Sign in to follow this  
BrownsHerd

Forgive me but....

Im not from Cleveland and come up from WV for games when I can. Has Muni lot always been a "no alcohol" policy? Saw an article that said no alcohol in Muni lot. 

11 minutes ago, BrownsHerd said:

Im not from Cleveland and come up from WV for games when I can. Has Muni lot always been a "no alcohol" policy? Saw an article that said no alcohol in Muni lot. 

"No alcohol" means no open containers. 

Everybody drinks and smokes.  You just have to keep the drink in an unmarked cup and you're good.  The cops are cool there, they honestly don't care much about what you do as long as the beer is in a solo cup and you're not actively killing anyone.  It's just marked no alcohol for liability reasons, I believe?

And yes, it is the spot.

2 hours ago, BrownsHerd said:

I've also never tailgated in the Muni but I know it's the party lot.

What tia said. Don't wave beer cans around, or fifths of Jack Daniel's. Be discreet  and you'll be fine.  Also, if you actually want to get in the lot, get there early. The gates open up at 7AM, and it fills up fast. 

6 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I did see a snippet somewhere though of the Cleveland police issuing a reminder no alcohol was allowed. 

Riiigggttt. Not allowed,  but if we don't see anything, there's no one drinking adult beverages.  :)

20 hours ago, BrownsHerd said:

It is illegal to drink out in public.  That has always been city policy and they have to maintain that policy everywhere. They can't allow that area to be free from public statute.

So yes, you can be cited for drinking.  But...everybody knows people are going to drink.  As long as you aren't forcing the cops hand by walking around with cans of beer, and aren't acting like a moron...which many do...you're cool.  So if you get arrested by a cop for being a dickhead and you have a beer or something, you will get charged with that as well.

So the moral of this story is don't act like a dickhead and you won't have any problems.  Pour your beverage in to a solid colored cup and enjoy your time in the lot.  If you start puking all over the place, start pissing on cars,  start fighting or harassing other teams fans past the point of good nature, feeling up strange women and so on, then you will go to jail like you should.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

So the moral of this story is don't act like a dickhead

You do realize that you're talking about Football fans...

I guess even worse would be Futball fans.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:52 PM, hoorta said:

Also, if you actually want to get in the lot, get there early. The gates open up at 7AM, and it fills up fast. 

20 hours ago, Orion said:

You do realize that you're talking about Football fans...

None better than a Browns fan.. Saturday was early..

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/18/browns-fans-line-up-2-5-miles-saturday-night-before-sundays-game-to-tailgate/

View image on Twitter

• Like 2

damn i miss tailgating 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, tiamat63 said:

solo cup and you're not actively killing anyone.

kindov a weird pairing...

Idiots.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Idiots.

my thoughts exactly

On 9/20/2021 at 2:13 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I used to love the old fights in the dog pound at Muni.

Then check out the "Upper DP" in the new place. Not really the Pound, but the seat cheaper prices (more money for beer?), reduced security and an ample supply of visiting team fans seem liberating... as in folk, a/k/a idiots, seem to lose their senses.