THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Battles / Browns Training Camp 2021

gumby73

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So I'm very fortunate to be close with a couple people who have classmates (people I've met as well recently and we have a group text talking about football) who have insight into the team. (on staff, not coaching) 

Came up in conversation last night -  I guess Newsome looks "real" and "ahead of" Greedy.   Their words, not mine.    I didn't even have to mention anything, they just started giving some nice hints.

Ahead of Greedy and no NFL starts?.. I find that hard to believe...

On 7/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, Orion said:

...yes...that's a good way to put it...but Bryant runs like Frankenstein sometimes, with both arms around the ball...because he fumbled a time or two early in the season.

At this stage in Hoopers career... He does not need to be all that fast.. Just run good routes.. Catch when it comes your way... Block when called upon.. can't ask much more than that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Ahead of Greedy and no NFL starts?.. I find that hard to believe...

Neat.

4 hours ago, nickers said:

When are you people gonna realize Masks don't prevent a fucking thing.. LOL... Keep the fear up!

EDIT: If you can still smell food cooking... Cologne/Perfume.. other odors... The mask ain't working.. It's not gonna stop spores and viruses from transmitting...

They are totally fabricated BULLSHIT!

Neato.

We could start hearing some medical updates around the 27th.. Greedy Williams was limited in both OTA's & Mandatory's.. So it sounds like? GW would still need cleared to practice?

When does the Cleveland Browns' training camp begin?

The Cleveland Browns' 2021 training camp begins on Tuesday, July 27. For the first time in league history, NFL teams will have a unified start to training camp. 🤔

Media & fans are welcome in Friday the 30th... Than video's like these take a seat to real on the field action...👀

with a injury history like these two? It's going to be easy to cheer for both at camp... 🤞

Greedy defends his spot.. while Newsome seems to bring a bigger dawg bite... Get Ready!🍿

Last Happy Friday before Training Camp ! 🕺

ImageImage 

Camp win #one.. no hideous brown stripe end zones 👏 75th Anniversary Zones  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/23/browns-new-endzone-art-celebrates-inaugural-year/

si's Pete Smith doing Hol(e)y Pete Smith things.. https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/browns-training-camp-roster-projection

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

That looks great!  (I followed the link, copied and pasted into MS Paint...nice and big)  I'm still curious (in a haunted way) as to what Jimmuh, Dee, and son-in-law come up with for a 75th uniform (hoping it's not one of their clown outfit ideas).

On 7/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, gumby73 said:

(Schwartz) has the size & speed to (return punts).

Agree on speed... question I have is his one-cut change-of-direction.

Size? Still not seeing 6'0, 186 being "size"... more slight.

Comparatively he makes Tyreek 5'8, 185 look thick... and comparisons to Hill ATM are both laughable and unfair to Schwartz.

image.png.e27e4320dc39ef4eb402525db828f2cd.pngimage.png.9b7798057ee91ab2f85d5de3ad7e97f7.png

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I like them and  I haven’t liked too many recent renditions 

Yeah, I might have to get me one of those. That's a sharp look, even if it is the '46 jerseys with the late 50s helmet. 

Rookies report Sunday.. 

Rookies report to training camp today for 8 @NFL teams: Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Colts, Raiders, and Titans.

13 hours ago, Orion said:

JOK is on the COVID list.  :(   

If unvaccinated...... player tests positive for Covid, he must be quarantined 10 days.

Vaccinated..... player can return after two negative tests 24 hours apart. 

Owusu-Koramoah on the reserve/COVID-19 list. It means he tested positive or had close contact with someone who did. The Browns cannot disclose which, nor can they reveal whether JOK is vaccinated. (no tracer contacts.. confirmed or cleared yet)

Browns Rookies and quarterbacks reported to camp on Saturday, and the rest of the team reports on Tuesday. The first full-squad practice is Wednesday, and the first one open to the public is Friday.

The NFL and NFLPA haven’t mandated covid vaccinations for players this season, but have placed heavy restrictions on players who aren’t.

Browns are close to reaching the 85% threshold as a team. Once they do, they’ll have some team-wide restrictions lifted.(This line only is per MKC) 

Unvaccinated players must continue to get tested daily, wear masks and physically distance. They can’t eat meals with teammates and can’t leave the team hotel to interact with individuals outside the club. Also carry gym restrictions.

Vaccinated players are tested every two weeks, can go out while on the road, and more. The heavy restrictions for unvaccinated players have resulted in a big jump in the numbers over the past several weeks.

NFL Network’s Judy Battista reported on Friday that nine teams are above the 90% threshold and 80% percent of NFL players have begun the vaccination process.

😷

PuP's & NFi tracker... https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-pup-nfi-list/ 

• Thanks 1

Good Browns Training Camp Morning! :)

Started with a slight twist to changing thread topic name (links/post staying in one spot seems good, to compare notes)

The,

Official 2021 Browns Training Camp kicks off today, around 2:25 pm

And, Here's some scheduling nuggets around today..  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07/how-will-odell-beckham-jr-look-coming-off-his-acl-injury-browns-training-camp-preview-for-wednesday-july-28-2021.html

Any real live Camp updates are always Welcome ! (we've officially passed the 3 to 5, to 21 nuggets that might happen 🤓) and.....

GO BROWNS !

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Good Browns Training Camp Morning! :)

Started with a slight twist to changing thread topic name (links/post staying in one spot seems good, to compare notes)

The,

Official 2021 Browns Training Camp kicks off today, around 2:25 pm

And, Here's some scheduling nuggets around today..  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07/how-will-odell-beckham-jr-look-coming-off-his-acl-injury-browns-training-camp-preview-for-wednesday-july-28-2021.html

Any real live Camp updates are always Welcome ! (we've officially passed the 3 to 5, to 21 nuggets that might happen 🤓) and.....

GO BROWNS !

Still haven't seen any tickets in my inbox for camp.  

If anyone finds they have spares for a weekday, let your boy know.   

July 28 (2:22 p.m.) - The Browns will be without three players on the first day of training camp Wednesday afternoon.

Coach Kevin Stefanski announced before practice that fifth-round rookie LB Tony Fields II will miss time due to a foot injury suffered in the first rookie and quarterback practices earlier this week. RB D'Ernest Johnson was also excused from practice due to personal reasons and rookie LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

"(Fields) injured his foot — the opposite foot he injured before," Stefanski said. "He'll miss some time. I don't have a long-term update."

• Thanks 1

...sucks that we start camp without both of the LB'ers that they drafted.  It's possible that COVID could affect JOK for quite some time (ask Myles)...and I'm sure that part of the reason they drafted Fields was because he's fleet afoot.  And now one of his fleet foots is injured.  

Certainly reads like a very good Browns Camp start from many media markets.. Led my a good leader in Kevin Stefanski

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07/kevin-stefanski-discusses-start-of-browns-training-camp-transcript.html

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07/browns-training-camp-started-wednesday-with-the-thing-kevin-stefanski-preaches-the-most-work.html

also, Reads like Tony Fields maybe our first PuP list player? (as long as he could still be zoom'd coached?)

Head coach Kevin Stefanski indicated in his press session that it’s a different injury than the previous foot injury Fields suffered earlier this spring. It’s the other foot.

Stefanski gave no timeline on any potential return for Fields beyond stating he will “miss time”.  The speedy rookie was expected to compete for a reserve LB job as well as on special teams, but the injury slows down any momentum Fields might have carried from his recent draft status.

Browns go right back at it today at 2:25 pm

Go Browns ! 

• Upvote 1

Sounds of stacking 3 good days together... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/7/30/22601712/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-3-fans-return-to-berea verse air

Pads can come on?  The first padded practice will take place on Tuesday, August 3, which is standard procedure as the beginning of camp is an acclimation period.

Loads of individual player notes? Scattered in several media outlets everywhere !  good luck, on whom to believe 🤓

• Thanks 1

Search for it if you like - but that 2016 season when Hue tried to put RG3 at the helm.   Nathan Zagura and the sunshine pumpers that were "camp reports" were saying he looked fantastic.

Lying through their teeth or had no idea what they were watching.  Pryor bailed out throw after throw with his wingspan.  

So I trust camp reports about as much as I trust my ex-fiance.  And that bitch is loooooong gone.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Derick Willies retired after practice.

I knew what this response was going to say :)...before the 2nd reaction ding :lol:

Willies grabbed the hearts of many browns fans when we beat the Ravens... when we really had no players to do so..

and yes the reports of are coming https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/30/derrick-willies-retires-from-nfl/

but damm... the last 3 days, sounds like we might have 7 WR's better than free Willies 🐳... some guys just can't shake that NFL injury bug...

51 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So I trust camp reports about as much as I trust my 

own eyes 👀.. I clearly get your opinion though.. it takes me hours to weed out, the need to tweet... big nothings..

I only use the full Browns Daily pod to confirm matching media reports on players first.. I get more out of it, with muting Zagura & FF to the next play.. And hey! we might have talked Ward into putting on that bulk & a few pounds we talked about from pg.1.. 

I'm open to seeing Ward & Greedy playing closer to the 190 playing weight coming into camp..  

guessing I'm not against the new trend of tPackers  5' 10"'ish Jaire Alexander CB's playing at 196lbs..

Enjoyed watching Ward'ens presser from today... Reports & my vision say he's playing around 190 lbs. & looked every bit of it..He looked solid from the presser i saw...