THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Schwartz Hamstring Injury

jiggins7919

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times.Ā šŸ˜ŠĀ Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.

which is why i stick with 12 ounce curlsĀ 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.

I switched to golf by that point.Ā  But then, that's where I hurt my back...which hurts off and on until the day I die.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of hamstrings, (if someone else mentioned this already I haven't seen it) but Grant Delpit apparently has hurt his.

Definitely do not want to see this kid hurt already, and Ronnie Harrison is down with a hammy injury too. Harrison is a good player, but man, he seems to made of glass. Hopefully neither injury is serious, they don't seem to be concerned.

• Like 1

I figure ...maybe the covid restrictions plays a part in all the hamstring injuries.

NFL funding study on its most common injury: hamstrings

The NFL is funding a study that will investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries. They are the most common NFL injuries and nearly 75% of them result in missed time.

Packers: Aaron Jones joins long list of injured players at ...

Latest Packers injury/DNP list: Aaron Jones (hamstring) Kenny Clark (groin) Rashan Gary (groin) Juwann Winfree (shoulder) Equanimeous St. Brown (hamstring) Kamal Martin (knee) Randy Ramsey (ankle ...

Giants WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) expected to ... - nfl.com

After further testing, New York Giants receiver ļ»æKenny Golladayļ»æ will miss a few weeks due to a hamstring injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Golladay will be out 2 to 3 ...

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of hamstrings, (if someone else mentioned this already I haven't seen it) but Grant Delpit apparently has hurt his.

Definitely do not want to see this kid hurt already, and Ronnie Harrison is down with a hammy injury too. Harrison is a good player, but man, he seems to made of glass. Hopefully neither injury is serious, they don't seem to be concerned.

And now Myles GarrettĀ 

On 8/9/2021 at 11:36 PM, calfoxwc said:

I figure ...maybe the covid restrictions plays a part in all the hamstring injuries.

NFL funding study on its most common injury: hamstrings

The NFL is funding a study that will investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries. They are the most common NFL injuries and nearly 75% of them result in missed time.

Packers: Aaron Jones joins long list of injured players at ...

Latest Packers injury/DNP list: Aaron Jones (hamstring) Kenny Clark (groin) Rashan Gary (groin) Juwann Winfree (shoulder) Equanimeous St. Brown (hamstring) Kamal Martin (knee) Randy Ramsey (ankle ...

Giants WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) expected to ... - nfl.com

After further testing, New York Giants receiver ļ»æKenny Golladayļ»æ will miss a few weeks due to a hamstring injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Golladay will be out 2 to 3 ...

Ā 

I've always felt that part of what leads to hammy issues are over developed quads vis a vis to the hamstrings and hip flexors themselves.Ā  This is where someone such as Tom Brady talks about muscle pliability being as important as muscle development.Ā  Ā 

Squatting 600lbs is cool, but at some point the development might just be too* much...?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The following players did not practice today due to injury: S Grant Delpit (hamstring), Tony Fields II (foot), DE Myles Garrett (hamstring), G Blake Hance (ankle), S Ronnie Harrison Jr. (hamstring), WR Alexander Hollins (hamstring), DT Malik McDowell (rib), LB Montrel Meander (hamstring), TE David Njoku (shoulder), S Sheldrick Redwine (ankle), WR Anthony Schwartz (hamstring), CB Denzel Ward (soreness). Clowney rested and Takk McKinley is still excused for a personal reason. Rookie defensive tackle Marvin Wilson walked off the field with a heat-related issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, jcam222 said:

Letā€™s hope you are wrong and he can stay healthy. If you are right heā€™s just a way undersized JAG trying to learn the position.Ā 

I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.Ā 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.Ā 

First play deep strike TD against KC? I can see it happening.Ā 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Firstļ»æ play deep strike TD ļ»æagainst KC? I can see it happeningļ»æ.

Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.Ā 

But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.Ā 

18 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.Ā 

But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.Ā 

I don't expect much from Schwartz this season.. Year 2 and 3 .. I expect a big jump...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:32 AM, nickers said:

I don't expect much from Schwartz this season.. Year 2 and 3 .. I expect a big jump...

I 100% agree. My hope for his potential high end would be something like 2-3 rushing tds and maybe 1-2 receiving tds. Why so many rushing tds? Because I firmly believe we're going to run the ball with Schwartz 3-4 times a game out of either a jet sweep or orbit motion. Again, these are my HIGH end predictions. It's entirely possible that Schwartz only has 10 receptions this year but out of those 10, 2-3 could be tds.Ā 

A lot of it will also come down to Baker. I can virtually guarantee you Schwartz will bust loose throughout the season, but Baker is going to have to deliver the ball. And although it won't show up in the stat sheet, there's a good possibility Schwartz will draw some pass interference penalties for us, too.Ā 

We've all heard about Schwartz's speed, but if he's healthy, there aren't many players in the league who can do what he can. It's difficult to replicate in practice and if we catch someone on an end around, he can get down field quickly.Ā 

Let's not kid ourselves, assuming everyone stays healthy, our receiving numbers will look like this:Ā Ā 

OBJ - 1200 yards, 8 tds

Landry - 1000 yards, 7 tdsĀ 

DPJ - 500 yards, 4 tds

Higgins - 500 yards, 4 tdsĀ 

Schwartz - 250 yards, 2 tds

IF Schwartz stays healthy and stays on the field every week, he'll have a real chance to be a weapon down the road.Ā 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Schwartz is questionable tomorrow with a knee injury. Total shocker! We all knew this guy would be an injury problem, but Jesus. Hamstring to knee injury in just 1 week! These injuries are getting so old, man. 9