THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio pizza?

Westside Steve

One of the things I miss most about Cleveland is the restaurants. Especially the pizza

What passes for pizza here in WV is garbage. It’s all thin crust, little toppings and not much cheese. It’s about the same as that New York junk pizza 

I lived in Lakewood for many years and Angelo’s was great pizza

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So one of those bulshit spam sites that rates the best pizza place in every state listed Ohio's best pizza as Pizza Whirl in Cleveland. The picture looked pretty lame. Anybody up there try this place? There really are a million great pizza joints in Ohio.

WSS

There are a lot of good or even excellent places in NE OHIO and especially here in the Youngstown/Warren area. Why ?  The tradition of so many ma & pa Italian restaurants in this area...... unfortunately some are gone but there are some good ones are still  left.

I like one less than 2 miles from our house Wedgewood 🍕 Pizza in Boardman !     The original one was from Austintown long ago.

8 hours ago, Browns149 said:

One of the things I miss most about Cleveland is the restaurants. Especially the pizza

What passes for pizza here in WV is garbage. It’s all thin crust, little toppings and not much cheese. It’s about the same as that New York junk pizza 

I lived in Lakewood for many years and Angelo’s was great pizza

New York Pizza sucks.

WSS

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, Westside Steve said:

New York Pizza sucks.

WSS

New York pizza is fake pizza.. I grew up on real deal Sicilian style pizza..

On 9/3/2021 at 7:12 PM, Browns149 said:

If your pizza is thin enough to fold. Then it’s garbage

Actually if the toppings and sauce and cheese are good I don't mind a thin and crispy crust on occasion but New York, it's just bland in my opinion.

Pizza Uno in Chicago is great Buddy's Pizza in Detroit is great.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually if the toppings and sauce and cheese are good I don't mind a thin and crispy crust on occasion but New York, it's just bland in my opinion.

Pizza Uno in Chicago is great Buddy's Pizza in Detroit is great.

WSS

If I had to live with one pizza forever it would be a Chicago style pizza 🍕 like that from Giodanos on Rush Street in Chicago.

-BUT-  luckily we don't have to do that so an occasional thin and crispy pizza loaded with pepperoni sounds great.

-OR- even an occasional veggie pizza with roasted red peppers would be great from Wedgewood Pizza in Boardman Ohio.

Any style any time mmmm-mmmm.    :D