THE BROWNS BOARD

Chiefs....Bronco's

ballpeen

no. This was the first game - we have new players on defense - that's critical. Just wait til they get the kinks ironed out, which should take about a week of practice. It did not help that Harrison got himself kicked out of the game.

It was a tough matchup for the first game of the season. We're good. Our excellent punter won't make that mistake again.

The defense shut down their running game. Nobody stops Hill and Kelce. The Browns didn't either. No other teams have the likes of a HIll/Kelce/Mahomes trio. We're good. We will win games - a lot of games.

btw, I think Andy Reid is a whining putz for whining about Harrison, when it was his own asst coach that pushed Harrison first.

Watch the tape, Reid, and STFU.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no. This was the first game - we have new players on defense - that's critical. Just wait til they get the kinks ironed out, which should take about a week of practice. It did not help that Harrison got himself kicked out of the game.

It was a tough matchup for the first game of the season. We're good. Our excellent punter won't make that mistake again.

The defense shut down their running game. Nobody stops Hill and Kelce. The Browns didn't either. No other teams have the likes of a HIll/Kelce/Mahomes trio. We're good. We will win games - a lot of games.

btw, I think Andy Reid is a whining putz for whining about Harrison, when it was his own asst coach that pushed Harrison first.

Watch the tape, Reid, and STFU.

I'm sure the OP had in mind last years playoff loss to the Chiefs in mind as a reason to suggest the Chiefs may be that new thorn in our side that we can't seem to beat.

This would be two losses in a row to them. Yesterday was the Chiefs first game too.

We coulda, shoulda, beaten them both times, just as we could have beaten the Broncos. We were clearly the better team.

I don't remember the stats but I bet we shut down Denvers running game, which left it up to Horseface and the 3 Amigos prolific passing game to beat us.

Then there's the matter of shooting ourselves in the foot, and just plain terrible luck against both teams. The one that stands out, and the one we all remember was Byners fumble.

Yes this is starting to smell like the Bronco's again, but it's still too early,  Wait till January when we meet them again.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Anybody else have that fear??

No different issues at play.  It could go the other way and based off these last two meetings would it even be a surprise?  We got valuable experience for our next meeting which I feel/hope we can cook up something better against Hill and Kelce.  The Chiefs have a wide gap with almost every team when it comes to signal caller and HC…not the case against the Browns.

And We need our D coordinator to cook up something for guys like Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes.  Right now, those two are standing in our way of a division and a super bowl…and Joe Woods Defense vs. Jackson and Mahomes…the numbers are supporting their MVP runs.  

I’d like more of run commitment from the Browns against the Chiefs.  

We need to cut down on mistakes…two fumbles and two short fields and another INT.

it was 33-29 against the defending AFC champs in their building with those mistakes.

i had to laugh when Chiefs fans claimed we played as well as we could play.  Even with the Mistakes and a costly ejection first series…not hardly.

PeeWee, PopWarner, Jr. High, HS, College, etc…sideline support staff (including coaches) you don’t lay your hands on opposing players.  Let’s talk about this…Andy Reid and the Chiefs.  The coach should be suspended. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

As financial Institutions say "Past Performance is no guarantee of future results".  Basically, a fumble and a botched punt attempt were the difference. That and Mahomes tossing up a Hail Mary that got answered. 

Assuming we both even get into the playoffs- meeting them again isn't a given. Anyone have the Steelers beating Buffalo yesterday on the road? I didn't. (I'm moderately confident the Bills will end up with more wins than the Steelers) Tampa Bay proved they're not invincible. Lost to the Raiders last year at Arrowhead too.  

I'll just chalk this one up to our unrivaled bad luck in opening games. 

• Upvote 1

Well I know the kid is still young in NFL years, but Mahomes looks like he could be an all-time great. He just makes plays....he's so elusive, and has a gun no matter what arm angle he uses. It's freaky how good he really is. Can it continue is the question.

KC is clearly the team to beat again, and there's quite a few good teams in the AFC. Comparing the Chiefs to the 80s Broncos is kind of understandable, but I do think the Chiefs D isn't very good. We will see (Denvers D of the 80s was tough, until the Super Bowls lol).

Yeah, I think we are all bummed in the outcome. The Browns need to buckle down and win these next 2 home games, gain confidence and go from there. 

• Upvote 1

Broncos lose WR Jerry Jeudy to high ankle sprain. No likely to be back full speed when they come to Cleveland. Our D will eat Bridgewater for lunch. He does not get rid of the ball even close to how fast and accurate that Mahomes does.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Broncos lose WR Jerry Jeudy to high ankle sprain. No likely to be back full speed when they come to Cleveland. Our D will eat Bridgewater for lunch. He does not get rid of the ball even close to how fast and accurate that Mahomes does.

Get with the program. 

This thread topic asks if anyone has concerns over the idea that Chiefs may be the Broncos of the 80's,  who had repeatedly kept us out of the Super Bowl.

We were the superior team back then, yet they beat us by whatever means necessary.  I think we are superior to the Chiefs, yet they beat us 2 straight by whatever means necessary.

They seem to have this "refuse to lose to the Browns"  attitude imbedded in their psyche.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Get with the program. 

This thread topic asks if anyone has concerns over the idea that Chiefs may be the Broncos of the 80's,  who had repeatedly kept us out of the Super Bowl.

We were the superior team back then, yet they beat us by whatever means necessary.  I think we are superior to the Chiefs, yet they beat us 2 straight by whatever means necessary.

They seem to have this "refuse to lose to the Browns"  attitude imbedded in their psyche.

They are still a step ahead in two key areas: HC and QB but that is not say we can’t be better (on the scoreboard) than the Chiefs over a 60 minute period next January and our coach and QB are pretty dang good too. 

Those two areas while arguably the most important areas are complicated by the fact that We are better with our OL vs Their DL vice versa (in the trenches).  And most of us know this can tip any game as it did Sunday if not for our mistakes in our favor.

They can whine about Honey Badger/Frank Clark but we can whine about OBJ.   Ronnie Harrison and Grant Delpit would have helped our cause too.

We were a better team Sunday…and it is hard for some of those Ozark Simpletons to figure that out I just hope they aren’t surprised by that come January when punt snaps aren’t dropped.

Please give us relatively good health and some improvement with our young guys over the course of the year. 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, ballpeen said:

Just to answer the question, yes, I can understand such a phobia.  Bradshaw, Elway, Mahomes.......but I can't let myself go down that road.