THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Indians have chosen new name

Vambo

On 7/23/2021 at 11:45 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Security Guards everywhere will protest.

Or maybe they'll love ❤️ it..........or maybe 🚫 not.  Another social media protest !!!

......hey Vambo does your keypad smoke when you're done here ?    :lol:

BTW I hate the name.

• 2 months later...

They should of made a dick move and said ok we will rename the Indians to the Red Skins. It is clear they don't know our history to why we were even called the Indians but I love how they went all out and got Tom Hanks to do the video of the name change. Glad he was able to pull away from the Illuminatti parties of sacraficing kids, 

They should have named them the bison. the "cleveland tatankas" sounds cool.

We saw about 160 buffalo around our car, within six feet of it a few times.....

I don't believe the bison would mind and sue the cleveland team.....

You can argue that if the reason  behind a name is not obvious, then the name is stupid.

Browns, Steelers, no explanation needed. Ravens, Edgar Alan Poe from Baltimore , wrote "The Raven".

Houstons importance in the space program is why they are called the Astros.

Cowboys, Texans, Mavericks, well duh.

49'ers well duh.

Eagles, Philly- the birthplace of our country, the Eagle it's symbol.

Some teams are named simply named to reflect powerful or majestic animals, Bears, Tigers, Lions, Bengals. And a Ram will knock you into next week.  Animal names are high school.

Some teams named after animals native to their areas...Devil Rays, Dolphins, Seahawks, Diamondbacks (also the baseball field is known as a diamond]

Some teams are simply named  to reflect fearless or brave men,  Vikings, Indians, Raiders, Pirates, Braves, Cavaliers. Thats high school.

The Lakers were originally from Minnesota "The Land of 10,000 lakes".

Reds, Red Sox..simply the color reflected in their uniforms.

Washington Capitols, well duh.

The Jets play near LaGuardia Airport.

Who the fuck could deduce from "Guardians" that Cleveland has two traffic guardian statues carved on a bridge?

What a stupid name.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

You can argue that if the reason  behind a name is not obvious, then the name is stupid.

Browns, Steelers, no explanation needed. Ravens, Edgar Alan Poe from Baltimore , wrote "The Raven".

Houstons importance in the space program is why they are called the Astros.

Cowboys, Texans, Mavericks, well duh.

49'ers well duh.

Eagles, Philly- the birthplace of our country, the Eagle it's symbol.

Some teams are named simply named to reflect powerful or majestic animals, Bears, Tigers, Lions, Bengals. And a Ram will knock you into next week.  Animal names are high school.

Some teams named after animals native to their areas...Devil Rays, Dolphins, Seahawks, Diamondbacks (also the baseball field is known as a diamond]

Some teams are simply named  to reflect fearless or brave men,  Vikings, Indians, Raiders, Pirates, Braves, Cavaliers. Thats high school.

The Lakers were originally from Minnesota "The Land of 10,000 lakes".

Reds, Red Sox..simply the color reflected in their uniforms.

Washington Capitols, well duh.

The Jets play near LaGuardia Airport.

Who the fuck could deduce from "Guardians" that Cleveland has two traffic guardian statues carved on a bridge?

What a stupid name.

Great post. I don't hate the name Guardians I hate the reason for changing it. Also don't forget that Paul Browns Bengals named reflect is Massillon Tigers. And New York likes to rhyme their home teams, Nets Jets, Mets. Part of the equipment used in basketball Jets as in West Side Story and the metropolitans.

Maybe Guardians are those who guard a tiny fraction of the population from ever hearing their name spoken aloud again in order to make stupid white billionaires feel like they are doing something good for the world.

Waiting for these woke assholes to change it to the "I" word.

WSS

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

There are the Rockies, (named after the Rocky Mountains btw}, so why not the Rockers?

The Cleveland Rockers is a name I can get used to.

The world knows that Rock 'N Roll and the Hall of Fame is all about Cleveland.

Wasn’t the WNBA team called the Rockers?

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

There are the Rockies, (named after the Rocky Mountains btw}, so why not the Rockers?

The Cleveland Rockers is a name I can get used to.

The world knows that Rock 'N Roll and the Hall of Fame is all about Cleveland.

I just realized that Rockers was the name of the now defunct girls pro team. But so what.

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh no that one's verboten. Indians pitcher John Rocker said some non politically correct things a long time ago.

WSS

He was a buffoon