THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Chiefs

Orion

.......................................Rush / G.........................Pass / G..............................................Run D / G.........................Pass D / G........................................Give/Takeaways

Browns 148 3rd 231 27th 8th 111 9th 248 22nd 9th +5
Chiefs 112 16th 313 1st 5th 122 21st 236 14th 8th

+6

So that was last season stats.  Below is what happened:

US............................... ..112...................................196.....................................................123....................................315........................................................ -1

We didn't get our yards, they got theirs.  And of course we gave them 3 turnovers including the punt thingy.

Halftime adjustments?

The Browns only possessed the 🏈 ??   

2 minutes of a 15 minute 3rd quarter.. Saw all the new defensive bonding-less, than I wanted to see...🤷‍♂️ going into the 4th..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

2 minutes of a 15 minute 3rd quarter..

Yeah.  KC put a long time consuming drive together, like we did at the outset of the game.  And we followed their drive with 3 plays and a fumble...which is worse than a 3 and out.  So, yeah, the game is played alllll afternoon long.  And you have to perform at a high level all afternoon, or else the opponent steals the momentum.  

When we were bad, like in the Tim Couch days, we actually stole some wins because our opponent got a nice lead on us and just kind of fell asleep in the second half...and eventually we'd enter the 'panic time' of the game where we had to pass all the time...and we were pretty good at panic mode (because we were in it so often).  We'd score some points, our opponent would realize that 'Hey, we better get back to work'...but it was too late.  We had the momentum and they had sleepers in their eyes.  We stole a few games like that.  And we were basically a bad team.

We're not that bad team anymore.  So, now we cannot allow ourselves to fall asleep against anyone.  I'm not saying that we fell asleep against KC.  We just made mistakes.  But we cannot allow it to happen.

21 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah.  KC put a long time consuming drive together, like we did at the outset of the game.  And we followed their drive with 3 plays and a fumble...which is worse than a 3 and out.  So, yeah, the game is played alllll afternoon long.  And you have to perform at a high level all afternoon, or else the opponent steals the momentum.  

I'm not saying that we fell asleep against KC.  We just made mistakes.  But we cannot allow it to happen.

My all 22, second viewing went to our LB/FS/S coverage 👀.. Even with the new additions.. PFF ranked us 27th..and we looked like it (verse one of the best corps in the NFL)..

Woods ain't trusting, JOk's vision to be in the right spots as of yet..and that's ok for a week 1 rookie.. Eric Kendricks to Deion Jones took some NFL coaching.. Mack Wilson ain't Wood's answer to better coverage either..hell! Mack Wilson had a clean shot at not letting Homie prance to endzone. To fall flat on his behind,(untouched) now on injury list with butt-hurt oblique..

JOK & Delpit just need to accept being coached up 🤞.. Mike backer Anthony Walker.. looked not the worst in coverage backer coverage play either.. He's just not that fast, compared to what he was trying to cover.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/09/can-rookie-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-emerge-as-the-browns-no-2-linebacker-film-review.html

This week..Tyrod Taylor won't get caught eating his lunch in the Texans pocket waiting on our pass rush.. He's got some speed dump targets, we will be chasing...

RB 2 INGRAM, MARK SF21 31 Johnson, David T/Arz 27 Phillips, Scottie CF20        
RB 30 Lindsay, Phillip U/Den 28 BURKHEAD, REX U/NE
LWR 13 Cooks, Brandin T/LAR 17 Miller, Anthony T/Chi 19 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/Buf        
RWR 17 Conley, Chris U/Jax 84 Collins, Nico 21/3 89 AMENDOLA, DANNY SF21
TE 85 Brown, Pharaoh SF20 88 Akins, Jordan 18/3 9 Jordan, Brevin 21/5

edit--https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/16/browns-set-to-work-out-reuben-foster/  after week 1 games, street players come fairly cheap  

Anthony Schwartz KC game tape 👀..

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/cleveland-browns-film-room-anthony-schwartz-171006833/#171006833_1

when health? a DB coaches nightmare..

Get that knee right, and some contact #13

On 9/15/2021 at 3:50 PM, browns52 said:

what that james gand song says.......walk away.......

Not sure there was a "pretty head" in the mix, but I catch your drift... ;) ... great song....

For you youngenz out there... from long before Joe was an Eagle...

Among other places from CLE's Agora Ballroom to Carnegie Hall... yes, that Caregie Hall... a highly sought after bootleg that became a mid-70s release... some of the boots were better recorded. The release is of almost intolerably poor quality.

and boy

Yer Album's best tracks are covers. Thirds featured Walk Away a gang original that nearly was a breakout hit for them. But it's always been Rides Again  that srands out for me with its relentless drive. It wa the first LP I owned that proclaimed it was MADE TO BE PLAYED LOUD... did I ever... :D

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I love Joe Walsh  ( he's an analog man :) ).  Songs For A Dying Planet is great, but gets no recognition.  

I'm a huge Joe Walsh fan.. Him and jimmy Page have all the great licks at their disposal...

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

Him and jimmy Page have all the great licks at their disposal...

I saw a brief interview with Joe and he said that it's getting harder and harder to create a 'hook'.  He likes to have a memorable lick in his songs.  

• Upvote 1