THE BROWNS BOARD

Redditor: I’m a Parkland Survivor But My QAnon Dad Thinks It Was a Hoax

MLD Woody

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Tl;dr

What I miss?

A story that probably true, though admittedly not 100% out in the open (though the concerns of retaliation are legitimate and the news agency first reporting on it confirmed the reddit author's identity)

Qanon ruining lives

Hardcore conservatives turning a blind eye to what the base of their party has become 

The usual 

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

Apparently they don’t realize that it wasn’t up to Biden. It was up to Congress 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-eviction-moratorium.amp

9 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Update: Biden Administration Extends Eviction and Foreclosure Moratorium, Again

https://www.kiplinger.com/real-estate/mortgages/602160/biden-administration-extends-eviction-and-foreclosure-moratorium

Update: The Biden Administration has extended the foreclosure and eviction moratori

President Joe Biden included assistance for renters and homeowners among a slew of executive orders to help struggling Americans.

um for homeowners with federally backed mortgages until the end of June 2021. These same homeowners have until the end of June to request mortgage payment forbearance if they haven’t already done so. The new order also allows up to an additional six months of mortgage forbearance for those who entered mortgage forbearance on or before June 30, 2020. The new order did not address extension of relief for renters.

Renters and homeowners with a federally backed mortgage who are struggling to make monthly payments can breathe easier. President Biden signed an executive order asking federal agencies to extend the moratorium on evictions and foreclosures. Originally set to expire on January 31, the relief now lasts at least another month and in some cases two months, with the possibility of more extensions. 

13 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

President Biden signs executive order to extend eviction moratorium

The order delays housing foreclosures and evictions until at least March 31, 2021.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/nation-world/executive-order-to-extend-eviction-moratorium/507-77bcb5fd-25c4-4588-8423-4d18925ba552

1 minute ago, Vambo said:

President Biden signs executive order to extend eviction moratorium

The order delays housing foreclosures and evictions until at least March 31, 2021.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/nation-world/executive-order-to-extend-eviction-moratorium/507-77bcb5fd-25c4-4588-8423-4d18925ba552

But he can’t do it this time. The Supreme Court said it was up to Congress 

I’m not a Reddit reader, but I don’t doubt this guy’s tale of woe is legit, and while that’s sad l tend to think it’s an outlier. Cults have been around for a while now, which means people with freak flag tendencies have been around for a while too. Typically in the past this stuff would only hit the news when shit hit the fan, like Jim Jones in South America, and what happened in Waco.

Now, thanks to the internet, news about anything and everything is so much more accessible, including news about cults or groups with cult like behavior. Hell, any normal Browns fan with a passing interest in politics could be subject to some outside the box stuff in this very forum. 

The dude also seemed to suggest his dad was an alcoholic, and that will certainly exacerbate things. It’s unfortunately a very common thing with alcoholics where they fixate on woes outside of themselves and lash out at them, and the misery continues for them because they are fixated on things they cannot change. But, in all likelihood Qanon is just the brand of misery this guy’s dad has fixated on, but if it wasn’t that it would likely be something else he fixated on to perpetuate his misery.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m not a Reddit reader, but I don’t doubt this guy’s tale of woe is legit, and while that’s sad l tend to think it’s an outlier. Cults have been around for a while now, which means people with freak flag tendencies have been around for a while too. Typically in the past this stuff would only hit the news when shit hit the fan, like Jim Jones in South America, and what happened in Waco.

Now, thanks to the internet, news about anything and everything is so much more accessible, including news about cults or groups with cult like behavior. Hell, any normal Browns fan with a passing interest in politics could be subject to some outside the box stuff in this very forum. 

The dude also seemed to suggest his dad was an alcoholic, and that will certainly exacerbate things. It’s unfortunately a very common thing with alcoholics where they fixate on woes outside of themselves and lash out at them, and the misery continues for them because they are fixated on things they cannot change. But, in all likelihood Qanon is just the brand of misery this guy’s dad has fixated on, but if it wasn’t that it would likely be something else he fixated on to perpetuate his misery.

If you look at the reddit, QAnonCasualties, there are a lot of these stories. 

48 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No guys, I get it. Easier ignoring this than admitting what you actually support now. Hard to look at that in the mirror. Just turn the other way and MAGA. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, MLD Woody said:

A story that probably true
If you look at the reddit, QAnonCasualties, there are a lot of these stories. 

• Story originates on reddit, a site that's overrun by corporate and political astroturfers. 
  • Vetted by Vice, publisher of the recent hit, "Dear White Vegans: Stop Appropriating Food."
  • Story hits every heartstring and is the perfect headline to go viral in the media vacuum that Trump left. 
  • The account cannot be independently verified due to safety concerns.

Is the story plausible? Sure. 
There is a jump in logic from "plausible" to "probably true."
And here you are again, using it to slam dunk on conservatives, all the while complaining of social media polarization in other threads.

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No guys, I get it. Easier ignoring this than admitting what you actually support now. Hard to look at that in the mirror. Just turn the other way and MAGA. 

Maybe you should look in the mirror, too.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:
  • Story originates on reddit, a site that's overrun by corporate and political astroturfers. 
  • Vetted by Vice, publisher of the recent hit, "Dear White Vegans: Stop Appropriating Food."
  • Story hits every heartstring and is the perfect headline to go viral in the media vacuum that Trump left. 
  • The account cannot be independently verified due to safety concerns.

Is the story plausible? Sure. 
There is a jump in logic from "plausible" to "probably true."
And here you are again, using it to slam dunk on conservatives, all the while complaining of social media polarization in other threads.

Maybe you should look in the mirror, too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Vice isn't actively pushing a fake story that will blow up in their face. I'd say the same thing about fox. They wouldn't straight up lie about verifying a source. Again, neither would more legitimate right wing sources. Not arguing Vice isn't left leaning. 

If this was just some story on Reddit then sure, who knows. News outlet verifying the source bumps it up in credibility for me. 

If you're going to equate this thread to everything else that gets posted on here from the far right then be my guest. I think QAnon is a legitimate concern for this country and this is just another example why. There are plenty of examples of it ruining people's lives.

Look in the mirror about what? If you're equating this to most of what else is posted here I'll have to disagree and we'll leave it at that. If you're talking liberals/Democrats, fuck em. Biden is an old clueless man and the party has zero balls. 

And look, I don't want to give the media a pass on anything. Large companies controlling a lot of it, spinning stories, biases, etc. I get it. Whatever other content or filler that might be in that vice article I'm not commenting on. I just don't think they straight up lied about verifying their source. While I realize the faults in media I'm not about to act like everything out there is no better than a single person's WordPress blog. 

Just for the record is this the guy that constantly bitches about sources that don't come up to his lofty standards and complaining about scientists who aren't  liberal scientist Etc?

Why should the ranting of a disturbed young person be a new story just because it's posted on social media? 

WSS

On 8/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, MLD Woody said:

A story that probably true, though admittedly not 100% out in the open (though the concerns of retaliation are legitimate and the news agency first reporting on it confirmed the reddit author's identity)

Qanon ruining lives

Hardcore conservatives turning a blind eye to what the base of their party has become 

The usual 

I think you're absolutely, incredibly dead wrong if you think the base of the party is q-anon people. 

That would be like saying the base of the democrat party is antifa 

3 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I think you're absolutely, incredibly dead wrong if you think the base of the party is q-anon people. 

probably because Trump haters and Democrats believe in so many ridiculous conspiracy theories in the first place.

wait? They are not? B l m is going to be pissed off when they hear about that.

😁

59 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Base is a poor term to use there, you are correct. My mistake. Base implies the majority, and while I think some Q adjacent believes are infiltrating more mainstream conservatives it would be incorrect to say they're the majority. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

I would venture to say after reading the first paragraph of definition that I don't know of one single solitary person who believes that. Not one. I would also venture to say but not the Woodpecker nor anyone else who keeps repeating they're fever dreams about you and I actually know their asses from holes in the ground.

(On the other hand they do love their own conspiracy theories about conspiring with the Russians or hiring prostitutes to pee on Obama's bed...)

WSS