THE BROWNS BOARD

We have a QB (BQ)

Lollygagger

after a 7 page thread full of a buncha skirt wearing fairies who are all butt-hurt that their internets dont suit them, you'd think you'd learn.

but no, not here. my apologies to those of you that are cool and have some reason, but most of you are completely fcuking stupid. the only common sense i see here is directly related to football, and most of you can't get that right.

so fcuk off...if there was anything worth commenting on....i would. but a mental midget such as yourself doesn't realize im here to read browns news. so when i open any thread and see someone else being a complete ass, forcing me to shift thru all the idiotic posts from those such as yourself that cannnot see fit to shut the fcuk up, then i throw in my jabs. one troll post i can deal with, but the 10 that come after from those unable to control their stupidity do get a bit annoying.

so, make yourself feel better internet tough guy. type all those big words that you think i care about. fcuking tool.....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D&S brings up an interesting point and something that Stan/Z keep pining for: dazzling QB play.

Quinn still has a ton of road to travel before anyone can say he's "the guy". What's clear to me at this point is that he's currently our BEST guy.

However, his game isn't DA's. Its not as exciting (read: vertical) based on what we've seen so far. It looks to be deliberate. That's not a bad thing if (the big "if") he can sustain drives and put points on the board. I'd also wonder what a running game would do for either QB. :rolleyes:

That's what he said last week too, and it seemed as though Anderson got more reps.

Personally, I'm beginning to think those kinds of statements from Mangini are more for the fans (and the media feeding frenzy) than anything else.

He knows what he needs to know and I'm guessing he's known it for awhile.

i don't think so, i think his reference to game 2 was that DA would get the same amount as BQ got in game 1. hence getting equal playing time between the 2 games.

after a 7 page thread full of a buncha skirt wearing fairies who are all butt-hurt that their internets dont suit them, you'd think you'd learn.

but no, not here. my apologies to those of you that are cool and have some reason, but most of you are completely fcuking stupid. the only common sense i see here is directly related to football, and most of you can't get that right.

so fcuk off...if there was anything worth commenting on....i would. but a mental midget such as yourself doesn't realize im here to read browns news. so when i open any thread and see someone else being a complete ass, forcing me to shift thru all the idiotic posts from those such as yourself that cannnot see fit to shut the fcuk up, then i throw in my jabs. one troll post i can deal with, but the 10 that come after from those unable to control their stupidity do get a bit annoying.

so, make yourself feel better internet tough guy. type all those big words that you think i care about. fcuking tool.....

Go blow DA & Lums, eat that, you'll feel better twat!

Guest Aloysius
Anderson has played well in two straight games, though, and that's worth mentioning. I have to wonder if the phones are ringing in Berea, because if somebody wants to trade for him, right now is the time, with 15 more days before the opener.

I'm kind of skeptical that a trade would happen this late in the process, but I'm more confident now that DA will be competing for a starting job next year.

Probably not here and most likely as an underdog, but he should get a shot. He deserves one.

You're really grasping there, pal.

God bless ya!

Not grasping at all. If DA had been in there and got a TD then put back in, I'd wonder the same thing. Neither QB has proven they can lead 2 TD drives back to back.

That said, BQ finally showed a little something and DA didn't do all that poorly. The Browns may have a serviceable QB situation.

You got pwn3d by a trolling post.

Carry on.

Not grasping at all. If DA had been in there and got a TD then put back in, I'd wonder the same thing. Neither QB has proven they can lead 2 TD drives back to back.

That said, BQ finally showed a little something and DA didn't do all that poorly. The Browns may have a serviceable QB situation.

Mr. Drunk & Stupid, I can relate to both, and if honest most can. I want you to know that I rarely agree with you, but I respect the

manner in which you present your opinion. You're 1st class in my book.

I was reading through the pages on this thread and I couldn't believe what I was reading. The gall of you people... people name calling DA, and trash talking him.

I'm happy for BQ's performance.... very happy in fact. But I cant believe how much hate some of you guys dish out on Anderson. I'm sorry, did he throw 5 interceptions tonight? No. He played well too... He played very well and moved the ball downfall. His drive was killed by a sack and 2 penalties.

He had a throw that was almost a pick, yes... and tripped a ref on accident. Those were bad. I'm not going to excuse those. But damn, I can't believe how some of you guys are trash talking him so bad, talking about him like he's a horrible QB that can't play worth shit. What the hell is wrong with you all? The man led us to a 10 win season, for crying out loud.

Yes, lets celebrate for Quinn's great performance... but that doesn't mean we have to dish out hate on our former starting QB. :mad:

He had a throw that was almost a pick

It was only "almost" a pick because he throws a 5yd pass like it's a 30yd pass. His own incompetence saved him from that pick.

and tripped a ref on accident.

He didn't "trip a ref on accident." He was standing somewhere were HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. But I guess it's the ref's fault for not looking out for DA. Funny that I've never seen a QB get a penalty while riding pine, yet DA managed to pull it off.

The man led us to a 10 win season, for crying out loud.

2 years ago against one of the weakest schedules in NFL history. Take out the first Cincy game, Miami, and St. Louis (3 of the worst teams in recent memory) and take another look at DA's stats and think about how many wins he "led" us to.

our former starting QB.

about the only thing you said that makes sense.

It was only "almost" a pick because he throws a 5yd pass like it's a 30yd pass. His own incompetence saved him from that pick.

He didn't "trip a ref on accident." He was standing somewhere were HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. But I guess it's the ref's fault for not looking out for DA. Funny that I've never seen a QB get a penalty while riding pine, yet DA managed to pull it off.

2 years ago against one of the weakest schedules in NFL history. Take out the first Cincy game, Miami, and St. Louis (3 of the worst teams in recent memory) and take another look at DA's stats and think about how many wins he "led" us to.

about the only thing you said that makes sense.

Well said....very well said.

problem with keeping the loser is that you have split support. some players and fans support one guy, the others support the other guy. get rid of the loser and everyone falls behind one QB, and your team works alot better.

I am anticipating serious offensive line problems this season as old age takes it coarse on the right side of the line and we will need a good backup qb for the rest of this year because there is a real good chance our starter will get dinged up if not broke up...and theres no way you grab someone elses leftover veteran qb and effectively replace DA or BQ as a backup so my thougts are the loser stays and because the loser stays the competition is still on as mangini always insists its an ongoing process and the starter unless he proves himself is subject to change...

By next season the real starter should be determined in full and the other guy will be dangled out as trade bait to end the circus....of course there is always the possibility we get an offer we cant refuse for our backup which will leave the team vunerable this season because in my mind its not a matter of if our Oline fails its a mattter of when....:)

Unless he Browns are offerred high value(2nd round)then both qb's stayon the roster this year.

DA and BQ are making significant cash no matter what, keeping both on the roster will make sense as long as the backup behaves.

I thought they would of traded one before the draft, they both have seen enough preseason snaps to be a prepared backup.

Other injuries to key players could force us to move one, there should still be some value for one at the end of the season.

BQ does look as if he's been shot out of a cannon, he's ready to go every play.

I think DA's stalled drive was the difference. It was a microcosm of things we've seen before.

He took a sack on a safety blitz, because he didn't read it pre-snap and had nowhere to go. Brady, on the other hand, was picking up blitzes all night pre-snap. Probably the best example of that was the throw to Cribbs on the hot read an instant before the blitzing safety hit him. Beautiful read and throw.

After DA's sack, the Browns were late getting to the line of scrimmage and a false start resulted. Now a promising drive turned into 2nd and 23 and after a couple plays that was it.

I know people want to downplay Quinn's command of the offense, but you can't. It's a big deal. A huge deal. It shows up the most in three vital areas: 1) Offensive tempo 2) Pre-snap reads 3) Two-minute offense. Quinn has shown his ability to do well in all three areas this pre-season. DA, on the other hand, has done quite well with tempo (especially when Daboll lets him throw the ball three/four times in a row) but he has struggled with the second and third areas.

For those of you who will argue about Quinn's sack against Detroit being a failed pre-snap read, it wasn't. He was sacked by the defensive end because of a missed blocking assignment. And against Green Bay, his hurried throw on the first possession was on a naked bootleg where it was designed for the DE to come free.

Regardless of what everyone thinks of DA, he's had a good preseason. Still, Quinn has had better tangible and intangible results. BQ is our starter, but we need a good backup and who's better than DA to do that? We're in good shape at the QB position.

Now about that running game . . .

WoW what an awsome night.

Both of our QB's played solid. I really think that Quinn is the starter now, and he should be rightfully so. It's his time and his chance to take the reigns for this team and this city. Anderson was a good QB for us in 2007, we all know the story about that year. Last year was painfully bad, he is not as bad as we were last year. He had his shot though and that's the thing. We know what we have in him, I reallly think he has hit his ceiling as a player. So it's time to move on and see what else we have here and I am looking forward to it.

James Davis...wooo boy. I know that he is just a rookie, but he shows that fight that makes you think he can break one every time he touches the ball. I really am starting to like this guy.

Mike Furrey is a stud, plain and simple. This guy is going to be a hero here is he keeps up the type of play and intensity that he has shown so far. It was also nice to see Braylon catch some balls ( with his hands too!!!)

We just beat a playoff caliber team, and that's refreshing. I know it's preseason and it's not always the #1's but you have to remember we throwing rookies in there and loads of subs, and everyone seems to be pulling together. I know I can't wait to see our defense in the regular season when they open it up fully. I hope it's scary.

Go Browns :)

I am anticipating serious offensive line problems this season as old age takes it coarse on the right side of the line and we will need a good backup qb for the rest of this year because there is a real good chance our starter will get dinged up if not broke up...and theres no way you grab someone elses leftover veteran qb and effectively replace DA or BQ as a backup so my thougts are the loser stays and because the loser stays the competition is still on as mangini always insists its an ongoing process and the starter unless he proves himself is subject to change...

By next season the real starter should be determined in full and the other guy will be dangled out as trade bait to end the circus....of course there is always the possibility we get an offer we cant refuse for our backup which will leave the team vunerable this season because in my mind its not a matter of if our Oline fails its a mattter of when....:)

I keep seeing people say something like this, did no one see the quote from mangini where he said the winner of the competition is the QB... for good?

I keep seeing people say something like this, did no one see the quote from mangini where he said the winner of the competition is the QB... for good?

I did...and took it with a grain of salt.

I don't think the plan is to yo-yo, or be quick about it...but points is the key for i assume Quinn.

Just my take on Quinn ...BQ is going to live and die with his 3rd down passing as we are going to be in 3rd and 4 after 3rd and 4 as he comes from the Tim Couch school of qbing..play it safe and short...and I am not saying that as a jab...it is just the way it is and it can work.

I expect to see Dawson kicking lot's of fieldgoals with BQ at the helm.

JMO

Archived