 seconds.Β 

To be fair if we had snapped it at 1 second on play clock like you complained about previously it would have been 9 seconds left and we wouldn't have threatened for a td with that amountΒ either. Two wrongs don't make a right I get that.Β  But without snapping the ball when we did on the previous drive we wouldn't have even got 3 as the chargers would have likelyΒ sat on it and then no turnover occurs

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

To be fair if we had snapped it at 1 second on play clock like you complained about previously it would have been 9 seconds left and we wouldn't have threatened for a td with that amountΒ either. Two wrongs don't make a right I get that.Β  But without snapping the ball when we did on the previous drive we wouldn't have even got 3 as the chargers would have likelyΒ sat on it and then no turnover occurs

If you say hit me while holding 20 and get an Ace, it still doesn't make it the correct call... ever.Β 

The Browns should have milked the clock as far as they could to not give the Chargers any time to respond... that is always the correct call even when it works out in Aces like it did today.Β 

39 seconds and 1 TO we should've had at least 1 quality shot at 7. The TO needed to be called after the 1st down screen and that's 100% on Stef.Β