THE BROWNS BOARD

House Democrats vote to let some illegal immigrants work as congressional staffers

Vambo

I had to check this one out and see what the hell is going on, these used to always be cherished jobs by good decent college students....... with good pull of course to get in and often work for congressman and others in the future.

House Democrats passed a massive legislative budget this week that allows for members of Congress to hire illegal immigrants to work for them on Capitol Hill.

The legislative funding bill "includes language to permit DACA recipients, Dreamers, to be able to work for Congress and  other legislative branch agencies," Democratic Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan (D-13 OH) noted on the House floor Wednesday. 

In the U.S., there are an estimated 800,000 "Dreamers" – children brought to the U.S. illegally who were protected from deportation under an Obama-era program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)......

Hey my old HR guy Tim Ryan (D-13) who got elected in Jim Traficant's old 17th congressional spot which got chopped up into the 13th district and I got bumped over to Bill Johnson (R-6th) that runs from Boardman/Poland down to Marietta on the Ohio River.  A real hachet job to cut up the old Democratic Mahoning Valley, we're in Mahoning County but not the old 17th now 13th and West..... with more Republican voters.  It is barely 50 miles wide in spots and over 300 miles long from a sliver of the old steel mills down to Appalachia county.

He   is always trying to keep in the limelight and on TV in his hopes for a presidential or VP spot, we'll see on that.

Oh well he is still on my friends and family food recipes group email !    :lol: