THE BROWNS BOARD

TV MOVIES

Well, Dish NEtwork discount ended, and the bill about doubled. Called customer service, wouldn't let us talk to an account rep...

so, bye. Went to Spectrum TV. It has almost all the channels we watch, and has a channel that is "Free Movies on Demand".

Very cool.  A big selection of old movies. A LOT cheaper. I think my adventure novel should be a movie. I'd pay to watch that....lol.

Too many garbage movies out there .... imho.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I have all that s*** I have no doubt it's a waste of money but... Most anything I really want to see I don't mind spending three or four bucks to Amazon Prime

I almost never use HBO Cinemax movie channel stars or Showtime but they are on their if I want them DirecTV. Hahaha

HBO Max online is great.  Ton's of TV and movies and its free if you have HBO cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we have spectrum - NO MORE signal losses when storms approach !

and Spectrum has a channel 40o that lists a whole lot of movies for free.

I watched one "Welcome to Marwen". About a guy who was beaten up within an inch of his life....

who lost all memory. Suffered terribly with panic attacks/PTSD. So, he lived a lot of his life escaping

the stress by delving into his own little world. Physically populated by themed dolls, and built a city

where they live, and he becomes one of the players - a soldier fighting nazis in WWII germany.

One of the thugs at the bar had a big nazi symbol on his arm, see. Part of the movie is his imagination,

with the barbie-type dolls becoming life-like, etc. Inevitably, he comes back to real life.

I hope it doesn't spoil anything to anyone who wants to watch it, but at the end of the movie - it explains that

the guy is real - lives in upstate NY, and still sells his pictures of the WWII dolls in staged events.

The start of the movie seems silly - until you get the rest of the real life picture. His interactions with other regular folks

is intriguing and very well done. Pretty amusing, at times very sad...

So many stupid worthless movies, I'm fairly good at trying to avoid them. But one night I was awake, and decided to pick this movie. To me, it's a good bit fascinating. Really a creative entertaining movie- but when I found out it was based on a true story, apparently... I was amazed.

I'm glad I watched it.