THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread: Bears at Browns🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Who? Peters? That man has been washed and anyone who called him "one of the best" literally has no idea what they're talking about.

I don't know who it was here that was claiming that, but I heard it by TV commentators before the game as well.

EDIT: There was also someone here (OSU homer likely) saying Fields was going to run rings around post-COVID MG.

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I felt sorry for Peters today.

Can you believe he started his career as aΒ TE…the guy needs a diet plan.

I think Woods felt sorry for him when he kicked Myles inside…which by the way great idea and hopefully employed a lot more moving forward.Β 

The announcers were mentioning that it appeared that the Bears let Myles go one-on-one all day long, which begs the question of when exactly will the Bears coaching staff be fired?

I - and just about anyone else - would double Myles all day and beg someone else to beat you to the QB. Not sure what the hell the Bears were thinking.Β 

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Unreal. Β Blitz three and drop everyone 70 yards and give up a 35 yard completion to set it up.

MoronsΒ 

RE: Ratbirds game.Β  Not only shitΒ secondary coverage, Jackson got away withΒ an extra 1.6 second delay of game on that throw that wasn't called. Lions fans are furious.Β  Β 

A few final thoughts... Stef is smart enough to go with the running back with the hot hand (Hunt). I've been watching football for many decades, but it's been a long time that I've ever seen a team held to ONE net yard passing.Β Β 

Myles put his name in for defensive player of the week. Fields isn't slow, and Garrett ran him down a couple of times.Β 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

RE: Ratbirds game.Β  Not only shitΒ secondary coverage, Jackson got away withΒ an extra 1.6 second delay of game on that throw that wasn't called. Lions fans are furious.Β  Β 

So the replay refereeΒ can figure out that Harrison should be ejected in the Chiefs game, but no one can figure out that the Ravens snapped the ball way beyond 0.0 on the play clock?

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So the replay refereeΒ can figure out that Harrison should be ejected in the Chiefs game, but no one can figure out that the Ravens snapped the ball way beyond 0.0 on the play clock?

The NFL will apologize Monday

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wasn't someone here worried about Myles going up against one of the best LTs in pro ball?   4 1/2 plus an in the grasp getaway for a team cleanup sack. I'd say the COVID thing is a thing of the past now.😁

I posted on Twitter that Myles was going be on a mission, and it's certainly true. It didn't take a genius to predict that and many others knew he'd show up, but good LORD. Now, the Bears certainly helped us out with their lack of viable game plan and poor execution, but Myles was an absolute freak today.Β 

Out of the nine sacks (nine btw), my favorite was probably the Malik McDowell one. Just raw power and quickness.Β 

I feel bad for the defense with that pass interference penalty. That was a 50 yard bullcrap gift that not only provided 3 points but took away an interception.Β 

If I had one complaint about the defense, and I'm nitpicking here, it'd be that they couldn't get the ball away. Nine sacks and no fumbles? Our defense needs to find a way to score the ball some. I know, I know...it's not that simple, but we're going to have games where we absolutely need more points and the offense isn't getting it done. Heck, it was almost THIS game. Don't bite my head off! I'm severely nitpicking. Defense was incredibly brilliant, just amazing.Β 

Baker Mayfield was off today. He missed multiple throws that he just doesn't miss, and missed them by a mile. His velocity was also absent, so that tells me he was hurting. Something was off with him. That missed big gainer to Felton was really costly, as we failed the 4th down conversion.Β 

Also, where were the TEs? Nothing to Njoku? Bryant? Very strange. We had several plays for them, but Baker missed Bryant badly on an intermediate ball and I'll not sure we targeted Njoku. We HAVE to figure out ways of involving the Chief early. Just have to.Β 

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I feel bad for the defense with that pass interference penalty. That was a 50 yard bullcrap gift that not only provided 3 points but took away an interception.Β 

You shouldn't feel bad about that, because it was pass interference. If that had happened to Baker and the Browns, and it had NOT been called P.I., you would have shit a white fluffy rabbit.Β 

What I really felt great about regarding how the defense looked (beyond the fantastic pass rush) was just how fast the defense in general looked. There were a few times Fields looked like he would tuck the ball and get some cheap yards, but the defense swarmed to him every time. Chad Henne doesn't look like he's picking up 15 yards against THIS Browns defense.Β 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well you show me who so I can properly make fun of them.Β 

I will have to rely on the culprit because I'm too lazy to page through all the posts & threads the past several days leading up to kickoff.😴😁

Wish I could remember which commentator too, but I plead Donnie/Joe disease.πŸ˜‚

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I've seen this plenty of times on the browns. Is the online terrible because they are terrible or because fields can't get the ball away and they can't block forever?

Oh no, that oline is the worst I've seen in quite a while.Β 

Β 

Edit: Nagy and the coaching staff also didn't do Fields any favors.Β 

Baker is looking like a more athletic Drew Brees.Β  Sliding in the pocket, more accurate each time he goes out, "can't see over the line," male pattern baldness before the rookie contract is finished. Only slightly early, but if he keeps the humility [and the game improvements come as a result of the ability to acknowledge his weaknesses and be willingΒ to work on them] and that's what the ceiling is.

OBJ is not the problem - that narrative was always ridiculously stupid and can now be set aside.Β  News flash: AΒ great receiver takes a good offense & makes it better.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Aight. You've witnessed enough bad QB play. Time will tell what young Justin makes of himself.Β 

Sam Darnold says "hi".Β  Β Only hope is that Fields isn't completely ruined before a new coaching staff and offensive line or getting the hell out of CHI.

As for Baker, I have concerns about his non-throwing shoulder moving forward.Β  It clearly affected his accuracy at times yesterday.Β 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm not giving fields a pass. He stinks. I appreciated Ohio State beating Clemson, but I knew he had a LOT of work to do to make it in the pros. He still has a lot of work to do in order to even make it to average.Β 

I even noticed at Ohio state... He made mental gaffs that I thought might cost him in the NFL that he got away with in College... Fields is not an NFL QB....

26 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

and offensive line or getting the hell out of CHI

The problem with CHI is the barely-NFL-caliber OL.Β  If anyone should be fired immediately... it's not the coach or the QB, it's the Chicago GM who assembled thatΒ collection of "talent" --Β Ryan Pace.

Fields had a DL in his face nearly every play almost before he had hit the top of his drop... that's simply not on him.Β  Throughout most of the 3rd quarter he had almost as many yards lost to sack as he had positive passing yards.Β  The 40yard PI [which was a BS call] in the 3rd basically doubled their offensive output to that point..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Sam Darnold says "hi".Β  Β Only hope is that Fields isn't completely ruined before a new coaching staff and offensive line or getting the hell out of CHI.

As for Baker, I have concerns about his non-throwing shoulder moving forward.Β  It clearly affected his accuracy at times yesterday.Β 

I thought Bakers footwork was off yesterday. MostlyΒ due to the pressure- he’s worked with clean pockets all year up to Sunday.

It looked like his feet were a mess on the wide open miss to Harrison Bryant.

NO complaints about Woods from me. The pass defense was freaking aggressive. They gelled, apparently.

Between Baker's left shoulder, and Wills, Tretter and Conklin playing banged up/questionable...that is serious guts. Bitonio had

a tough time at times - seemed to adapt later in the second half. I thought their defense was keying on stopping #24 as their game plan. Even then, Chubb and Hunt had rushing totals in the eighties. That is impressive.

And I think 57 yard field goals are history being made... Not many of those happen successfully.

3 minutes ago, Silver slayer said:

Vikings defensive front is better than the bears,Β  or Seattle o line is that bad?

Seattle got destroyed yesterday.Β 

And my eyes seen myles getting sacks even being doubled.Β  What was said about him notΒ  being doubled?Β 

Seattle Oline is also bad.Β  Vikings Dline is decent.