THE BROWNS BOARD

Survival!

Zombo

Here we go with one of our most popular games ...

Two Strikes and you're out!

My Week One pick is locked and loaded!

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=2757&invitation_key=461e080529e49a36

Group ID 2757
Group Password beer
Start Week 1
Two Picks Required Never
Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week
Number of Strikes 2 strikes and you're eliminated

Don't let Ralemon Rail your Mom Again!

NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE

2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers

2011 RunninUover

2012 D Bone

2013 Jrb12711

2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon

2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown

2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon

2017 Endymion

2018 Mark O

2019 DieHardBrownsFan

2020 Ralemon

• Zombo pinned this topic
On 8/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, D Bone said:

Hell yea, my favorite game! Time to make it a 3 peat. 

When you have pickems, fantasy games and others out there Survival is kind of unique.

I'm in !!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I will wait a bit before picking

No real great picks out there for regular week 1, let's see what 3 weeks of preseason football do there.   Only three weeks to get your roster set including the taxi squad.

No more resting all of your starters in pre week 4 plus some decent players might get cut because of lack of playing time versus other teams.

........ edit, I do pick someone early, it's easy to change later,so I don't miss that dreaded Thursday early start game week 1.  Happened once to me, never again !

Ahhh, might as well make a pick.  If i am like most, I don't look for Jacksonville's only win as an example in week one.  I am just looking to start with  win...at least what i consider a sure thing...it doesn't always work that way.  In this game, you may even win without even having to pick Jacksonville to win....and i am just using Jacksonville as an example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

You guys are going to be pissed when I win it.

More like surprised.   :lol:

And I've never seen a week's picks like this in Survival.

Screenshot_2021-09-16_223134.jpg

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No way I can see to play catch-up on this one...

Yall have fun...

Besides.... I've got my own game going... and it's for more than braggin' rites... more like postponing final rites

On 9/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, D Bone said:

2 and BBQ?? Well, if you're going to suck, you might as well suck epically. 

Mission accomplished! Good luck everyone. 

We all knew you had greatness in you....

33 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ratbirds.

GIFs Nicktoons Nickelodeon Whew GIF.... i had a ravens lost post already in the trigger.. just a click away... 

no way Stef let's Tucker try to determine a Browns/Ravens game again .. 66 yards is all that ball had.. indoors 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

GIFs Nicktoons Nickelodeon Whew GIF.... i had a ravens lost post already in the trigger.. just a click away... 

no way Stef let's Tucker try to determine a Browns/Ravens game again .. 66 yards is all that ball had.. indoors 

Yes, but I thought the Ratbirds should have had a delay of game the play before. 

Lions got homered at home.

26 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, but I thought the Ratbirds should have had a delay of game the play before. 

Lions got homered at home.

They just showed the delay of game.  They snapped it 1.87 seconds after the play clock was at zero

• Sad 1

“The back judge is responsible for keeping track of the play clock. not TV screens

“Officiating mechanics dictate that once the back judge sees the play clock expire, he then looks immediately to the ball. If it is being snapped, then there is no foul for delay of game.”

So even if the back judge is locked onto the play clock, the flag doesn’t come out simply because the play clock gets to zero. He still must then look to the center to see if the ball was snapped.

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

“The back judge is responsible for keeping track of the play clock. not TV screens

“Officiating mechanics dictate that once the back judge sees the play clock expire, he then looks immediately to the ball. If it is being snapped, then there is no foul for delay of game.”

So even if the back judge is locked onto the play clock, the flag doesn’t come out simply because the play clock gets to zero. He still must then look to the center to see if the ball was snapped.

They need a better system. Maybe put a chip in the ball? Could be used for down and distance. This is 2021 after all. Do we really need a chain crew?  Hell, 2 of them hot plowed over today in Cleveland 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, Browns149 said:

Denver vs Jets.  Might have been the easiest pick all year

These rookie QBs are getting BAPTIZED!

They are 1-10, and Jones is the only one that doesn't look completely lost.

Z

Well an early Sunday TEN loss did a lot of us today,  NO got a few more.  Only 6 still clean...... and now it starts to get interesting.

22 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well an early Sunday TEN loss did a lot of us today,  NO got a few more.  Only 6 still clean...... and now it starts to get interesting.

Unfortunately kid was sick and blanked on doing the survival pick, but would have for sure picked Tenn, so it washed out.

Good luck everyone.

• Thanks 1