THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Chiefs

Orion

16 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I've been here for 3 years.  ....anyhow....final score....KC 38, Cleveland 17.  Regardless of outcome, I'll be around.

You obviously missed the point MaHomeboy. You are here to talk trash (i.e. not a Browns fan). That isn't a terrible thing. My point is you have not shown as of this time to want to talk on the actual game of football. 

Just from this one thread about all you are saying is that "won't enjoy Sunday".

And your score could be right, heck it could be worse. The point I am making with that question is if the Browns and fans won't enjoy, it will be fun visiting, blowout, etc. What happens if it's a FG game? Then by your standards then the Chiefs aren't nearly as good as you think??? 

So, you have it as Chiefs +21. So you want to bet any of these fine folks you have gotten into with on that (I'm not a gambler). But I am positive you can find a number who will do that. 

something to watch for Saturday afternoon... this from The KC Star..

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Friday that Mathieu remains on the reserve/COVID-19 list and missed a third straight day of practice Friday, leaving the All-Pro safety’s status for Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Brown in doubt.

“We’re just going to see how it goes,” Reid said. “The other guys have practiced and are ready to go. If he can’t go, he can’t go. If he can, then he can.”

While a player not practicing an entire week normally doesn’t bode well for his availability in that weekend’s game, Reid indicated earlier in the week that Mathieu is the type of player who could see action without practice.

If that is indeed the case, the Chiefs have until 3 p.m. Central Time on Saturday to activate Mathieu, who is vaccinated, from the reserve/COVID-19 list provided he passes the NFL’s protocols, which include being asymptomatic with two negative tests taken 24 hours apart.

Signed,

Chirp! MaHomeBoy Chirp!

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I think this is something both fan bases can celebrate.  Marty was a hell of a coach!

Just now, Pat Mahomo said:

Frankly, if we don’t have to play you guys again in the playoffs, that would be fine.  

Especially in Cleveland in January.  ;)

9 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

How’s everyone doin?  

Hmm, I guess you didnt make a bet with anyone???

You had Chiefs +21, it was 5

You have Chiefs with 38, they didnt get that 

You had Browns with 17, they got more

And you pretty much just said you don't want to play the Browns again, seems kinda strange for someone who isn't that good and would get blown out according to you.

10 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

get pancreatic cancer you smug, patronizing fuck.

Whoa.  Easy there champ.  

35 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Frankly, if we don’t have to play you guys again in the playoffs, that would be fine.  

At least admit here and now, your bias clouds your judgement and you were WAY the fuck off.   

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ward on Hill and we are fine part 2. 

It Would be nice to see Ronnie Harrison, ObJ, Honey Badger and Clark play too.

See you in January hopefully in Cleveland 

Hey SD would you come to Cleveland in January to catch the game ?

...... maybe some nice pub with a big fireplace.   :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so how many games will harrison be missing ? 4 ? the season ?

None.  Should be none.  Coach stepped in and put hands on a player.    

You want to get involved in the pile? You can get knocked TF out too.  That's why none of the KC players will be talking about it after the game, because they would agree.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

You want to get involved in the pile? You can get knocked TF out too.  That's why none of the KC players will be talking about it after the game, because they would agree.

you really think the commish will see it that  way ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

That was some fucking bullshit, and I'd like to see Stefanski tomorrow make a comment about how opposing coaches better keep their fucking hands off his players. 

28 minutes ago, ATOM said:

you really think the commish will see it that  way ?

Nope. Harrison is screwed and I'm furious with him. So what, somebody pushed you. Ref threw the flag. Would've been huge penalty. But no...he HAD to act like a child. What a joke. How many atrocious mistakes can one team make? 

• Upvote 2

I did have a bet on the game..and I lost that.  

Cleveland had a great gameplan....run at our smallish interior line....use play action....very very effective.  Mayfield looked great.  your run game was rolling.  

Cleveland is the team that is kind of zigging when everyone else is zagging....KC is NOT equipped this year to handle a strong run oriented team with a mauling line.  Last year we had Mike Pennel in the middle...he isn't much to talk about, but on KC's line, he was a key piece that helped stop the run because he was big and hard to move.  KC is tarting Tershawn Wharton at DT...the dude is 250.  KC is built to get a lead and rush the passer.  Not, to get behind and have to endure a mauling like that.  perfect plan.  

I won't even say missing honeybadger had anything to do with it...that would have went pretty much the same as it did VS our D-line.  

Our new O line was OK...seemed like the interior guys did allright.  Garrett was getting around Orlando Brown all game....which was still OK because Mahomes kept stepping up until that sack late in the game.

All in all...Cleveland had a couple of BACK BREAKING mistakes....and it cost you all in the end.  

A couple things to consider...when you play Mahomes....you gotta be focused...KC is never out of a game as long as he's the QB.  You had us....and then suddenly, you didn't.

I watched all of the Buffalo / Pittsburg game today.  I bet many of you did also.  The Bills O line SUCKS.  The Bills D is allright but they couldn't get to big Ben.  Before the season, I would have had it in the AFC.

1. KC

2. Buff

3. Cleveland.

After today...I'd put Cleveland at 2 (and would be at 1 if you won, but now KC has a very important tie breaker)  and you all are solidly no.2.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you guys look like against a more stout D line than what we roll out there with.

On a final note....I didn't see who won the toss today, but normally I am very happy to see KC kick first to get that important second half kick.....I think KC should reconsider that strategy given the design of our D.....we need to be playing from out in front...and maybe taking opening kicks and putting up the first 7 might have been better, especially VS Cleveland.

Your team is impressive.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Should be some combination of KC or the league office firing that coach and KC getting fined some hundreds of thousands of dollars so that everyone is clear that shit never happens again.

It won't, but it should be.

The question to ask when evaluating these things is.. At what point did it seem like a good idea?

11 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Should be some combination of KC or the league office firing that coach and KC getting fined some hundreds of thousands of dollars so that everyone is clear that shit never happens again.

It won't, but it should be.

The question to ask when evaluating these things is.. At what point did it seem like a good idea?

It is never a good idea…coaches, sideline officials or personnel or aquatic engineers…you aren’t in the game…so sit yourself out of the game. 

Just now, tiamat63 said:

I think the firing is a bit much.  A fine and suspension is more appropriate.  Not like he hit a fan.

He should be suspended. The fine is paid by the team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

He should be suspended. The fine is paid by the team

It was so stupid that I'm struggling to fathom what happened. So you're in full pads and some 45 year old coach pushes you in the shoulders? Big deal! It's football, there are pushes all game long! Jesus. 

• Upvote 2

no better place for the tape

the unbalanced dismounting of the foot tumbling to the groin is the kicker... (with aid from 2 chiefs, frozen between 38to39 seconds of video) 

On 9/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Nope. Harrison is screwed and I'm furious with him. So what, somebody pushed you. Ref threw the flag. Would've been huge penalty. But no...he HAD to act like a child. What a joke. How many atrocious mistakes can one team make? 

i put this on harrison and stepanksi.....its a discipline issue.....you got to do what that james gand song says.......walk away.......