THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Chubb 3yrs 36M extension

SdBacker80

and Now I can order that Nick Chubb Anniversary Jersey 🎊... Paid That Beast !  Well done AB ! ! 

spotrak.. Nick Chubb signed a 3 year, $36,600,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including $20,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,200,000. In 2021, Chubb will earn a base salary of $3,384,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,246,381 and a dead cap value of $862,381.

CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $36,600,000 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$12,200,000 GTD AT SIGN:- TOTAL GTD:$20,000,000 FREE AGENT:2025 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2021 Contract details by year 26 $3,384,000 $862,381 $4,246,381 $862,381 $3,384,000($3,384,000)  
2022 Contract details by year 27 - - - - -  
2023 Contract details by year 28 - - - - -  
2024 Contract details by year 29 - - - - -  
2025 Free Agent Year 30 UFA

from over the cap-- https://overthecap.com/breaking-down-nick-chubbs-36-6-million-contract-with-the-browns/

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

and Now I can order that Nick Chubb Anniversary Jersey 🎊... Paid That Beast !  Well done AB ! ! 

My first thought when I saw this news was "Well, I feel better about the $150 I dropped last year on my Nick Chubb jersey!" 😁

• Upvote 2

This is great news, my friends.  I have been on vacation the past three weeks. You could have posted anything you wanted to, and probably did.

But I am BACK for a great 2021. Don't ask me how this board keeps rolling with absolutely no maintenance and 2003 software,  but it does.

Go Browns!

Love this ... Nick Chubb is the heart of the team and a perfect football player.

Z

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

spotrak.. Nick Chubb signed a 3 year, $36,600,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including $20,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,200,000. In 2021, Chubb will earn a base salary of $3,384,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,246,381 and a dead cap value of $862,381.

CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $36,600,000 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$12,200,000 GTD AT SIGN:- TOTAL GTD:$20,000,000 FREE AGENT:2025 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2021 Contract details by year 26 $3,384,000 $862,381 $4,246,381 $862,381 $3,384,000($3,384,000)  
2022 Contract details by year 27 - - - - -  
2023 Contract details by year 28 - - - - -  
2024 Contract details by year 29 - - - - -  
2025 Free Agent Year 30 UFA

Gumby,

ME TOO! Gonna order my Chubb Anniversary Jersey!!! YAHOO!!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Gumby,

ME TOO! Gonna order my Chubb Anniversary Jersey!!! YAHOO!!!

Mike

My ORDER is on the way  ! 

View image on Twitter   LET's Go baller ! !

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/07/31/notes-dee-and-jimmy-haslam-rave-about-nick-chubb-on-and-off-the-field/

49 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Yep! So is mine!!

Mike

• Like 2

The Browns have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt under contract for two more years together, along with JC Tretter, Joel Bitonio, Jack Conklin and Jed Wills.

19 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm quite glad.  Chubb has been nothing less than what you would wish an NFL player would be.  A role model in so many ways.  Yeay!

The best part.. He's not an attention seeking dipshit!!!!...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

He's not an attention seeking dipshit!!!!...

He's the anti attention seeking dipshit.

He's the 'break-off a long TD run at the 1, so they can come out in victory formation' type.

He's the 'hand/toss the ball to the official after a TD' type.

He's the 'willing and smart blocker' type.  (he blocks Mr. Jim Brown...he blocks)

He'll never get an unsportsmanlike 15 yarder to wipe out a good play.  (are ya hearing Mr. Jarvis Landry?)

To not extend a player like that would be a sin punishable by excommunication from football. (or drafting Tim Tebow in round 1)

Yes, we have another really good RB under contract for a couple of years...but that ain't nothing to be ashamed of.  Let's ride this wave.  We can rest our star starting RB, keep his legs fresh, and bring in another star RB who runs like his hair is on fire!  There's no letup.  

I'm sure that the rest of the AFC North is not celebrating this contract extension.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ATOM said:

josh allen 6 years 258 million 150 million guaranteed  wonder what baker thinks he is worth

240 m 140 m guaranteed.

Give it to him.

Only guy since Testeverde with elite arm talent.

Only guy since Kosar with elite leadership ability.

When you have a team this loaded you lock up the QB if he is Top Ten in the league ... He is.

Z

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, gumby73 said:

I despise Joe Banner & no, I did NOT watch or read the above article. Didn't have to.

Mike

27 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I despise Joe Banner & no, I did NOT watch or read the above article. Didn't have to.

Mike

Banner is basically saying Chubb should have gotten more out of the deal. He also points out that after we signed Garrett, a lesser player signed a week later with another team and got 10% more than what Garrett got. I see it as feathers in caps for the FO. John Johnson also comes to mind as a player perceived to have signed for under market value. 

If we can keep up the trend of signing guys for say 10-20% less than the other schmoes, that’s a real advantage. Of course the mother of all extensions is coming up with Baker.