THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟧🟫 Official Gameday Thread Browns Chiefs 🟫🟧🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

2 minutes ago, ATOM said:

shitΒ sandwich !

At least my afternoon grilled salmon lunch was delicious.

The game was good right up to the crucial gaffs in the second half.Β  Oh well......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FALCON7 said:

Has Baker ever had a meaningful 4th qtr. drive to win the game?Β Other than the 2018 Bungals...Β 

I don't know off hand, how many games did they win last year ?

You could start there and look it up,Β 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I don't know off hand, how many games did they win last year ?

You could start there and look it up,Β 

he had 2 shots vs the chiefs....one last yr in the divisional game and then today and failed.....can't blame the loss on him though....our defense stinks....can't create a turnover worth a shit....the secondary sucks...there is no improvement there.....dline looked good against the run today.....the qb rush had big issues today.....seems like they mostly over ran the rush...mahommes just steps up in the pocket and has all the options in the world....i don't know about our d coordinator....seems like we should have had some contain on mahommes....there was none at all....seems like allΒ  our dline just took bad angles or over ran the play.....and our special team play....yikes...

This game unfolded almost exactly like I thought it would, and how many of us thought it would. It was a SEASON OPENER. We do NOT win season openers for crying out loud. The most we could hope for was to come out healthy, but that didn't happen either. Losing Wills is absolutely crushing, and regardless of how serious his injury is, he's certainly missing time. Not good.Β 

Harrison's ejection was worse than it appeared. We actually got a penalty against the Chiefs, and if Harrison could've reacted like a normal person, the Chiefs would've been behind the sticks. I hope he gets fined and suspended. It's what he deserves.Β 

I don't think I've ever...I mean EVER seen an NFL punter drop a perfect snap. Maybe one other time...I can't remember. But suffice to say our idiot punter sealed the deal.Β 

Chubb...I don't know what to say. He killed us today. I just got finished texting my friend that whoever turned it over first would likely lose. Blame me because 3 seconds later Chubb coughed it up. Chubb is my favorite player and it tore me apart to see that.Β 

OBJ...his loss absolutely destroyed us. Think back to the Cowboys last year. We needed a play and OBJ basically saved our asses single handedly. We needed something special in the second half and nobody was home.Β 

Clowney was good and uber fast but made a horrific blunder. He had Mahomes dead to rights in the red zone but didn't slow down and ran right by him. If he breaks down and forces Mahomes backwards, it's an incomplete pass at best.Β 

I'm not in the mood for positive things yet. There were a bunch of those, too, but I largely saw a team choke that's nowhere near ready for the big leagues. Cincy won, Pittsburgh won (duh), and Baltimore will win. Starting off on the wrong foot, but it's a long season. Bring on the Texans, who are somehow 1-0 and possibly favored to beat us.Β 

I'm extremely frustrated by our second half performance, but again, it's a long season and we'll rally. I'll talk about the good stuff later when I'm more even-keeled. Haha. Much love brothers.Β 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

Has Baker ever had a meaningful 4th qtr. drive to win the game?Β Other than the 2018 Bungals...Β 

Last year he beat Bengals.Β 

2 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

It's not as bad as Jerry Jeudy's injury [he required a stretcher], butΒ it's also some level of a high ankle sprain.. I wouldn't be shocked if Wills returns next week, it was non-contact

Man, that'd be terrific. I was thinking 2-4 weeks, but I'd be thrilled with no time missed!Β 

26 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

The 2020 Bengals the 2019 bills game. Baker didn't lose this game he played great.

I wouldn’t say Baker played great. But he wasn’t the reason they lost. 2 turnovers led to 14 points. That’s why they lost

Just now, Browns149 said:

I wouldn’t say Baker played great. But he wasn’t the reason they lost. 2 turnovers led to 14 points. That’s why they lost

He had the cherry on top of the choke sundae the Browns served up to the Chiefs.Β 

Until then, he had played great.Β 

These are the type of losses, I'd like to puke at the end of & I won't sleep a wink tonight'...

#1. Chubb's fumble was the perfect hit..non issue, a good football play..

#2. We hold KC to a FG & wereΒ up 22-20 (not a TD*)

#3.. I sawΒ a confidentΒ gleam (gentlemen)Β πŸ€“Β  in our play calling head coachπŸ‘€Β  crammingΒ 6 of 9, running plays down KC's neck toΒ a K.Hunt TD to go up 29-20Β :)

#4 KC (chuck/lucks) on aΒ one hit bomb,Β testing a injury returning JJ3 (my wtf trainer/coach moment)Β were still up 29-27Β 

don't you dare let your foot off the smash mouth game stef.. was ourΒ tavern thoughtsΒ πŸ™„

#5.. we than go backwards -10 yards, THR-owing on 3 downs 🀒.. to Gillian dropping a perfect snap. into a panic scramble (if you can run around with it? find a soft spot & punt the damn pigskin Hammer) 

#6. Surely our first gameΒ curse was back in full view..Β giving upΒ the winning pointsΒ on 3 downs.. F KC-33 Cle-29Β Β 

#7 we forced are own late passing demise.. AndΒ cooked are own ass's in the end..

Β 

RUN THE FUCKING 4Β HEADED ROCK! untilΒ they stop you Stefanski !Β 

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

This game unfolded almost exactly like I thought it would, and how many of us thought it would. It was a SEASON OPENER. We do NOT win season openers for crying out loud. The most we could hope for was to come out healthy, but that didn't happen either. Losing Wills is absolutely crushing, and regardless of how serious his injury is, he's certainly missing time. Not good.Β 

Harrison's ejection was worse than it appeared. We actually got a penalty against the Chiefs, and if Harrison could've reacted like a normal person, the Chiefs would've been behind the sticks. I hope he gets fined and suspended. It's what he deserves.Β 

I don't think I've ever...I mean EVER seen an NFL punter drop a perfect snap. Maybe one other time...I can't remember. But suffice to say our idiot punter sealed the deal.Β 

Chubb...I don't know what to say. He killed us today. I just got finished texting my friend that whoever turned it over first would likely lose. Blame me because 3 seconds later Chubb coughed it up. Chubb is my favorite player and it tore me apart to see that.Β 

OBJ...his loss absolutely destroyed us. Think back to the Cowboys last year. We needed a play and OBJ basically saved our asses single handedly. We needed something special in the second half and nobody was home.Β 

Clowney was good and uber fast but made a horrific blunder. He had Mahomes dead to rights in the red zone but didn't slow down and ran right by him. If he breaks down and forces Mahomes backwards, it's an incomplete pass at best.Β 

I'm not in the mood for positive things yet. There were a bunch of those, too, but I largely saw a team choke that's nowhere near ready for the big leagues. Cincy won, Pittsburgh won (duh), and Baltimore will win. Starting off on the wrong foot, but it's a long season. Bring on the Texans, who are somehow 1-0 and possibly favored to beat us.Β 

I'm extremely frustrated by our second half performance, but again, it's a long season and we'll rally. I'll talk about the good stuff later when I'm more even-keeled. Haha. Much love brothers.Β 

i agree with mostΒ of what you say....first of all....the chubb fumble turned the game in favor of kc....everything went downhill from there.......i don't know about the midset of not winning the first game..yes we do lose them but that has to chg...especially when you are playing a sb champion team...and you have them beat and let them off the hook...and our punter...eeeeeek....i am not very confident in any of our kickers and that is concerining....obj...to me, has not done anything with the browns...the dallas game last yr...they had one of the worse d in the history of the nfl last yr....my high school team could have scoredΒ  against that d...so that's not saying much becasue sinceΒ he has been with the browns he really has not lived up to expectations.....either its because he is not available to play or he is seen bitching about something on the sidelines....it has not happened with baker and obj period....i liked what we did against the run today...big improvement there...i don't think woods is going to be around much longer....wish we would get a top notch d coordinator...we need one....but as you say....long season...lets see what happens....

• Like 1

- Dline is improvedΒ Β 

- Secondary is improvedΒ 

- Offense played pretty damn flawless save for the 2 turnovers late.

- Baker moved well in the pocket, delivered decisively and accuratelyΒ 

Stef knows these teams will be meeting in the post season.Β  No lateral action,Β  no sweeps to Schwartz, didn't really see much pin and pull, trap or draws.Β 

Defensively not moving Myles, not many dime looks, backing out of those double A gap looks are the most obvious.

Β 

Offensive gameplan emphasized efficiency and control before explosion.

Defensive game plan wasn't much different then in the playoffs - bracket tyreek, no deep balls, make them dink and dunk to play patient.Β Β 

Β 

This is a talented team that will go far.Β  We'll have another shot against them.

Β 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

- Dline is improvedΒ Β 

- Secondary is improvedΒ 

Stef knows these teams will be meeting in the post season.Β  No lateral action,Β  no sweeps to Schwartz, didn't really see much pin and pull, trap or draws.Β 

Defensively not moving Myles, not many dime looks, backing out of those double A gap looks are the most obvious.

Β 

Defensive game plan wasn't much different then in the playoffs - bracket tyreek, no deep balls, make them dink and dunk to play patient.Β Β 

Β 

This is a talented team that will go far.Β  We'll have another shot against them.

Β 

maybe we get another shot at them, but we can't play bend and break d against a qb and wr's like they have...this ain't the 60's.....qb's are alot faster and quicker and the wideouts are so much faster and quicker....ala tyree hill etc etc....good luck with bend and break.....we will never see a sb with that style...

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

- Dline is improvedΒ Β 

- Secondary is improvedΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

secondary has improve.....ty hill had 200 yds alone today....what?????????????????

Just now, browns52 said:

secondary has improve.....ty hill had 200 yds alone today....what?????????????????

And Kelce killed them

The defense looked no better then last year

What I noticed:Β  Β Mack Wilson needs to be improved upon.

Harrison did a stupid thing that cost his team.

Hubbard filled in at LT without a ton of drop-off.

DPJ was a non-factor.Β Β 

Schwartz did ok.Β  Did some good things, a rookie thing, and al-most saved the day with a great catch...but the defender did a good job.

Baker did well.Β  Chubb did well (tough break with the fumble in traffic by a torpedo helmet).Β  Hunt did well.

The punter eff'd up.Β  The kicker did well with the kick-offs.

Our pass rush could not get to PM.Β Β 

Where was Higgins?

It was a fun game to watch...'til the end.

26 minutes ago, browns52 said:

Β 

26 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

And Kelce killed them

Β 

So let me calmly explain why you're both wrong.Β  I'll take it as far back as the Super Bowl.Β  Travis Kelce - 15 targets, 11 rec 133 yards.Β Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Tyreek HIll - 10 targets, 7 rec,Β  73 yards

Β 

Remember these numbers.

Was Tampa Bay's secondary bad that game?Β  Hell no.Β  Β However you have to acknowledge against an offense this special, and KC is special, you have to give and take.Β  Β  In the Super Bowl KC couldn't go vertical because their pass pro was so damn bad.Β  Β So they were willing to do their best to bracket Kelce and concede the underneath stuff to Hill to him in order to limit the deep game KC has thrived off.Β  Β  Kelce still ate.

But what KC does best, what they thrive off of - the vertical passing game, they were denied.Β Β 

The idea in this game was much similar.Β  Except the bracket was being thrown at Tyreek and you hope your best athletes can handle Kelce underneath.Β  Β  Remember that second throw to Kelce on the shake? That was on JOK.Β  So despite the most athletic LB being drafted to "TAKE AWAY KELCE" or "SHADOW LAMAR" or all the other things we saw people say on here... it really still didn't matter.Β  Oh, he was also parked with inside leverage and still lost... to the inside.

Again Hill? In our quarters and 3 shell the idea was simple - stem top down.Β  Don't let him get behind you and throw up the dueces, don't let the crowd continue to stay in it.Β  See if KC really wants to commit to running the ball and being patient.Β  Β Which they didn't find much success.Β  CEH average 3.5 a carry. IDL did a solid job.Β Β Β  Hill has options at the top of his route based on DB's depth and leverage, the Browns routinely took away the top and he, like any good receiver, broke underneath and before breaking DB's to give his QB a target.Β  Β It's by design, for lack of a better word.

Nearly 40% of Tyreek's receiving yards was on that scramble drill and bailed out across shoulder throw by Mahomes.Β  Β A play only he can really get away with.Β  Johnny J was in a great spot for a QB flowing to the boundary.Β  Mahomes somehow put it back inside enough for Tyreek to answer his prayer.Β  Β  Just one of those you have to tip your hat.Β  It's fluky in the sense that you just don't really see it at any level of football save for that pairing.Β Β 

Remember those numbers I told you about from the Superbowl?Β  Here were today's.

Β  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Tyreek Hill 11 197 17.9 1 75 15
Travis Kelce 6 76 12.7 2 19 7

Β 

Damn, that's looks pretty similar to the superbowl just in reverse.

The idea was to not let KC get rhythmΒ and go bombs away.Β  Β To their credit, their pass pro held up and they weren't so obsessed with his vertical threat that they allowed to work Β parts of the intermediate field.Β  But discounting the miracle bomb to Hill, the longest pass given up to any receiver was 19 yards.Β  Β 

Yes, the secondary has improved.Β  Β Mahomes, when he was pressured, bought time and allowed his receiver to settle under coverage and found them.Β  Β  Β The Browns picked their poison much like Tampa did.Β  Only difference is we didn't win the turnover margin and gave up a fluky throw.

Β 

The offense turned the ball over on their side of the field.

Special teams turned the ball over on their side of the field.

THAT was the difference in today's game.Β  Being -2 in the turnover margin.Β Β 

Β 

You guys good now or does this need further explanation?

Β 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

The bracket Hill scheme isn’t working

What bracket scheme were you watching? He drew Ward/Newsome or Hill in off single most of the day

Β 

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

And Kelce killed them

Kelce & Reek Hill win a lot of games for Andy Reid.. it's not much different in theirΒ stat numbers perΒ game against anyΒ NFL teamΒ Β 

1 minute ago, browns52 said:

maybe we get another shot at them, but we can't play bend and break d against a qb and wr's like they have...this ain't the 60's.....qb's are alot faster and quicker and the wideouts are so much faster and quicker....ala tyree hill etc etc....good luck with bend and break.....we will never see a sb with that style...

let me guess as any year?Β πŸ€”Β your here again to play bitch-tits browns52 fan, every time we lose?

When we win? browns52 crawlsΒ under rocks..Β 

Β Mrw Reaction GIF - Mrw Reaction Shocked GIFsΒ  shocking

35 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

And Kelce killed them

defense looked no better than it did in 1999, Gave up that many passing yards?Β  We put NO pressure on the qb all day long until outside of garbage time if we are not the same old Browns we need to win big next week and I don't mean fighting the off for a last second drive, We need to have the game won with 7 minutes left in the game. No letting it come down to the last second. GO BROWNSΒ 

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

anyone here anything about wills ?

looks like he stepped on a foot, rolling his ankle.. Sprain is the word, and Wills posted on twitter 'he'll beΒ good to go"'...Β https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/wills-says-be-back-soon