THE BROWNS BOARD

Ultimatum Time

Guest mz.

Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.

That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?

Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.

I can get Browns news elsewhere. And there would be a great deal of folks I'd miss chatting with if I were to no longer visit. But, you know what? If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. I'm taking a stand for a place that used to be great and has now become a childish pit of suckitude. I have plenty of other places where I can waste my time without being pulled around by marionette strings/having every single conversation destroyed by one asshole/puppet. I think many of us have had enough.

Mike

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't hard to ignore comments. I think there is even a ignore feature in here where you won't even see a posters comments if you place him or her on ignore.

Sorry man...it seems pretty much like taking your ball and going home.

Just ignore the guy if he riles you up so much.

Geesh

Guest Masters
The only way conversation get derailed is if there is 2 way conversation.

Do you have a suggestion on how to get everyone to put that poster on ignore, or to get everyone to not respond to him? Because that is truly the only way to prevent threads from getting derailed.

As far as I am concerned, it is what it is. People have to chose to live with it or walk.

I honestly enjoy lumberg around here. His posts make me lol when nothing else is really going on.

The off season is a bit rough (I have been reading these boards for a while, but have never joined until recently) around these parts. His posts keep it fun to read and creates opportunities for others to joke about him.

don't take him to seriously.

Besides... I kind of want lums to be real... just like santa claus or jesus.

Guys...I don't want to lose any of you. I think that you each bring a dynamic to this board and are an asset to our community.

I also have a problem with always having to respond to or read that individual. If you ignore him with that function...it comes up to you via replies. If you just try to ignore him literally, the thread still gets derailed. Even if everyone tries to ignore him...he keeps it up with post after post until somebody gets frustrated enough to respond.

I for one am not a fan of being cattle-prodded by somebody who really shouldn't even be a part of our community. I appreciate guys who have a favorite player...but to make that the sole topic (even when the topic is entirely different) and to allow that person to rant in every thread is obnoxious at best.

I do not spend as much time on the board as I like, as my job has changed somewhat, but I will do my best to try and contain this.

After all, the responsibility of the monitors is to keep the majority happy.

Unless I am mistaken, the ignore feature does not prevent you from seeing posts that are replied to with a quote.

True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??

Just move on and pass it off as BS.

I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.

I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.

The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.

But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.

I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...

JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.

if people wern't stupid and didn't argue with him like they would make headway, lum wouldn't be a problem. its everyone that argues and tries to insist to him that they are browns fans first and not a fan of either QB thats the problem. you guys don't need to justify that your a browns fan to him, he doesn't care, all he wants to do is be a bitch to everyone not a DA fan. the less attention he gets, the less he stops posting. its like a little kid trying to get attention. if they don't get it they tire out. if you enjoy arguing with him, go nuts, thats great. but alot of people get worked up and try and defend themselves from his comments when its no neccessary or productive.

unfortunatly the ignore feature doesn't solve the entire problem, because he derails every thread arguing with people. the guys arguing with him are just as bad as he is, and are contributing just as much to his bullshit.

Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.

That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?

Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.

I can get Browns news elsewhere. And there would be a great deal of folks I'd miss chatting with if I were to no longer visit. But, you know what? If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. I'm taking a stand for a place that used to be great and has now become a childish pit of suckitude. I have plenty of other places where I can waste my time without being pulled around by marionette strings/having every single conversation destroyed by one asshole/puppet. I think many of us have had enough.

Mike

Can't you put him on ignore and skip over the posts that involve him?

This QB derby has two days left and then a week of giddy proclamations by the winning side ... and then it's Cleveland Browns football time. You know what the regular season is like around here ... it's not as loose and argumentative over QB clubs ... it's about football.

Lums is not a puppet, I know it for a fact. There are no puppets, Horse Balls was character that was created in good humor and for good reason, other than that, there are no puppets by any Admins, or 'insiders". I would know.

He's a dude from Oregon who is infatuated with defending his favorite player.

I think you, and anyone else, can work around him quite easily if you try. Just ignore him.

Or leave and be known as a pussy, a fag, or whatever.

But this Quinn/Anderson thing is not going to be the theme of this board when the Browns kick off against the Vikings.

Hell, I'll still fight you over Dawson's kick being too low against the Raiders two years ago if you want a Lumberg distraction.

But leaving because an opinionated fan of one of our players is too much for you? You are one of the smarter guys around here ... you can work around him and still enjoy it here ... figure it out.

Zombo

Guest 88fingerslewy

mz the pussy,

I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.

Guest Masters
True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??

Just move on and pass it off as BS.

I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.

I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.

The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.

But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.

I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...

JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.

Lum doesn't own anyone. Unless by some crazy definition getting people to respond to your post is owned. But that's just me.

You can certainly pick and choose whom you speak with. But when there is a topic you were interested in and the discussions of other people you'd choose to speak now requires you to wade through a half dozen or more posts to find what you wanted, not all what to deal with that.

If Lum is real, then I wouldn't say he should be booted. But I would expect that when he posts something that does derail good discussions, the post should be deleted.

Hell, I've ignored almost evry thread about Quinn vs. anderson debate....I never see Lumbergh...lol....if you don't want to hear lumbergh, see any posts by him, avoid the threads...works excellent for me. Support whoever the coach picks, support the Browns and avoid the Controversy at Qb like I have since Kosar/testaverde. It is useless and all you inspire is diametrically oppossed views which only causes frustration in the end. Peace....Now we still need a stud MLB, Dqwell and Barton are Average at best...lol

Ahh I see, we should just "ignore" him, yet G h o o l i e and Rich were banned?

Double standard no matter how you slice it.

At least those two sonsabitches loved the Browns and not an individual player.

Ghoolie and Rich were raging war with the admin and lost.

Lums is a defending his favorite player. Big difference.

Those two "sonsabitches" weren't banned because they didn't like Kellen Winslow. They wanted to take over and dominate the site. Lumbergh is dominating QB threads by defending his favorite Cleveland Brown.

I don't even see a similarity.

Zombo

Tom V. and Rich were raging war with the admin and lost.

Lums is a defending his favorite player. Big difference.

Those two "sonsabitches" weren't banned because they didn't like Kellen Winslow. They wanted to take over and dominate the site. Lumbergh is dominating QB threads by defending his favorite Cleveland Brown.

I don't even see a similarity.

Zombo

You don't see the similarity? The similarity is that they are taking over threads and being jackasses in the process. You don't see that similarity?

Just do some light moderation is all.

Pretty simple to give him a chance to cease being only an instigator. I honestly think the guy probably has enough football knowledge to "debate" but for whatever attention-whore related reason, simply chooses only to ankle-bite. I mean, how hard is it to try and defend DA more in the Zombo/Stan method? Still allows for some nice, aggressive, "chippy" posts, but doesn't resort to just being a jackass. ;)

Lum doesn't own anyone

If you can't help but reply to even his most outrageous comments, I say that is being owned.....but ok...we will call it a figure of speech and leave it at that.

mz the pussy,

I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.

I'm sure his posts would be edited to say stupid shit also, if he were real.

They do it to the other "annoying" posters, but not Lum.

Honestly, it is a bit different. Tom V. not only was acting the ass...he made numerous personal attacks on people, myself included, which warranted his banning.

I don't think that lums deserves banning as much as I believe he should be reigned in a bit. There should be allowed to have a conversation about QBing without being called a BQ fag just because you wonder if BQ could do better.

I don't think people would even care if he would just stick to the "Pro-DA" side of things, and not be such a "Anti-Quinn" monger. Any chance to blast Quinn or anyone who gives him any credit. Non-stop.

Not like the guy swears or posts lude material or makes personal threats, but come on the board is nothing but Lumberg posts saying BQ-FAG and BQ has a wimpie arm and shit.

21 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

10 Members: DTBH, AZBrowns, LaneAdkins, ballpeen, Brownshirt, Dan in Florida, Lumbergh, Aloysius, LCDawgFan13, shepwrite

---------------------

How many times are you going to say bye before you actually leave? :lol:

Archived