THE BROWNS BOARD

Bet Buffalo...

Kvoethe

And to bobs previous points. TJ Watt also ignored his agents who believed he could get more money, he probably could have and he went to see Art II and said they have a deal. He did everything right with his contract negotiations as one of the best players barring none in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Look I'm obviously a diehard but I'm not unrealistic. People are full tilt sleeping on the Steelers. Currently the offensive line is the biggest wildcard but they are hungry. Yes I know, easy for me to say but two of our rookies got into it with Heyward at practice on multiple occasions because they are going so hard. Green and Moore. If the line is just better than last year the Steelers are going to do a lot of damage. Ben looks really good and camp/practice reports are backing it up.

Our local media likes to fry the shit out of all the local teams so it's not a matter of fake hype either. Ben looks 10 years younger from a biomechanics stand point. Now just look at the weapons on each side of the ball and try to logically arrive at how or why the steelers will be bad. Randy fichtner is also gone and he was horrific. I guess we are going to find out but people sleeping on the steelers no matter the result on Sunday are being short sighted or just assuming Ben is done. (He isn't)

Simply, I'll believe it when I see it with Big Ben. It's easy to look good in preseason and practice, but I can assure you teams are going to blitz the ever loving shit out of Pittsburgh this year. The man has earned his paychecks, but it sure looked like father time took his toll last year. 

Do I think they will win more games than lose? Since the theme is betting, I'd put my money on the over .500. I just don't see it much higher than 9-8.

21 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Look I'm obviously a diehard but I'm not unrealistic. People are full tilt sleeping on the Steelers. Currently the offensive line is the biggest wildcard but they are hungry. Yes I know, easy for me to say but two of our rookies got into it with Heyward at practice on multiple occasions because they are going so hard. Green and Moore. If the line is just better than last year the Steelers are going to do a lot of damage. Ben looks really good and camp/practice reports are backing it up.

Our local media likes to fry the shit out of all the local teams so it's not a matter of fake hype either. Ben looks 10 years younger from a biomechanics stand point. Now just look at the weapons on each side of the ball and try to logically arrive at how or why the steelers will be bad. Randy fichtner is also gone and he was horrific. I guess we are going to find out but people sleeping on the steelers no matter the result on Sunday are being short sighted or just assuming Ben is done. (He isn't)

No one upon no one is sleeping on the Steelers.

You have a hell of a coach and  HOF QB.

You have a very, very good young set of receivers, a badass defense featuring two mega-stars, and you drafted your biggest need, running back.

I have you going 10-7 and second to us in the division.

Most folks feel that with a 38 yo no longer mobile qb and questionable offensive line, you are not a safe bet to make the finish line intact, and that is reasonable.

You are defending division champions and will be treated as such.

Z

-- Even if we have already beaten you twice in 2021.

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No one upon no one is sleeping on the Steelers.

You have a he'll of a coach and  HOF QB.

You have a very, very good young set of receivers, a badass defense featuring two mega-stars, and you drafted your biggest need, running back.

I have you going 10-7 and second to us in the division.

Most folks feel that with a 38 yo no longer mobile qb and questionable offensive line, you are not a safe bet to make the finish line intact, and that is reasonable.

You are defending division champions and will be treated as such.

Z

-- Even if we have already beaten you twice in 2021.

You may not be but a lot of talking heads are and a lot of fan bases are. I put very little stock in the latter. I agree with all those points and Ben actually is in tremendous shape and not the normal training camp talking point. I honestly don't believe he will be done after this season unless he gets hurt. (Knock on wood) 

Edit: they also won xl with a pretty rough line but a very good defense. The line in place now is very athletic, especially green who is still raw at center but absolutely insane in space and down field.

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Simply, I'll believe it when I see it with Big Ben. It's easy to look good in preseason and practice, but I can assure you teams are going to blitz the ever loving shit out of Pittsburgh this year. The man has earned his paychecks, but it sure looked like father time took his toll last year. 

Do I think they will win more games than lose? Since the theme is betting, I'd put my money on the over .500. I just don't see it much higher than 9-8.

I no bs expect them to contend for the division. Run down the list of offensive weapons. The scheme change is also substantial. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I don't believe a good number of Browns fans do what I do for other teams in the division. If you did you'd be singing a different tune. They won 11 straight games with so called "over the hill" Ben with zero run game and a horrible offensive coordinator. Ben is a gamer and he's in tremendous shape and his arm is full recovered. It wasn't last year. If they lose (they won't) we get a high draft pick and draft a qb. Sleep on em all you want. 

12 hours ago, Bob806 said:
17 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

He didn't and negotiated a deal in good faith.  

Good faith? Riding a bike at practice, while your team mates are busting their butts during training camp. Under contract & wanting more $$. That's not good faith to me, but yeah,  I'm a "Retard."

But others have the right to tell you that you're a fucking Retard as well. 

Who shit in your Cornflakes? Wow.

He's a dipshit.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Vagitron said:

And to bobs previous points. TJ Watt also ignored his agents who believed he could get more money, he probably could have and he went to see Art II and said they have a deal. He did everything right with his contract negotiations as one of the best players barring none in the NFL. 

Roflmao....this is what I love most about this.  Complete BS PR move.

If it was so important...why do private camp...why wait till the last minute??  He got QB money..yeah...Im sure he overruled his agent lol.  

I have oceanfront condos to sell in N Dakota..wanna buy one?

• Haha 1

Steeler week 1 preview...

Ben gets under center...the Oline collapses and he is sacked.

Ben goes shotgun the rest of the game...running for his life. No passes longer than 10yds...10 rushes 70 passes by games end.

10 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Complete BS

Not BS.. his agents were in fact trying to hold out for even more than what he signed for.  And if he fired his agents, then those agents don't get paid.

Reality: The agent only gets paid when the player receives a check.  When you hear of an agent getting axed, that agent is immediately cut off from any future income..

4 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

TJ didnt get picked to be a captain...the team does that.  That right there tells you whats up.  His own teammates dont respect him.

Seahawks didn't choose Metcalf as a team captain.  They must not respect him.

Coach Stef didn't have full season captains with this team in 2020.  He must respect nobody.

I'm already calling enough people Retarded this morning. Let's try to simmer down a bit.

35 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Roflmao....this is what I love most about this.  Complete BS PR move.

If it was so important...why do private camp...why wait till the last minute??  He got QB money..yeah...Im sure he overruled his agent lol.  

I have oceanfront condos to sell in N Dakota..wanna buy one?

It was Adam Schefter that reported that and I actually agree with you. There is another report that came out yesterday that said different. 

28 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Steeler week 1 preview...

Ben gets under center...the Oline collapses and he is sacked.

Ben goes shotgun the rest of the game...running for his life. No passes longer than 10yds...10 rushes 70 passes by games end.

I can see that bum being sacked on the very first play. You heard it here first.

24 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

TJ didnt get picked to be a captain...the team does that.  That right there tells you whats up.  His own teammates dont respect him.

Now you are just being dumb. The team is full of leaders and Heyward is the defensive captain and has been for a while. 

22 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You may be right on this. Screw the agent. Reports were he walked into Rooneys office and finalized the deal.  Unlike that asshole Leveon Bell, Watts great admiration and respect for the Steeler organization possibly influenced him to accept what he was offered.

TJ Watt on Steelers: “This was a dream to play for an organization like this” – SteelerNation.com

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I no bs expect them to contend for the division. Run down the list of offensive weapons. The scheme change is also substantial. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I don't believe a good number of Browns fans do what I do for other teams in the division. If you did you'd be singing a different tune. They won 11 straight games with so called "over the hill" Ben with zero run game and a horrible offensive coordinator. Ben is a gamer and he's in tremendous shape and his arm is full recovered. It wasn't last year. If they lose (they won't) we get a high draft pick and draft a qb. Sleep on em all you want. 

Ben is a selfish washed up QB who shoulda retired. In it only for himself. He didn't want to end his career in an embarrassing fashion at the hands of the this years Division Champs.  Bens backups suck. Ben retiring would have given the the Steelers the opportunity to figure out who his replacement will be this year. Anything short of winning the Super Bowl would deem the season a failure and demonstrate that resigning Ben was a mistake,

And the steelers aint goin to no Super Bowl. So now they've got to wait another year, which brings with it another year of sucking. I'm glad he re-signed.

So how did Rudolf, playing with scrubs and also without a running game, manage to give the Browns all they could handle in our house? ....while Ben gets his ass handed to him in Pitt playing with starters?...making him cry.! LOL

47 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

You take the bait every time your just as guilty 

Bait? I'm just here. I'm not being baited. If I were being baited I'd be making the effort to debunk some of these poorly thought out, half assed takes. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Now you are just being dumb. The team is full of leaders and Heyward is the defensive captain and has been for a while. 

As a Steeler hater...I can be whatever I want!!

😛

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Bait? I'm just here. I'm not being baited. If I were being baited I'd be making the effort to debunk some of these poorly thought out, half assed takes. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

As a Steeler hater...I can be whatever I want!!

😛

Absolutely but they picked a offensive capt. A defensive capt and a special teams capt. Cam Heyward is unlikely to lose that mantle until he retires. I imagine at that point it will be Watt. You know this too or I would at least hope but for whatever reason people feel like they bait me. I don't get baited. I definitely don't get trolled. I've been arguing on the internet for a loooooooong time. You are gonna have to get reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly creative to troll me. 😉

If that's your angle cool you are killing it.  If it's to piss me off, you are failing. 🥰

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Absolutely but they picked a offensive capt. A defensive capt and a special teams capt. Cam Heyward is unlikely to lose that mantle until he retires. I imagine at that point it will be Watt. You know this too or I would at least hope but for whatever reason people feel like they bait me. I don't get baited. I definitely don't get trolled. I've been arguing on the internet for a loooooooong time. You are gonna have to get reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly creative to troll me. 😉

If that's your angle cool you are killing it.  If it's to piss me off, you are failing. 🥰

I thought all Steeler captains were offensive 😎

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1