THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Schwartz Hamstring Injury

jiggins7919

Ya know, I really wanted to be wrong on this one, but from the SECOND we drafted Schwartz I said it was potentially a wasted pick because he'd never be healthy. Why? Because speed guys are NEVER healthy. They ALWAYS have hamstring injuries and they just don't heal. They try to come back too quickly, it gets hurt again, and then boom...worthless. He was drafted for speed, and if he can't USE that speed....what does he do? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ya know, I really wanted to be wrong on this one, but from the SECOND we drafted Schwartz I said it was potentially a wasted pick because he'd never be healthy. Why? Because speed guys are NEVER healthy. They ALWAYS have hamstring injuries and they just don't heal. They try to come back too quickly, it gets hurt again, and then boom...worthless. He was drafted for speed, and if he can't USE that speed....what does he do? 

Hey Mr jiggs. You sure don't want to hear hammy this early on because they can linger on for who knows how long.

Even when they are ok to play ▶️ those speed guys dial it back and don't go at hyper drive speed  ⏯️ which just makes them an average WR....... you then hope that they have good hands or you have what ?  Remind you of anybody else ?

Here's to a blazing fast vertical passing game and stretch out Mr Mayfield's vertical passing game....... and then with the underneath stuff plus the #1 running game it will make them a scary team to test KC in game #1 when it counts for real.

GO BROWNS, just score like crazy.......baby !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Even when they are ok to play ▶️ those speed guys dial it back and don't go at hyper drive speed  ⏯️ which just makes them an average WR....... you then hope that they have good hands or you have what ?  Remind you of anybody else ?

This is exactly my point, well said. They're so worried about hurting it again that they can't ever reach their full potential. Now, it COULD be a small problem, but it's doubtful. Who are you thinking about? Coleman or Benji? 

19 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is exactly my point, well said. They're so worried about hurting it again that they can't ever reach their full potential. Now, it COULD be a small problem, but it's doubtful. Who are you thinking about? Coleman or Benji? 

YES both at times, and even the superstar WR they got from the NYG football team.

I hope it isn't serious at all - that would disappoint an awful lot of folks.  I have high hopes of seeing him add to the creativity of the Browns' offense:

https://www.discussthegame.com/posts/5f078bf1f013f300049abbd0

How Tyreek Hill is Revolutionizing the WR Position

"

Teams are trying hard to find the next Tyreek Hill, and we have seen guys like Henry Ruggs III, Deebo Samuel, John Ross, and Hollywood Brown taken early in drafts over the past couple years, and Brown and Samuel are already showing signs of being number options in their offenses. Numerous other teams are following suit and soon I could see around half the league running out a speed receiver as their number one option, and while there is a chance you could be drafting the next Tavon Austin instead of the next Tyreek, I think that is a risk that more and more teams are willing to take with the reward being so high. "

I think the Browns found him. We'll see.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think the Browns found him. We'll see.

Nope... and loading Anthony down with Hill 2.0 expectations won't help matters one iota.

Not that Schwartz can't contribute, but Hill is so much more than merely fast.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

WR they got from the NYG football team.

Homer Jones? Can't mean OBJ since Hamstrings are the injury being discussed.

I had a double hammy when I was 26... It'll probably be a month at least before we see him again... Unfortunate.. But survivable...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Nope... and loading Anthony down with Hill 2.0 expectations won't help matters one iota.

No, I was answering a question about "what other players and Hammys (FBIs)   OBJ did indeed come from that NY football GIANTS football team.

But that's ok tour everybody gets three strikes.   :o

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hill is definitely next level. Schwartz need to figure out how to be healthy as best as possible and be our speed threat for our offense to really hit top potential. If he can do that, we're not going to be fun. Just having him on the field makes the defense at least think a little. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hill is definitely next level. Schwartz need to figure out how to be healthy as best as possible and be our speed threat for our offense to really hit top potential. If he can do that, we're not going to be fun. Just having him on the field makes the defense at least think a little. 

I suppose it gets back to experience and knowing how to switch gears as a WR...

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

First part is probably true a little bit, but I doubt he reads this forum.

The second part, at the same rookie stage - Tyreek HIll was rated 5.10.

https://patriotalehttps://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyreek-hill/32004849-4c62-8694-8490-45499711dee4rts.com/2021/08/narrative-destroyed-bombshell-jan-6-video-surfaces-of-stun-grenades-being-thrown-into-calm-crowd/

Anthony Schwartz's rating is 6.0.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-schwartz/32005343-4874-7837-9a73-10f9bfd9d62c

HIll was more of a rb that had terrific pass catching to go with it. Schwartz was always a wr. Not just a fast track guy. We'll see how his rookie year goes.

btw, Hill left practice with an injury.....could be hamstring, too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tyreek-hill-leaves-tuesday-practice-early-with-apparent-injury/ar-AAMTxjG

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

First part is probably true a little bit, but I doubt he reads this forum.

The second part, at the same rookie stage - Tyreek HIll was rated 5.10.

https://patriotalerts.com/2021/08/narrative-destroyed-bombshell-jan-6-video-surfaces-of-stun-grenades-being-thrown-into-calm-crowd/

Anthony Schwartz's rating is 6.0.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-schwartz/32005343-4874-7837-9a73-10f9bfd9d62c

HIll was more of a rb that had terrific pass catching to go with it. Schwartz was always a wr. Not just a fast track guy. We'll see how his rookie year goes.

btw, Hill left practice with an injury.....could be hamstring, too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tyreek-hill-leaves-tuesday-practice-early-with-apparent-injury/ar-AAMTxjG

This is proof you need to 1st - slow down.  2nd - pay more attention and proof read.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

This is proof you need to 1st - slow down.  2nd - pay more attention and proof read.

Ahhh .. The Genius has spoken... All hail the resident ASSS-GENIUS!

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Check out his senior bowl 1 on 1's.  There's a reason I genuinely believe we can retain D'EJ.

From the teensy bit l saw of Felton he struck me a shifty guy who manipulates his pace well (stutter steps and change if direction) to avoid contact, but he didn’t strike me as a guy who’s going to break a ton of tackles.

27 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

From the teensy bit l saw of Felton he struck me a shifty guy who manipulates his pace well (stutter steps and change if direction) to avoid contact, but he didn’t strike me as a guy who’s going to break a ton of tackles.

That's because he's 5'9 180bs.  He isn't much bigger than Phillip Lindsay.

• Upvote 1

My Late Night UCLA football watching (here’s a name from the past) Ronnie Harmon...Felton reminded me of Ronnie Harmon. A 3rd down back with good receiving skills.  I see a good open space shifty runner but probably not a wide zone pick a hole and break a tackle kinda back. At least not in comparison with the guys we have on the roster.  

And PAC 12 football wow just disgusting defenses for the most part 

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

dammit, thanks - sometimes I copy a link, and it doesn't copy. My bad. It ONLY happens on the Brownsboard. Some kind of constant recurring interference. I fixed it.....

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dammit, thanks - sometimes I copy a link, and it doesn't copy. My bad. It ONLY happens on the Brownsboard. Some kind of constant recurring interference. I fixed it.....

If there was only some way to fix the fact that you believe in January 6th conspiracies... 😉

• Haha 1

6 months until Cal discovers The Washington Times but nobody tells him it's the propaganda of the Unification Church -- aka the cult known as The Moonies.

"The Washington Times was the top priority of the worldwide Unification Church" -- be careful where you get your "conservative" articles.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:01 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Schwartz need to figure out how to be healthy as best as possible and be our speed threat for our offense to really hit top potential. 

Schwartz will need to prove his worth in scrimmage/pre-season games... Natson/Schwartz sit WR6th at this time, whom become gameday inactives.. Reek Hill is in a far other 🏈 planet than these 2 right now.. Not playing in shorts & shells is not a good early look 👀  🤞 

• Like 1

Schwartz is a burner it is what the browns needed they didn't need another 4.5 40 possession receiver. he wouldn't play and he wouldn't help the offense.

did you guys watch the KC game ?  the browns receivers were getting squeezed  they weren't scared to get beat deep and they squeezed the field so it was hard to run and hard to throw into the short and intermediate levels .

hopefully Schwartz and OBJ can help this year if teams try and do that again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EastSideDawg said:

Schwartz is a burner it is what the browns needed they didn't need another 4.5 40 possession receiver. he wouldn't play and he wouldn't help the offense.

This is very well said, if not well written.  I totally believe that this new regime is all about speed, quickness and athleticism.  The LB'ers they've brought in....the CB's, DE's, WR's, Felton, Natson....with all of the TE's they've brought in and Njoku is still here....why is he still here?   Because he's got athleticism.  You can't teach that.

It reminds of when Rooney hired Chuck Knoll.  He told Knoll that no matter who he hires, the team is always bad (the Browns used to kick the shit out of them all the time back then).  So one day, he told this to his Steelers in a team meeting.  He said, I've watched all of the tape on your games.  I've seen you in practice.  And I know what the problem is.  You're not fast, can't jump high, you're not particularly powerful or shifty.  You're just not very good and quite frankly I'm going to have to replace most of you.  -  This story was told by a player who was in the meeting...and was one of the few players in that room who went on to win super bowls and make pro bowls.  -  Ya gotta have the guys that can run faster and jump higher.

• Upvote 2

On 8/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, nickers said:

I suppose it gets back to experience and knowing how to switch gears as a WR...

Also stretching is a good idea... Or so I've been told... I never pulled a hammie... a quad once, but never a hammie.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Also stretching is a good idea... Or so I've been told... I never pulled a hammie... a quad once, but never a hammie.

My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times. 😊 Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:20 AM, Dutch Oven said:

If there was only some way to fix the fact that you believe in January 6th conspiracies... 😉

They believe in a lot of other stuff- but let's leave that over on conspiracy central AKA the Poli board.  :D   

Cal probably accidentally posted a link here that was meant for over there.  :)  

• Thanks 1