THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

A perfect start for The Great Zomboni ... 4-0 Against the Spread. But we need an actual Browns victory before Selma will let me do a tequila shot off her cleavage. 

salma-hayek-white-tight-dress-t.webp?fil

So let's see what is in store for this week...

Cincinnati at Chicago, Sunday 1:00 PM

Nice little win to start the season for the Bungles. But we all know Cincinnati can't have nice things ... so this week they lose to the man they belovedly called the Red Rifle. Dalton's boys pull out the win after the Chicago Front Seven control Cincy's line all day. BEARS 23 BUNGLES 17

Houston at Cleveland, Sunday 1:00 PM

When I see Houston @ Cleveland, I get visions of the baby blue run-n-shoot offense taking on the Dawg Defense in the Pound with biscuits flying. But, alas, it is just the Texans, which should be a good opportunity for the Browns new defense to shine. Ground and Pound. BROWNS 27 TEXANS 10

Las Vegas at Pittsburgh, Sunday 1:00 PM

On the other hand, when I see "Las Vegas" I have a soulless feeling. But ... Raiders @ Steelers ... Now THAT was the best rivalry of the 70s. But Jack Tatum is not walking through that door, so this version of the Raiders will fall short at the confluence. STEELERS 34 RAIDERS 27

Kansas City at Baltimore, Sunday Night Football 8:20 PM

The Ratbirds get to start the season losing two straight games in Prime Time ... Because there is no way they are beating these Chiefs. CHIEFS 37 RAVENS 26

TGZ

• Upvote 2

This week in the AFCN let's get to it......

First my TNF big winner, hey 1 big point.

@Washington   vs X New York (NYG) 4.0 3.0 3.0 3.0 CorrectWas 30, NYG 29 1

@Chicago   vs X Cincinnati 3.0 3.0 3.0 3.0 Sun 09/19 01:00 PM -
@Cleveland X vs   Houston 11.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 Sun 09/19 01:00 PM -
Bold = Winning Team (Spread) TOTAL POINTS

Kansas City

X vs   @Baltimore 2.5 4.0 3.5 3.5 Sun 09/19 08:20 PM -
@Green Bay X vs   Detroit 10.5 10.5 10.5 10.5 Mon 09/20 08:15 PM -
@Pittsburgh X vs   Las Vegas 6.0 6.0 5.5 5.5 Sun 09/19 01:00 PM -

And all of my answers including my bonus of GB burying DET were verified by Salma..... where's Salma...... she's leaving.

Oh well  GO BROWNS !

Salma-Hayek-15.gif

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

No predictions Z, "The Curse" is in town, but she's not going to be in attendance at the game. The guys are going.... Not sure if she can produce bad karma by just watching the game in Don's living room.... :) 

My son outlawed his Mom from any in-person Aggie games after we lost the one to Baylor she finally attended back in 1985. He lifted it for another A&M Baylor game in 2004 since we had gone all that time without losing to them (one tie). Result? A one point loss in OT when Baylor went for the 2 point conversion after A&M had scored the first TD with an XP kick. She's been back on the ban since that game.😱🏈🤣 Baylor students tore down the goal posts and carted them out of the stadium all the way to the Baylor campus which at that time was on the other side of I-35. 19 years of frustration carried along with them.

PS-Oh, and he shoos her out of the TV room if she tries to walk in to see what's happening. Invariably the other team scores within minutes of an entry.🤮

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My son outlawed his Mom from any in-person Aggie games after we lost the one to Baylor she finally attended back in 1985. He lifted it for another A&M Baylor game in 2004 since we had gone all that time without losing to them (one tie). Result? A one point loss in OT when Baylor went for the 2 point conversion after A&M had scored the first TD with an XP kick. She's been back on the ban since that game.😱🏈🤣 Baylor students tore down the goal posts and carted them out of the stadium all the way to the Baylor campus which at that time was on the other side of I-35. 19 years of frustration carried along with them.

PS-Oh, and he shoos her out of the TV room if she tries to walk in to see what's happening. Invariably the other team scores within minutes of an entry.🤮

The story of how "The Curse" began. Jets Browns double OT playoff game. It's looking bleak. Browns down with 4 minutes to go. Fans leaving the stadium. Sue says, God if the Browns win, I don't care if I ever see the Browns  win another game. Request granted. For the next 20 years, anytime we took her to a Browns game they lost. Didn't matter where. Outside the stadium late for kickoff, Browns ahead of the Steelers. Second she walks in, Steelers score- and of course we lost. Actually 20 years later we took her to another Jets game, (we won) she started crying and we now consider the curse sort of broken.  :) 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Second she walks in, Steelers score- and of course we lost. Actually 20 years later we took her to another Jets game, (we won) she started crying and we now consider the curse sort of broken.  :) 

Buy your women a pet rally possum Office Possum – Archie McPhee  quick, like before Xmas..  🤣 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

The story of how "The Curse" began. Jets Browns double OT playoff game. It's looking bleak. Browns down with 4 minutes to go. Fans leaving the stadium. Sue says, God if the Browns win, I don't care if I ever see the Browns  win another game. Request granted. For the next 20 years, anytime we took her to a Browns game they lost. Didn't matter where. Outside the stadium late for kickoff, Browns ahead of the Steelers. Second she walks in, Steelers score- and of course we lost. Actually 20 years later we took her to another Jets game, (we won) she started crying and we now consider the curse sort of broken.  :) 

Maybe we should both hang garlic around the house on gameday. You know, it works on vampires so nothin' to lose except another game.🧛‍♀️

Someone who recorded the Browns/Texans game needs to screen shot the chick with huge boobs who appears on screen right after the 4th quarter Chubb touchdown. She's in the Dawg Pound, dressed like the Brownie elf, and needs to be Zombo's new AFC North game prediction girl...

Underestimate the evil to the east in Black and Gold at your own peril.

OK.... a couple weeks late, but here I am... and I have (or can )notes from my Dr.s. Not going to predict Week 1, but beg a little Week 2 indulgence.

• @Browns ovver HOU, but we will not cover the 12.5 spread. Man.... I wish I was there... and I could have been but for...

Note to self: Never walk into a bar with an oncologist again.

• PTG (-5.5)... given the opening to this post saying to not take the Steelers lightly, I won't... despite LV being a team on the come. I'm on PTG at home giving the points.
  • KC @ BLT (+3.5) - BLT plus points at home? Gimme that all nite long. LJ running for over a buck is the difference in a shoot out.
  • CIN (+3) @ CHI... strength on strength and weakness v weakness I hthink Cin's O is stronger than CHI's D thanks to Mr. Burrow. and CHI's weakness is weaker than CIN's D thanks to any QB CHI puts on the field... (although Mr. Fields shows more promise than I allowed for in our draft debates). So gimme CIN and the points here.

YUp.... and first cold front is headin into TX this week.

7 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Joe Burrow not looking so good today. 3 picks and one was a pick 6

Took a beating week 1... still the best passing QB in the AFCN.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Someone who recorded the Browns/Texans game needs to screen shot the chick with huge boobs who appears on screen right after the 4th quarter Chubb touchdown. She's in the Dawg Pound, dressed like the Brownie elf, and needs to be Zombo's new AFC North game prediction girl...

I have it saved and will investigate tomorrow when the wife is out and about.

However, I do reserve the right to hire her. or trade her for Salma... the woman can even rock a unibrow.

image.thumb.png.8c8e72eb6494392ee635fb0e5bca6e19.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

KC @ BLT (+3.5) - BLT plus points at home? Gimme that all nite long. LJ running for over a buck is the difference in a shoot out.

As I get to say all too infrequently... I believe I had this. And it was the only one not yet over when I posted... :D

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Underestimate the evil to the east in Black and Gold at your own peril.

OK.... a couple weeks late, but here I am... and I have (or can )notes from my Dr.s. Not going to predict Week 1, but beg a little Week 2 indulgence.

• @Browns ovver HOU, but we will not cover the 12.5 spread. Man.... I wish I was there... and I could have been but for...

Note to self: Never walk into a bar with an oncologist again.

Final CLE 31 HOU 21

Side note... WarriorsRpussies... do we have a bet?

• PTG (-5.5)... given the opening to this post saying to not take the Steelers lightly, I won't... despite LV being a team on the come. I'm on PTG at home giving the points.
  • Final LV26 PTG 13 L
  • KC @ BLT (+3.5) - BLT plus points at home? Gimme that all nite long. LJ running for over a buck is the difference in a shoot out. 
  • Final BLT 36 KC 35 W
  • CIN (+3) @ CHI... strength on strength and weakness v weakness I hthink Cin's O is stronger than CHI's D thanks to Mr. Burrow. and CHI's weakness is weaker than CIN's D thanks to any QB CHI puts on the field... (although Mr. Fields shows more promise than I allowed for in our draft debates). So gimme CIN and the points here.
  • Final CHI 20 CIN 17 Push

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

the curse sort of broken. 

No such thing... same as being sorta pregnant... although in TX now pregnant is just a heart beat away and there ain't nothing that can be done about it.

And h, for the love of God this is NOT the season to test the waters further.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And h, for the love of God this is NOT the season to test the waters further.

Amen to that. Learn from my son's and my Baylor mistake. It was near 20 years into the ban, but still in full force. The "curse" is a lifetime thing.👸

And we thought it was just Baylor. We also took her to see us play Arkansas St. one year because it was going to be an A&M blowout in Mike Sherman's first game in his first year in 2008. They lost of course. And the curse lasted his whole tenure. 😱

On 9/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, gumby73 said:

Buy your women a pet rally possum Office Possum – Archie McPhee  quick, like before Xmas..  🤣 

Sue is deathly afraid of possums. My possum story?  Recycle bin in the garage. rattle, rattle, rattle. There's a possum in it... with a mayonnaise jar on it's head. Well this is going to create a mess after I dump the bin out and hit the thing with a shovel. Couple hours later- the jar is empty and the possum is gone. 

Although surely they can get annoying, possums are nature's pest controller.. ticks, mice, rats, cockroaches, snails, slugs will all see populations decrease to a possum.. Usually they don't like you either and will be on their way.  Your garden will thank you. 

Similar stuff with bats - if we get into larger property/garden sizes, I'll probably look into mounting a bat hotel or two on a shed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have had a family of bats here locally for a few years now.

See one or two (usually late summer after the bat kids fly) flitting around out back at dusk or dawn feeding on whatever insects are around.

Once saw the mass of them leaving the underside of the Congress St. bridge on Austin's north side. Expected a mass cloud of bats, but what got was as orderly as a well-practiced fire drill, i.e., single file, with all leaving the same general area of the bridge in a seemingly endless string of bats.

https://www.austintexas.org/things-to-do/outdoors/bat-watching/