THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Chiefs

Orion

Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 148 3rd 231 27th 8th 111 9th 248 22nd 9th +5
Chiefs 112 16th 313 1st 5th 122 21st 236 14th 8th

+6

So this is how we matched up against them last year.  2020 season stats.  

One could make an argument that Berry attacked our defense with this matchup in mind.  The #1 passing offense against our 22nd ranked pass defense.  He brought in multiple DB's, a speedy DE & LB.  Cover better and rush the passer better.  

Gonna be an interesting day for our rookie defensive starters.  An indoctrination.  

• Thanks 1

I'll tell you ^^ Our defense is better & so will be Chubb & Hunt in this rematch. OBJ will get his too..

The Go-rodge is clean enough to winterize da-boat.. 😳 (it was a hang-over hell)

1.) Last match-up... Chubb 13/69 yrds. & Hunt 6/32 rushing. .. Oddly.. Hunt was only targeted once in passing attempts 1/1. Chubb was targeted, 5 times with 3 drops with 2 catches..we'll need more rushing attempts & yards than the last match-up. Schwartz & D. Felton... here your clue, to take the bulls by the horns 😤 .. move the chains, early & late..

2.) Landry has lost 8 lbs. Reported as "getting some of his speed/quickness back for this season". OBJ back, playing off his injury, is still better than not playing at all as last time..That should take away 2 good corners.. (Charvarius Ward/ L'Jarius Sneed or Mike Hughes)

I'm not a big fan of Baker testing KC's safeties Tyrann Mathieu or Juan Thornhill either.. Baker needs to play keep away from these 2.. Choose wisely with your eyes & other weapons..  

3.) This Browns defense, can't be as god awful as our last trip to KC was.. Garrett with Clowney need to hem in the QB gnat as Tampa did. Wood's blitzing said gnat, just creates holes & seams in coverage.. I'd test KC's interior OL with some good DT play.. Keep our LB'ers clean & this time were tackling  Edwards-Helaire, Clyde 20/1.. It may take two? but for god sake's.. Please wrap his wheels up.. 

I feel better going into this rematch with JJ3 & Troy Hill on the field too.. It's Newsome, Greedy & Ward staying healthy thru out the game, is my only worry-some.

Were containing Kelsey/ Reek Hill & Hardman with Helaire, to 27 points or under... tBrowns will win this game.. My Final- Browns 33   KC- 26 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

I'll tell you ^^ Our defense is better & so will be Chubb & Hunt in this rematch. OBJ will get his too..

The Go-rodge is clean enough to winterize da-boat.. 😳 (it was a hang-over hell)

1.) Last match-up... Chubb 13/69 yrds. & Hunt 6/32 rushing. .. Oddly.. Hunt was only targeted once in passing attempts 1/1. Chubb was targeted, 5 times with 3 drops with 2 catches..we'll need more rushing attempts & yards than the last match-up. Schwartz & D. Felton... here your clue, to take the bulls by the horns 😤 .. move the chains, early & late..

2.) Landry has lost 8 lbs. Reported as "getting some of his speed/quickness back for this season". OBJ back, playing off his injury, is still better than not playing at all as last time..That should take away 2 good corners.. (Charvarius Ward/ L'Jarius Sneed or Mike Hughes)

I'm not a big fan of Baker testing KC's safeties Tyrann Mathieu or Juan Thornhill either.. Baker needs to play keep away from these 2.. Choose wisely with your eyes & other weapons..  

3.) This Browns defense, can't be as god awful as our last trip to KC was.. Garrett with Clowney need to hem in the QB gnat as Tampa did. Wood's blitzing said gnat, just creates holes & seams in coverage.. I'd test KC's interior OL with some good DT play.. Keep our LB'ers clean & this time were tackling  Edwards-Helaire, Clyde 20/1.. It may take two? but for god sake's.. Please wrap his wheels up.. 

I feel better going into this rematch with JJ3 & Troy Hill on the field too.. It's Newsome, Greedy & Ward staying healthy thru out the game, is my only worry-some.

Were containing Kelsey/ Reek Hill & Hardman with Helaire, to 27 points or under... tBrowns will win this game.. My Final- Browns 33   KC- 26 

1.  Clowney is a fraud.

2.  "as Tampa did"???  What....you mean they dominated the 2nd and 3rd string turnstiles we had to put out there?  I love how everything thinks Tampa had a "blueprint" to show how you beat Mahomes.....the Chiefs dominated them in the regular season, when KC had a relatively healthy O line.  Even with 5 all new starters....who I am sure will have some issues as they gel....is still a FAR FAR superior group than what they rolled out on Super Bowl Sunday.  Mahomes doesn't need a perfect line to be great...he doens't need a good line to be great...he needs some semblance of an adequate line, and he can dismantle anyone.  You'll see soon enough.  

6 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

1.  Clowney is a fraud.

If that were really true Cleveland would never have signed him to a contract and they certainly would not have him starting as a DE. You don't give much credit to an organization & coaching staff that turned around the Browns in one season.  They drop people that they think are not showing any skills and motivation to be on this team. I classify your statement as wishful thinking. When Clowney does hit Mahomes, you best hope there is no major injury involved or your season is shot in week 1.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

1.  Clowney is a fraud.

2.  "as Tampa did"???  What....you mean they dominated the 2nd and 3rd string turnstiles we had to put out there?  I love how everything thinks Tampa had a "blueprint" to show how you beat Mahomes.....the Chiefs dominated them in the regular season, when KC had a relatively healthy O line.  Even with 5 all new starters....who I am sure will have some issues as they gel....is still a FAR FAR superior group than what they rolled out on Super Bowl Sunday.  Mahomes doesn't need a perfect line to be great...he doens't need a good line to be great...he needs some semblance of an adequate line, and he can dismantle anyone.  You'll see soon enough.  

If Clowney is a fraud why did teams double team him at the highest rate of any edge player in 2019 AND 2020?

This Sunday I’d be more concerned with your new offensive line coming together than we should be concerned about Clowney…but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I’ll be excited when the Browns win Sunday…but I’m concerned that the Browns are healthy and peaking when we play each other in the  AFC Championship game.

Pat Mahomo is scared... He knows the Browns are coming fast... And he just cannot accept the fact that were built on all sides of the football.... There really is not much weakness to our team.. Yeah.. Every team has a chink in its armor.. And in the Kicking game may be ours and some ? 's as far as our LB'er's. Go... But.. I think we're up for the challenge and just might surprise some folks...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

1.  Clowney is a fraud.

Aw, you got destroyed in the Super Bowl because of a second string OL? And now you're expecting a totally new OL to play lights out against one of the better DLs in the NFL from the get go? Garrett is easily top three Edge in the NFL,  and he's healthy this year. He was about 80% post covid. BTW, a healthy  Clowney is definitely not a fraud.  Expect seeing a myriad of stunts to test just how well your retooled OL reacts. 

Yeah I did a little research. The Chiefs put up 30 points or more in nine games. The Browns bought in a ton of new defensive backfield talent to counteract Mahomes. 

And mocking the Browns for losing to the Jets? Just looked at the box score huh? 1\2 the team was out on covid protocol. Including all the starting WRs. 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

These "you better be scared of Clowney" posts aren't going to age well, methinks. 

Well, true enough- he hasn't done much since 2018 with the Texans. Also only has played in all 16 games once in his career.  

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, true enough- he hasn't done much since 2018 with the Texans. Also only has played in all 16 games once in his career.  

If he makes any significance towards winning, it will be in spots, not consistent all season. But a key play here and there can make a difference in the sum of a season. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

These "you better be scared of Clowney" posts aren't going to age well, methinks. 

On Clowney, I'm just eating popcorn and giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Right now he's something else for a QB to be worried about.  Until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Clowney is the OBJ of the Defense…I expect the defensive unit as a whole will perform better when you account for his presence on the field.  His most important stat this year will be games played.  

im not expecting Pro Bowl type numbers.  If Clowney needs a chip block or a TE stays in on a play or he frees up JOK to blitz and get to the QB…these are invisible stats that will be the difference in our games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

If Clowney is a fraud why did teams double team him at the highest rate of any edge player in 2019 AND 2020?

This Sunday I’d be more concerned with your new offensive line coming together than we should be concerned about Clowney…but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I’ll be excited when the Browns win Sunday…but I’m concerned that the Browns are healthy and peaking when we play each other in the  AFC Championship game.

.....because he played for 2 teams that didn't have any other notable DL.  If you bring 4 you can double someone....and on Seattle and Tennessee, he was the best option.  ....I love how you guys think now it will be different!  As if there isn't YEARS of tape showing him to be a mediocre player.

8 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

.....because he played for 2 teams that didn't have any other notable DL.  If you bring 4 you can double someone....and on Seattle and Tennessee, he was the best option.  ....I love how you guys think now it will be different!  As if there isn't YEARS of tape showing him to be a mediocre player.

Mediocre?... Do you even watch football?.. He's an elite run stopper... Stop embarrassing yourself... Ass!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Oh....I guess I didn't realize "Elite" players can't stick on any team year after year and keep signing one year deals.  "Elite".

Again.. Stop embarrassing yourself... FOOL!

30 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Wow....what a compelling argument.  you're right!  Furthermore...having a run stuffing end is just what the dr. ordered in a pass happy league.  

Were you born dumb? or do you work at it?.....  You need to stop both the run and the pass.. I doubt you'll be man enough to come back and eat crow after the Browns whip your ass... The ones who talk the most and the loudest  are the most ignorant..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Were you born dumb? or do you work at it?.....  You need to stop both the run and the pass.. I doubt you'll be man enough to come back and eat crow after the Browns whip your ass... The ones who talk the most and the loudest  are the most ignorant..

Pot, meet kettle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Despite double teams he’s been one of the best against the run in the NFL.  PFF and opposing offensive coordinators do not share your “mediocre” opinion. 

I don’t think I’ve seen any outlandish Clowney opinions in here most are convinced he’s another great piece to the puzzle on defense and are hoping he stays healthy over the course of the year.

Should we think now it will be different? Yes! Should we believe Clowney will be doubled at a similar rate?

So when Myles Garrett breaks the huddle with Clowney and Garrett is lined up on the other end. Clowney should expect the same attention and treatment from Def Coordinators (doubled, pointed out by the opposing QB)? 

Our team has some work to do to make sure all these pretty dang good pieces gel.  I’m not sold on our def. coordinator But The hope is they can gel enough to play some Jan./Feb. football at a high level. 

There are a lot of pieces to work with now.  Joe Woods has NO excuses now. 

• Thanks 1